What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
Go download both seasons of Workaholics.

I'm watching Homeland, which is 24 at the pace of the US remake of The Killing. Really not understanding the love it's getting.

Not sure how far in you are, but after a slow start, it gets very gripping indeed.

As for Workaholics, for some reason when I was in Florida in May, Comedy Central were showing the juggalo episode every night for 2 weeks.

• Paid Members

On the recommendation of the esteemed Mr Houchen, I've finally got round to watching Rich Hall's Continental Drifters. It's his musings on the American (for the most part) road movie.

A couple of years before that he did another film documentary for BBC4 called How The West Was Lost, one of the very best documentaries I have ever seen about the Western (and another Houchen recommendation), and he pretty much equals it with this. If you like road movies or Hall or both, find it. If you don't, then I don't want to talk to you.

Rich Hall is brilliant. Faffed around by the BBC for nearly a decade, they do persevere with him in some ways and they keep giving him projects but it feels like they have never given the full push that he deserves. He proves again though that not only is he a great comedian but that he is a film encyclopaedia and a great TV and documentary host.

EDIT - Here's a brilliant rant about 'cheesecake' from it. Great no-selling from the diners:-

Edited by Gladstone Small

• Paid Members

Just saw an advert for the second series of Game of Thrones, shown earlier tonight on Sky.

Due to air in FUCKING APRIL. You absolute bastards, you show the ad now? 4 months away?

Just started watching American Horror Story after a few people I know bigged it up, watched the 1st 3 ep's yesterday and I'm really enjoying it although it leaves me a bit confused at times

Are the maid scenes as good as the ad suggests?

Edited by fruitcorner

Anybody watch the new episode of Californication yet? It was okay like, but I thought the show was long dead, and frankly I didn't think there was much need for anything else to be done with the characters. Apparently somebody disagrees though, because the new epsiode triggered a shitload of separate stories which would appear to require at least one new season to cover. Worth a watch.

I just watched the Angelos Epithemou comedy showcase thing. Fucking shite.

Oh no Pity, this is bad news. I missed this so have Sky+ed the repeat. Was really looking forward to it too. Were you a fan of his already and disappointed by it, or new to the character and just thought it was shit?

• Paid Members
Just saw an advert for the second series of Game of Thrones, shown earlier tonight on Sky.

Due to air in FUCKING APRIL. You absolute bastards, you show the ad now? 4 months away?

Just started watching American Horror Story after a few people I know bigged it up, watched the 1st 3 ep's yesterday and I'm really enjoying it although it leaves me a bit confused at times

Are the maid scenes as good as the ad suggests?

Bearing in mind that this is a basic cable show, and no nudity is involved, if you watch the maid and don't even get a twitcher, you sir are a homosexual.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.