New Doctor Who

stewdogg

Trailer looked amazing, was he kissing river in the prison?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
That's me now finished reviewing the entire first series of Doctor Who - An Unearthly Child through to the Reign of Terror.

For anyone who has seen them, let me know if you agree...

You can read them here

Are your reviews published anywhere or do you just do it as a hobby?

That's me now finished reviewing the entire first series of Doctor Who - An Unearthly Child through to the Reign of Terror.

You can read them here

Are your reviews published anywhere or do you just do it as a hobby?

I just started it as a hobby because I enjoy writing and its more fun to write stuff like that than marketing material (which is what I've done professionally). The original brief for the blog was to serve as a reminder for me of what films I went to see throughout the year, but people have said they enjoyed reading them so I've kept going, and also started the Doctor Who project since there will always be people out there who like to discuss that.

Having said all that, I'd love to be able to get the stuff published, but dunno how I'd go about doing it.

• Paid Members

You can read them here

I watched the first series a couple of years ago, I was suprised at how easily I got into it. I noticed a few things that don't seem to fit with what I know about The Doctor, such as seemingly being human, etc, but I really look forward to seeing how that plays out in later series. I have series 2 sat on my PC just waiting for me to record and watch, I may do that over the weekend.

The only thing that made me sad was all the missing episodes. Really, what on earth made the BBC think getting rid of them was a good idea? If I had a T.A.R.D.I.S. I'd go back, find the moment someone suggested that and give them a good poke in the eye!

You may have noticed the little 'history lesson' I did about missing episodes in the Marco Polo review.

It's a crying shame (quite literally to some) that they thoughtlessly trashed these episodes - especially when you consider that every single episode of Blue Peter exists and that clips from Doctor Who survive because they were featured on shows with no replay value whatsoever.

In time though I imagine we'll see them all reanimated, thanks to the guy who recorded all the audios from the TV.

As for getting in to the early Doctor Whos - they are among the very best. I think the biggest barrier to entry is that they are black and white. You'd be surprised at the amount of people who won't watch anything black and white.

• Paid Members
As for getting in to the early Doctor Whos - they are among the very best. I think the biggest barrier to entry is that they are black and white. You'd be surprised at the amount of people who won't watch anything black and white.

Actually, generally speaking I hate black and white, but yet I had no issues with Doctor Who, infact it aided the novelty to start with. When I put the first episode in and the opening theme and logo where on screen I felt like I was watching it on one of those really old TV's rather than my LCD!

I actually have one of these

OldTV.jpg