New Doctor Who

stewdogg

Why would it have been in a picture with Amy then if it was River's and The Doctors? Plus I highly doubt they'll do down that route.

The photo with Amy could turn out to be a different baby or just because the photo is Amy and the baby doesn't mean she is the mother as a close friend of The Doctor she may just of had her photo taken with his baby

• Paid Members
or just because the photo is Amy and the baby doesn't mean she is the mother as a close friend of The Doctor she may just of had her photo taken with his baby

She looked very much like she'd just given birth in the photo.

Yeah exactly. Plus it would be another Doctor's Daughter situation which they did only a few years ago.

I think it has something to do with the TARDIS and the fact that she's jumped around time. The Doctor will have to face up to the consequences.

Maybe the kid is a regenerated Jenny as I said we don't know 100% if the baby and the Time Kid are the same child I do think some twist is coming and what we thought we saw is not really what it was.

But on that if it isn't her I do think Jenny will show up again sooner or later as in the original script she died but it was Moffat who insisted she be kept alive I can only think he did that because he wanted to use her again sooner or later

I've ehard him talk about this (at Comic Con I think) and he simply said that he thought it was a bit of a waste to kill her off, not that he had any sort of specific plan to bring her back.

We mjust remember Amy is still 'sort' of pregnant.

If I hear another shitty newspaper negative review of the 'oh-it's-not-happy-shiny-shiny-happy' ilk tomorrow, i'm going on a spree. With a gun.

Seriously, the ability of the current crew to turn an episode that, in theory, should be one of the traditional throwaway nonsense episodes with a silly premise, into a genuinely melodramatic epic is nothing short of incredible. Not quite as good as the Van Gogh episode, but close.

Also, the single best piece of acting i've seen in a very long time on TV was Smith's response to Rory waking up. Rather than the easy triumphalist shit that Tennant peddled far too often, he acted like someone of the doctor's age should; like 'great...but seriously, enough with this shit already'...

OH, and, THE FUCKING OOD!!!!

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

That's the biggest triumph of Smith's stint so far; he's the youngest ever doctor, yet he's acted the Doctor's age better than anyone. I genuinely don't think that once he leaves, i'll enjoy Who as much ever again.

Crazy as it might sound to some, my favourite ever Doctor by an absolute country mile.

That episode didn't do much for me, i think that changing the portals from water to shiney stuff half way through took something away from the episode plus i hate the 'everybody dies then comes back' endings that are reminiscent of RTD. Although not every body 'came back' so to speak and it was pretty bleak you just know some where down the line we'll get pirates in space.

it was a fun episode enjoyed it

amy sword fighting was a bit silly but great performances from smith and bonneville

next week will be massive though been a lot of hype round next week especially as it is written by neil gaiman so cant wait

• Paid Members
That episode didn't do much for me, i think that changing the portals from water to shiney stuff half way through took something away from the episode plus i hate the 'everybody dies then comes back' endings that are reminiscent of RTD. Although not every body 'came back' so to speak and it was pretty bleak you just know some where down the line we'll get pirates in space.

Surely expanding and explaining it was anything with a reflection created a bigger sense of threat and panic, because once it was determined that simply avoiding water wasn't enough then the characters below deck were still in danger. Plus it opened the way for the Captain's greed and love of treasure to result in the implied death of his son which was critical in showing him the error of his ways and allowed him to get his priorities right. In the overall scheme of things it was an unimportant episode so that lessens the blow of it being a everybody dies but comes back at the end episode.

I'm really enjoying the new series and digging Smith. There just seems to be a lot more meaning and deepness to the episodes; previously this episode could well have been a jolly pirate romp with talking parrots and Rory getting drunk on grog.

it was a fun episode enjoyed it

amy sword fighting was a bit silly but great performances from smith and bonneville

next week will be massive though been a lot of hype round next week especially as it is written by neil gaiman so cant wait

The sword fighting was meant to be silly, it's bleeding Doctor Who, if there isn't a silly bit in three episodes they may as well change the name of it.

There just seems to be a lot more meaning and deepness to the episodes; previously this episode could well have been a jolly pirate romp with talking parrots and Rory getting drunk on grog.

I think I mighth have enjoyed the jolly pirate romp more. Its all great having these serious episodes and all but I do kinda like the fun mad romps. In fact its the combination of seriousness and complete silliness that makes the series one of my favourites. I suppose this one did have amy swordfighting and space pirates to be fair. There was something overhwlemingly dull about it though. And in places it felt as if the script was still an early draft and hadn't been worked on enough.

Surely expanding and explaining it was anything with a reflection created a bigger sense of threat and panic, because once it was determined that simply avoiding water wasn't enough then the characters below deck were still in danger. Plus it opened the way for the Captain's greed and love of treasure to result in the implied death of his son which was critical in showing him the error of his ways and allowed him to get his priorities right. In the overall scheme of things it was an unimportant episode so that lessens the blow of it being a everybody dies but comes back at the end episode.

I'm really enjoying the new series and digging Smith. There just seems to be a lot more meaning and deepness to the episodes; previously this episode could well have been a jolly pirate romp with talking parrots and Rory getting drunk on grog.

I just thought the idea of being stuck at sea with water being your biggest weakness was a bit more menacing than anything with a reflection. All those points are correct and it did structure the episode nicely and in previous years this would have been a massive camp fest.

Smith has been great and theres so much that shouldn't work but does. He has been helped a lot by having the best companion since the return though and much better writing than Tennant got.