What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
Did anyone see "Horror Europa with Mark Gatiss"? No? http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01nm...th_Mark_Gatiss/ well there you go.

Anyone know where i can download this from? Or if there is any way to download from BBC iplayer?

Why can't you just watch it on iPlayer? You can download to your own iPlayer account and that gives you a few more weeks to watch it in.

• Paid Members
So, absolutely my favourite thing right now on tv is Inspector Montalbano on BBC 4.

It's a detective series set on Sicily, and it's fucking great. Every episode basically involves the laid-back hero investigating a murder whilst seducing one of a series of incredibly, incredibly beautiful Italian actresses. It's got great characters, good stories, it's got absolutely bags of charm, and each episode is an hour and a half so you sink right into it.

Only slight drawback is that I appear to have missed the first 7 series :(

Spot on, I only wish Salvo would actually treat himself to one of the countless stunners that throw themselves at him. Gorgeous show in every way and very short seasons (2-4 episodes each) some of which you can grab on DVD now.

I caught one of these a few weeks back and it was so refreshing. Really must make the effort to watch more.

Just watched this weeks The Walking Dead (Episode 4). Wow, just wow. Things have changed a little quicker than I expected and Season 3 continues to be great.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The last 10-minutes or so, even if you do not like the Lori character (which I know a lot of people don't), were great with perfect acting and emotion from Andrew Lincoln and Chandler Riggs. I still get a feeling that Lori might survive, but overall a very effective episode. Sad to see T-Dog die as well.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Been watching the new series of Boardwalk Empire, which has been great thus far. But a few things are starting to get on my tits.

Kelly Macdonald. Her voice in this really grates on me. It's not the Irish accent, more her Irish accent. I do find her character quite tedious too, I can't see what more she can add to the show.

On a similar vein, Gretchen Mol's voice does my head in too. Nice tits love, but just keep your mouth shut.

Billy Kent. What the fuck is going on with your face? Stuck up nose, tiny pouting mouth. I just want to punch it.

Nelson/George's Norwegian wife. STOP CALLING HIM HUSBAND. His name is Nelson. Or George. Or Sir.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

EDIT:- I miss Jimmy. And Manny.

Edited by Steve Justice

• 2 weeks later...

So I have been watching The X-Files, I havent ever seen the show before and Im currently loving my time with Agents Mulder and Scully. What is generally regarded as the best series and where does it goes to pot?

Season 1 was pretty class, obviously love the mythology episodes but the 'monster of the week' ones are pretty good for character development and the relationship between Mulder and Scully. There are episodes that sounded rubbish, but turned out to be class, like 'Roland' and 'Darkness Falls' then there are just fantastic episodes like 'Squeeze', 'Tooms', 'Fire', 'Ice', 'Beyond the Sea' and 'Young at Heart'. While the broader mythology ones that stood out were the finale 'The Erlenmeyer Flask' and 'Fallen Angel'. There was some duff though, like 'Space' was pretty rubbish and some episodes follow the same kinda path and themes. Obviously its aged quite a bit and some of the effects are ropey but you know thats to be expected. Its definately one of my favourite TV Shows and I've only just watched a season so far.

i'm onto Season 2 now and Im pretty sure 'Little Green Men' is going to be a hard episode to top.

• Paid Members

I think Boardwalk Empire season 3 is great, but not quite up to season 2 levels (I don't think we will ever see a better episode than episode 11 of season 2). The last episode where Nucky had the concussion was fucking fantastic though, who knew a character suffering from a mild concussion could create such an intense and nail-gripping episode. Also Richard Harrow <3 <3 <3

I mostly love Gyp Rossetti but do feel that he can veer into parody quite often.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
The X-Files,

Loved this when it was first on, and was enjoying the repeats on FTN (old freeview) from Episode 1 back in the early noughties, but when the channel got taken off air, so did the series.

I bought the boxset, and have yet to watch the whole thing from start to finish, which is something I keep promising myself, but newer stuff is top of the 'must watch next' lists at the moment (Son's Of A, True Blood, NCIS, The Office).

I don't want to spoil anything for you, but most series have very good monster of the week episodes. The Moulder/Scully relationship develops nicely all the way through. The wider consipracy storline got a bit confusing, which I am hoping a re-watch will help clear up. It has very feww 'miss' episodes, in my opinion. A few towards the middle/end of its run made me cry, especialy involving Scully, but i'll say no more.

I'll not say too much, but there is a big development in the end cople of seasons (when exactly I can't remember), where it could have gone into 'its not the same anymore' territory, but luckily it didn't.

Its funny watching it now, as alot of bit-part characters are played by people that went on to better things. A few that later would appear in Lost being a good example.

The Lone Gunmen are good in latter series, but didn't see their spin-off show.

I'm suprised the CSM didn't go on to do much (well that I noticed anyway).

• Paid Members

People always moan about the "mythology" episodes of The X Files but personally I think in the first 3 seasons the mythology episodes were usually the strongest episodes. It's only when things got more complex and convulted in season 4 and onwards that people started to hate them and sadly that seems to be the reputation the show has left behind.

• Paid Members

I caught an episode of Southland last night and it was pretty good, if nothing that different. Great to see Lou Diamond Phillips in something as well. Any fans of it on here?

• Paid Members
Been watching the new series of Boardwalk Empire, which has been great thus far. But a few things are starting to get on my tits.

Kelly Macdonald. Her voice in this really grates on me. It's not the Irish accent, more her Irish accent. I do find her character quite tedious too, I can't see what more she can add to the show.

I'm with you Steve, I can't stand her. Extremely bored of her nothing-less face and character. I don't give a fuck that she wants to help the women of Atlantic City take care of themselves more during pregnant, she bores my tits off. At least she is balanced by the fantastic addition of Rosetti.

I caught an episode of Southland last night and it was pretty good, if nothing that different. Great to see Lou Diamond Phillips in something as well. Any fans of it on here?

Yes, yes, yes. Southland is very good. Brilliant performances from pretty much everyone and a rather unique way of filming the show (with the kind of "Cops" like reality elements they use).

There are some seriously "holy fuck" episodes too. Not afraid to seriously pile-on the misery at times. Lucy Lu turns up and gives a blinder too.

• Paid Members

I've been watching Arrow on Sky. I like it, the action and storylines are quite easy to get sucked into. Refreshingly the Mrs likes it too, making that a grand total of FOUR things we can watch together including football and wrestling.

...And X-Factor. :closedeyes:

Edited by El Nicko Loco