UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Were the two white rappers with the nation of domination, wrestlers?

Yes. One of them was Jamie Dundee, son of Bill Dundee from Memphis/WCW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puqVg1cE9nE

Cheers mate, i had no idea pg-13 were in the nation, probably because i havent seen a tremendous amount of old ecw!

Did they ever wrestle in the wwf whilst in the nation?

Cheers mate, i had no idea pg-13 were in the nation, probably because i havent seen a tremendous amount of old ecw!

Think they might have done some matches on Shotgun in early 97. Other than that I can only remember their unofficial involvement in the 6 man at WM 13

I'm halfway through watching "Rise & Fall of WCW" and there was the briefest clip of Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Jushin Liger.

I didn't think they'd ever had a one-on-one match, least of all in the US. What show is this from?

• Paid Members
I'm halfway through watching "Rise & Fall of WCW" and there was the briefest clip of Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Jushin Liger.

I didn't think they'd ever had a one-on-one match, least of all in the US. What show is this from?

Starrcade 1996 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starrcade_(1996)

Anybody know why The Rock wasn't at the inVasion 2001 "WCW vs WWE" PPV? Thanks.

Think they might have done some matches on Shotgun in early 97. Other than that I can only remember their unofficial involvement in the 6 man at WM 13

I'm not sure what shows they were primarily on, but they were on quite a bit of WWF television.

In fact I'm sure one of their matches carries a bit of notoriety, as they were pulverised by the LOD. As in really destroyed!

Can anyone provide me with a list of the Big Japan wrestlers who appeared in the Dirty Sanchez movie?

I'm no expert, but I could've sworn Dick Togo was one of them. But I'm not certain by any stretch, and neither him nor any of the others are credited at Dirty Sanchez's IMDB page.

Ta.

Can anyone provide me with a list of the Big Japan wrestlers who appeared in the Dirty Sanchez movie?

I'm no expert, but I could've sworn Dick Togo was one of them. But I'm not certain by any stretch, and neither him nor any of the others are credited at Dirty Sanchez's IMDB page.

Ta.

I know Jaki Numazawa, Ryuji Ito & Takeshi Sasaki where in it. I can't remember who the others where, I'll have to watch the youtube clip again.

EDIT: The other is Daisuke Sekimoto.

Edited by ECF'NW

It wasn't going to be at Mania, but a separate PPV. They did go as far as to clear it with the commission in Vegas which said it was OK, but they couldn't do worked wrestling matches on the same show.

Lewis seriously talked about it, but soon realised he stood a good chance of losing and wasn't interested unless they did it under rules that gave him too much advantage (including standups after either 10 or 30 seconds on the ground) for it to be worth WWE's while.

Just for an additional bit of information, Kurt Angle vs Michael Moorer was the proposed semi-final for the Lesnar vs Lewis fight if it was to go ahead.

I'm not sure what shows they were primarily on, but they were on quite a bit of WWF television.

In fact I'm sure one of their matches carries a bit of notoriety, as they were pulverised by the LOD. As in really destroyed!

Yes, aside from two matches on Raw in 1995, this was the only other match PG13 wrestled in WWE.

Sadly, JC Ice's notorious backstage antics and some politicking by their USWA boss at the time, Jerry Lawler, got them fired from WWE in 1997 and the match v LOD was their swan-song.

Wolfie D did later compete in some matches for WWF's weekend shows as "Slash".

Two Q's

Where is Darren Burridge and Has Colt Cabana ever wrestled for AllStar?

I imagine he'd be perfect for them

Burridge has been sidelined for the past 18 months or so with a knee injury.

He is due to return at the PW101 show in Edlington later this month.

Yes, Cabana wrestled several times for All Star during his time here in 2004.

Well yeah, but Sylvia is a pretty immobile, one-dimensional fighter and his chin is suspect as fuck. Randy Couture is nothing special as a boxer and he knocked him loopy. Fedor knocked him cold. And once you've been knocked out, it becomes much easier to knock you out again. And again. And again.

The thing is that yes, a good boxer will have better punching technique, so if you leave yourself open he'll probably hurt you worse than a guy who spends his whole time training MMA. But he'll have no defence for kicks, takedowns and submissions. He'll probably find it awkward to stay in a clinch and deal with knees. It's a different game, you know? Boxers are better boxers. MMA fighters are better MMA fighters.

This.

Thing is even though they are combat sports the idea of trying to compare boxing and MMA is kind of pointless in the end. If Roy Jones had two fights, one boxing and one MMA, against Anderson Silva I'd predict a first round stoppage in both fights, with different winners in each fight.