What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Is the series over? Can I now download the whole thing? Goodie.

The 2nd season of Justified has been great so far too, for whoever was asking. I'm watching Blue Bloods and really enjoying that too, though it was the WORST intro music ever.

• Paid Members

I've become quite good at avoiding spoilers so I think I'm also going to try and wait for the next series rather than read the books.

Final episode thoughts

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Christ that was good though. Joffrey has in the space of an hour and a half become one of my favourite TV villains, reminds me a lot of Malcolm McDowell's portrayal of Caligula although slightly less cheerily sadistic and just plain sadistic. I Was really sad at the pussy-assed way Khal Drogo went out though, I really wanted to see him lead the Dothraki into a larger battle at some point. Still though....dragons? fuck yeah.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by Burchill's Buddy

Is the series over? Can I now download the whole thing? Goodie.

The 2nd season of Justified has been great so far too, for whoever was asking. I'm watching Blue Bloods and really enjoying that too, though it was the WORST intro music ever.

Yes that was me asking about Justified, I have seen up to episode of season 3 so far. It's ok and I will keep watching. However I'm not a big fan of TV shows where each episode has a new bad guy that ends up being killed by the end of the show, I prefer more of a build up across the season like True Blood, Sopranos and even shows like Prison Break and 24.

Also I was expecting more of a country/cowboy/western (or should that be southern)feel to it, with the exception of a few red necks it seems like it could be set in LA or New York and it would make no difference.

I've been mostly been watching Angry Boys, Apprentice, Jamie's Food Revolution - Hollywood and Lee Nelson's Well Good Show. Oh yeah and the Hotel programme that just finished on Channel 4 (Sundays).

Angry Boys is another work of genius!

Amen to that. Angry Boys is the best thing on TV right now. It's taken over from Stewart Lee very well!

I fuckin love Angry Boys.

• Paid Members
Anybody watched Falling Skies yet? Doesn't start until 5th July here on FX but it started is the States a few days ago, really loved the first episode :)

Looks good, the missus has already set up the Sky+ for it I believe. I'm hoping someone makes a quality post-apocalyptic TV series soon, and I don't mean fucking zombies. A bit of a Fallout 3, Book of Eli and Mad Max hybrid. I'd love that. Make it happen HBO!

Just watched the first episode of Shameless USA on More4.

I thought it was really good and i think they've done a good job of adapting it for a US audience without straying too far from the UK version.

I think i'd probably be a bit more harsh on it if it weren't for the fact that William H Macy is fucking awesome as Frank and Joan Cusack is pretty good in it as well.

• Moderators

I've been hopelessly addicted to watching 30 Rock recently.

I've got through the first 3 seasons now, and I'm still really enjoying it... It's not amazing by any means, but it's so easily watchable and it is consistently funny, with occasional moments of brilliance. It's a little obvious at times, but still easily a cut above the average sitcom.

I think my free time is ruined until I'm all caught up on this show... it's one of those ones where I can't help but put the next episode on as soon as one finishes.

I'm watching Blue Bloods and really enjoying that too, though it was the WORST intro music ever.

I quite liked it at the start, thought it dipped in the middle but picked up near the end of the series. It does take itself ridiculously seriously though, and Tom Selleck seems to only speak in sentence-long moral messages but I can't really complain. Plus the women it, especially Bridget Moynahan are sooooooooooooo fine.

I've been watching a shitload of stuff on Sky atlantic-including finally watching The X-Files from the start, but I am really enjoying Six Feet Under. Sure there are episodes where absolutely nothing happens, but it seems to get just the right amount of drama, sadness and occasional laughs. I know Hawaii Five-0 is on Sky 1, but for an hour of wacky escapism cop drama a week it certainly does the job.

Edited by Sergio Bellend

I've been mostly been watching Angry Boys, Apprentice, Jamie's Food Revolution - Hollywood and Lee Nelson's Well Good Show. Oh yeah and the Hotel programme that just finished on Channel 4 (Sundays).

Angry Boys is another work of genius!

Amen to that. Angry Boys is the best thing on TV right now. It's taken over from Stewart Lee very well!

I fuckin love Angry Boys.

Cool, good to see I'm not the only one lovin' it! :cool:

Anyone else been watching The Kennedys? I'm not one for dramas, but this appeals to me, getting quite into it now.

I'm probably going against the grain regards Game of Thrones but I just thought it was a let down, didn't quite deliver for me. Was constantly expecting more from it. Too much style and not enough substance in my opinion (perhaps that's a bit harsh). Kept building up then no pay off, not enough action. However loved the little fella in it, the swearing and raunchy bits ;)

Edited by Dynamite Duane

At the minute the missus is watching some kind of Geordie Shore/Big Brother's Big Mouth hybrid. I really hope that everyone on this show bursts into flames right before me eyes. Seriously, these are some of the worst human beings I've ever seen. That it is all.