General politics discussion thread

David

And "Easy to learn language".

It's cool. Thanks to English cultural imperialism, we're all bilingual at worst. :thumbsup:

And "Easy to learn language".

It's cool. Thanks to English cultural imperialism, we're all bilingual at worst. :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

I'm surprised there's not more discussion regarding the NHS bill? Do we think people don't really care? Is there a general sense of apathy or maybe a lack of understanding of how this will play out?

It's more accepting the inevitable. If the combined persuasive powers of every doctors/nursing union, every major medical council, the Labour party, the Lib Dems and most of the press couldn't change the Tories' minds, then I don't think there's much point in talking about it any more. It's a done deal, and despite what Labour say they'll never reverse the legislation, it'd be vastly too expensive by that point.

• Paid Members

If I take an "I'm alright but sod the rest" approach, that budget was decent. Disappointed by the lack of any incentive to get young people working but think it was a fair budget for currently working people.

Ed Miliband is an idiot. I swear he wrote his retort without considering what the hell Osbourne was going to say.