UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

has anybody seen ovw when both Paul Heyman and Jim Cornete were bookers seperatly ?

OVW under Heyman was the best weekly TV show going at the time IMO. Albright feuding with Punk was a highlight for sure. But there wasa lot of great TV around that time. It was just fun to watch. The Cornette era was fun too, but defintiely felt different. A little like Cornette's old SMW promotion if anything.

Am I correct in thinking that, despite their lengthy main-event feud, Bret Hart and Steve Austin never wrestled each other in a title match?

I know the original card for One Night Only in Birmingham had WWF Champ Hart vs Intercontinental Champ Austin, but then obvious injury issues caused the big reshuffle there and the match was nixed.

Got a friend here asking about a feud I can't recall. Apparently Val Venis was teaming with someone, until accusations that Val was sleeping with his partner's sister split them up and sent them into a feud. Anyone have any recollection of this, or who the tag partner was?

EDIT: Nvm, got it. She was thinking of Ken/Ryan Shamrock.

Edited by Jesster

• Paid Members
Got a friend here asking about a feud I can't recall. Apparently Val Venis was teaming with someone, until accusations that Val was sleeping with his partner's sister split them up and sent them into a feud. Anyone have any recollection of this, or who the tag partner was?

Val Venis shagged Ken Shamrock's sister. And Taka Michinoku turned on Val Venis in a tag match after we discovered Mrs Yamoguchi was Taka's sister. That's the night they tried to chop his cock and bollocks off. Must be one of those.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Val Venis shagged Ken Shamrock's sister. And Taka Michinoku turned on Val Venis in a tag match after we discovered Mrs Yamoguchi was Taka's sister. That's the night they tried to chop his cock and bollocks off. Must be one of those.

Shamrock was shagging his onscreen sister in real life according to Powerslam at the time. Bet Vince loved it.

• Moderators

Ken was indeed shagging Alicia Webb at the time, but the angle said he was meant to start nailing her on TV and he said no.

Then Don Frye pulled him up about it in PRIDE in 2000. Then they both killed each other's careers as they were too hard to quit. :(

I was listening to Larry Zbyszko's MLW interview where he mentioned that he commentated on Nitro, Thunder and "Nitro International", which was the overseas syndicated version of Nitro. Was there any notable differences between Nitro US and Nitro International?

Also, did WCW ever have a TV deal in Mexico?

P.S. Zbyszko is so full of shite, it's quite funny.

• Moderators

I suppose he may have meant a version cut down for an hour for Australia or something. Was there one? I know they did something similar in Spanish. Probably with Armando Quintero, who was also awful on Worldwide.

Ken was indeed shagging Alicia Webb at the time, but the angle said he was meant to start nailing her on TV and he said no.

Then Don Frye pulled him up about it in PRIDE in 2000. Then they both killed each other's careers as they were too hard to quit. :(

Yeah, Frye refused to tap when Ken had him trapped in the leglock submission and ended up getting his knee fucked up good and proper.

What with Bret returning to the fold ages ago, Bruno Sanmartino joing the HOF, and even Larry Zybsko signing a legends type deal, are there any wrestlers or other major talent out there that still have yet to bury the hatchet with WWE?

Jim Cornette is the only one I can think of. That and Martha Hart withholding permission for Owen Hart to get the HOF treatment.