The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

On the way home after a 2 hour trip to see just under 2 hours cricket.

It was definitely worth it, a convincing conclusion to England's first win in almost a year.

It'll be interesting to see how both teams look for the next test - India surely have to play Ashwin,and we could be without Anderson (who surely didn't deserve man of the match here)..

On the way home after a 2 hour trip to see just under 2 hours cricket.

It was definitely worth it, a convincing conclusion to England's first win in almost a year.

It'll be interesting to see how both teams look for the next test - India surely have to play Ashwin,and we could be without Anderson (who surely didn't deserve man of the match here)..

Fantastic win for England, to bowl India out twice with 3 bowlers (Anderson, Broad and Ali) is a great effort. It was a throwback to 2009-2012 were it seemed every England 1st innings was 450+.

Ali was the MOTM.

Edited by Fanny Pack

Glad this has been bumped now we're good at cricket again :laugh:  Was going to do it myself. Wonderful test match from England with individual performances (that have been around all summer) finally clicking together as a team. As a Worcester fan I'm delighted for Moeen and hope he stick In the side by gaining confidence with his bowling while making sure he still gets runs. Looks a little loose with the bat at times, but hopefully he'll only improve on that.

Delighted for Cook too, must have been a horrible year for him so far and I was starting to think he was done so great to see him come back like that as he seems a very likeable bloke.

I was at the Rose Bowl for the first day, and it was a great atmosphere. It seems that it was his batting that was affecting his captaincy, not the other day round.

We do look like we've got some good new talent coming through BUT in the last 12 months we've proved incredibly brittle, and still hugely reliant on Cook, Bell, Broad and Anderson performing. I can't see this as a new dawn yet until we turn this into a series victory.

Also, we need to find a permanent opener alongside Cook. I'd try Carberry again personally; not convinced Robson is the solution. Perhaps Root could give it another go?

No but it's very similar to the rest of England's top order, which is the point I'm making. 

Yes thats true but i think out of England top 6 he is the one with most ability to kick on, for example he will get to 50 in 100 balls bit the next 50 will take 70 odd balls,

Root has enough to deal with being essentially a batting all rounder than to open the batting. Its like when they moved stewart to opener. He already had enough to worry about.

Stewart preferred opening to batting at 5 or 6. I read somewhere that he would have preferred to open even when he was keeping but the managament at the time forced him down the order. His average as an opener in tests was 46.90 in 51 games with 9 centuries.