General politics discussion thread

David

I don't really think that this show is going to convince anyone who was voting BNP, or even thinking about it, not to.

He's getting the treatment you would expect from such a show, but I still think a stronger panel would have done better.

You reckon?

I don't think he's getting the grief he could and should have.

The other members keep mentioning Churchill, despite the fact that Griffin was right.

They aren't giving him the roasting I was kind of hoping for :(

• Paid Members
You reckon?

I don't think he's getting the grief he could and should have.

The other members keep mentioning Churchill, despite the fact that Griffin was right.

They aren't giving him the roasting I was kind of hoping for :(

I agree, as much as im enjoying this, its the biggest let down of the year.

I thought it was basically car crash TV.

Griffin came across horribly. Beyond parody at times. Basically he kept lying, getting caught and then hoping he could get out of it by grinning like an idiot. The 'almost totally non-violent' comment and his comments on homosexuality were pure Alan Partridge.

The way he behaved with Bonnie Greer was creepy and embarrassing. He was so desperate to not come across as racist that he laughed and clapped everything she said, even when she essentially called him a lying idiot. She couldn't have looked any more uncomfortable by being that close to him, either.

The best thing to come out of this is somewhat of a good discussion on immigration, which wouldn't have happened if Griffin hadn't been there, so thank-you for that Nicholas :thumbsup:

I expected Griffin to face the hairdryer treatment, and I don't think he came out of it as the "nasty nazi" he is, which is a shame.

But the Labour party took a real beating tonight.

• Moderators

It really was an astounding collapse on his part. He was caught in the trap of not having the answer to a lot of points, because the true answers would amount to "Yes, I am a massive racist," hence the humiliating backtracking like "I'm not allowed to tell you why I don't deny the Holocaust anymore," or claiming that he didn't say stuff Dimbleby himself had seen a video of. "He was one of the non-violent KKK" was a highlight, as was the lie-loop of saying he was lying to get the KKK guy on side, er...not lying, I mean...*sweats*

He looked incredibly uncomfortable too - hands shaking, voice shaking, sweaty, that silly little "I'm in on the joke" chuckling all the way through, and the frail-mask slipped totally at end with the stuff about two men kissing being "creepy."

The best thing to come out of this is somewhat of a good discussion on immigration, which wouldn't have happened if Griffin hadn't been there, so thank-you for that Nicholas :thumbsup:

I expected Griffin to face the hairdryer treatment, and I don't think he came out of it as the "nasty nazi" he is, which is a shame.

But the Labour party took a real beating tonight.

How bad does it have to be for JackStraw to get completely Mauled on a show where Nick Griffin appears

FWIW. Tonights QT was the worst I have seen for a long time.. as it was a effectively a single issue show and not respective of the week. I would have liked at least something, even if the last question on the postal strike for example.

Nick Griffin wasnt given too much of a chance to hoist him self by his own petard because everyone else was intent on getting their 2p in 1st.

As I suspected before he really isnt for TV... in the sense he didnt come accross well.. More like a bumbling baffoon

Oh well

Bad arrows on Question Time tonight unfortunately.

Judging by twitter and the like it seems that Griffin has become an after thought to the tit that Jack Straw made of himself.

I suppose if anyone could fuck it up, it would be the Labour Party.

• Moderators
Bad arrows on Question Time tonight unfortunately.

Judging by twitter and the like it seems that Griffin has become an after thought to the tit that Jack Straw made of himself.

I suppose if anyone could fuck it up, it would be the Labour Party.

I guess posts like yours are at least an insight into how a BNP voter would view all that.

And I don't know what Twitter you're using, but overwhelmingly the response seems to be:

- Griffin is an absolute fuckwit and a vile shambles of a man

- Straw is still a cock

- Bonnie Greer for Queen~!

Oh and tee hee at the scamp who snuck in the "Dick...sorry, Nick" gag near the end.

Edited by Woyzeck

Was it just me who thought that apart from Griffin being a bit of a Nazi, they were all the same? All pushing their own selfish agendas and such. Perhaps it's my general distrust of politicians but I really don't think anybody came across paticularly well. Even Bonnie shilled her museum.