The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

So much for my West Indies prediction, India smashed em.Didn't listen to much over the weekend but I will try to this week. I read that they were changing this to a Test series next year, is that right? Each nation plays one test against the other, as opposed to 50 overs.

• Paid Members

I hadn't heard about that, Loki, where did you read that? Anything that means more tests is fine with me.India do look the best team in this tournament, don't they? Their batting is fantastic but their bowling actually looks competent for once and they even have a proper fast bowler. Australia are possibly the worst team in the tournament, which is extremely amusing.

So much for my West Indies prediction, India smashed em.Didn't listen to much over the weekend but I will try to this week. I read that they were changing this to a Test series next year, is that right? Each nation plays one test against the other, as opposed to 50 overs.

Yes, but in 2017 I think. It's been beset with problems - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICC_World_Test_ChampionshipWe could see a return to the "timeless test" format for the final.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICC_World_Test_Championship

Looks like the one-day will wrap up this year, but the Test version doesn't start till 2017. I'm all for it - I do find it hard to get interested in one-day. 20/20 is a blast but one-day for some reason I end up not following so much.

• Paid Members

The BCCI will only end up ruining it by making the IPL six months long or something and having to cancel it again.Mind you, timeless tests? Imagine how long Jonathan Trott could spend scratching out his footmarks in one of those.

• Moderators

Timeless tests would be the cricket of men and finally see a return to real, manly cricketers, rather than bellends just throwing the bat around to improve the run rate.Cricket should be a game of not getting out, instead of scoring lots of runs! A game of psychological warfare and steely determination.

• Paid Members

As much of a prat as he is, Dermot Reeve had the right idea during a county match once. The spinners were getting massive amounts of turn coming round the wicket, so every time they pitched it outside leg, he threw his bat away so he wouldn't get a bat-pad to anything. The kind of thing you wouldn't see between the Bombay Bellends and Calcutta Cocksuckers.

Did Boycott never get approached to be batting coach for the England team? Not knocking Gooch, he's clearly capable, but if there's a possibility of a timeless test Boycott should be preparing the team now for a 10 day innings.

• Paid Members

I think he worked on a freelance basis in the 1990s for a lot of England batsmen - I know Alec Stewart worked with him a lot and I think Robin Smith might have done some work as well.I think he's actually worked more with batsmen in Pakistan than he has our lot. They could do with his help now as well.