What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Anyone else just watched the 1st episode of the new series of 'Coppers'? Channel 4 have done a good job of keeping the programme balanced, the coppers are pretty much just as unlikeable as the suspects.

I can't believe I've been watching and enjoying this series of Celeb BB. Michael Madsen is so not arsed that he's basically breaking the fourth wall, Andrew Stone is David Brent and everyone else who isn't Frankie Cocozza seems sound and entertaining enough.

prob have a tumbleweed roll pass after I post this, but has anybody been watching The Story of Musicals on BBC4? Eiposde 2 (out of 3) just aired and I thought it wa fantastic, well worth watching.

Got the first 2 eps on the planner to watch. Looking forward to it. I loves me a good musical I does. :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Just watched the first episode of Stella. I was hesitant because Trollied was rubbish and The Cafe looked terrible, but I quite enjoyed Stella.

Yeah I caught glimpses of it as my wife was watching it and it looked pretty good. Did Ruth Jones write it?That new Zooey Deschanel sitcom wasn't too bad either, watched the first episode the other day. There's something about her, isn't there? Edited by PunkStep

Just watched the first episode of Stella. I was hesitant because Trollied was rubbish and The Cafe looked terrible, but I quite enjoyed Stella.

Yeah I caught glimpses of it as my wife was watching it and it looked pretty good. Did Ruth Jones write it?That new Zooey Deschanel sitcom wasn't too bad either, watched the first episode the other day. There's something about her, isn't there?
She did write it, and I mentioned that 'New Girl' sitcom earlier in the thread and thought it was unfunny tripe. I do think there's something about her, but its something I don't like. Her voice or maybe its the whole 'hot girl being funny' thing, which for me she doesn't quite pull off in either category.

• Paid Members

Bobby Fischer Versus The World

Watched this on iPlayer last night at last and it really is absolutely awesome. You don't really need to know how to play chess (I don't) or have any interest in it (I don't) to appreciate one of the very best documentaries that I have ever seen dedicated to one figure.

Somebody needs to make a film of Fischer's life forthwith. An incredible story and amazing to see just how big a deal it was when he played Boris Spassky in 1972.