What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
I went to the dogs for the first time ever a little while back. There were all sorts there, and it was very busy.

I went for the first time on Saturday night in byker, Newcastle.

Rough as fuck.

*woof as fuck.

One pissed track suit donning spokesperson stood at barrier as the handlers were parading the hounds just before race 3 and shouted 'ya dogs a fuckin Doyle'. Interesting night.

• Paid Members

I've been to Belle Vue a few times, always had a laugh & it's always been busy. I think of it like a day at the races but you can wear trainers & you're not surrounded by lads in cheap suits coked out of their trees.

There used to be a 'Banger Racing' track in Crewe but it closed down about 15 years ago. If it were still there it's something I'd probably go & watch. Obviously not the most 'high brow' entertainment but seeing as we're on a wrestling forum...

• Paid Members

Anyone else been watching The Mimic on Channel 4? Better than it has any right to be. They've done the right thing in making it a bleak sitcom about a bloke who can do voices but uses it in the saddest and most lonely ways possible, rather than just have a bloke stand doing voices for half an hour.

Anyone else been watching The Mimic on Channel 4? Better than it has any right to be. They've done the right thing in making it a bleak sitcom about a bloke who can do voices but uses it in the saddest and most lonely ways possible, rather than just have a bloke stand doing voices for half an hour.

Yea definitely agree with this. Not what I expected, thought it was just going to be another impression / sketch show but it is something different and I am enjoying more with each episode.

• Paid Members

So that dogging programme last night on C4, I'm assuming a lot of folk on here saw it? I found it all a bit tragic overall although there were a couple of unintentionally funny moments. My favourite quote being 'It's the main perk of being a lorry driver' & the moment when the odd little simple bloke said he'd like two women & it cut to him having a morbidly obese chick on each arm 'Every bloke's dream'.

Yea definitely agree with this. Not what I expected, thought it was just going to be another impression / sketch show but it is something different and I am enjoying more with each episode.

I think it's great, best sitcom for a while for me. The voices are great on the whole, but it needed much more than that to be good and I think it has a great story and the bleakness works really well. The bloke from the newsagents is brilliant too.

Edited by Baz Windham

• Paid Members

I watched this weeks It's Kevin and tho its very hit or miss the sex pistols bit was superb and had me in creases!

also have to echo the love for 'The Mimic' it is superb fantastic characters brilliant concept.

Plebs is also good if a little obvious

The second episode of It's Kevin was the best, but it has been patchy.

Is there any fans of Pobol Y Cwm on here? I know there's a Welsh contingent, so hoped there might be. I'm not big on soaps, but I am strangely enamoured by it. I do see it becoming a daily fixture for me.

The fact that the BBC commissioned a Kevin Eldon Sketch show whilst knocking back BBC Scotland's Limmy's Show is nothing short of a travesty. BBC Scotland had another great Sketch show with Burnistoun as well, yet the network heads over-looked both. Bloody scandalous.

Edited by BiffingtonClyro

• Moderators
Is there any fans of Pobol Y Cwm on here? I know there's a Welsh contingent, so hoped there might be. I'm not big on soaps, but I am strangely enamoured by it. I do see it becoming a daily fixture for me.

I used to. I stopped after the weird drugged gay rape storyline as it was a bit exciting for PYC as far as I was concerned and everything was fucking revolving around Garry bastard Monk.

Is Sioned still dead fit?

• Moderators

Five fucking stars to the first episode of Hannibal, which was spectacular. A Silence of the Lambs prequel on TV shouldn't work, but man, it really does. Same with Bates Motel, the Psycho prequel, which is more wacky than Hannibal, but really fun. The Americans is great too, so it's a good year for new shows.