What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Is the general consensus that It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia greatly improves after its first episode? Because I watched it last night and I thought it was utter crap.

theres only 6 or 7 episodes in the first series so you mayaswell give them a watch, its not all bad, infact its the only series I watched and I thought it was okay, I'm sure you'd appreciate watching those episodes instead of going straight to Season 2.

Also, I'm glad Chris Jericho's Kitchen Nightmares, I mean Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares is back, I love this show.

• Moderators
You should watch it properly Gladders. I didn't love the first season but I think you'd appreciate it more than just jumping to the better eps later on. The pilot is total wank though.

Don't listen to him! He stuck with some other show (parks and rec?) and he said that didn't get good until the third series! you're a glutton for punishment newmag..

You should watch it properly Gladders. I didn't love the first season but I think you'd appreciate it more than just jumping to the better eps later on. The pilot is total wank though.

Don't listen to him! He stuck with some other show (parks and rec?) and he said that didn't get good until the third series! you're a glutton for punishment newmag..

You're a heathen Chest, every show has some duffers you have to get through*. It's the nature of the beast with the long American seasons. Skipping episodes is bang out.

*Apart from Arrested Development, obviously.

• Moderators

Anyone who skips episodes - let alone full seasons - of narrative TV shows is a freak who doesn't deserve TV. Just power through it, bitches. This isn't the week-by-week dark ages, it's box sets and torrents and "Oh hey this is 10x better now that I know the characters and get all the in-jokes because I watched from the start like a big boy!"

• Moderators
I don't think people should be skipping, but I just don't get why you would persevere for that long if something wasn't very good.

Oh yeah, stick with it or give up, just don't skip.

This week's Eastbound and Down was incredible.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

"Pubic play?"

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by Astro Hollywood