UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Bischoff awarding Triple H the belt in 2002. Wouldn't it have been more conducive to storyline building to have a little tournament or something? I think it was often mentioned on commentary afterwards that he hadn't "earned" the title, that it had been handed to him by Bischoff. So, ok, they both get heat from that. But it just seemed like an extended moan after that. I suppose I'm asking, how could they have booked it better?

It's worth considering that unless they did a one night tournament, which short of maybe getting one decent rating for a Raw would have achieved little, then a tournament played out over the weeks would result in having less time to build up the final for the PPV. As it was, they had three weeks to build for HHH/RVD once they set their stall out, four if you include Hunter getting pinned by RVD at the conclusion of the 2/9 episode which basically indicated it's gonna be Van Dam even though they didn't have the obligatory top contenders match until the week after.

But yeah, it's also an easy slice of heat for the dickhead GM to just give the belt to his dickhead mate.

I've always heard that initially, Van Dam was meant to beat him for it in the first defence.

Pretty much.

There used to be a video on YouTube where a former member of the WWE writing team says that the original plans were for Hunter to drop the World title in 2002 to first RVD and then Kane, but both times he lobbied successfully to get the result changed. It's been taken down now though.

Fairly sure it was in the Torch too, for what that's worth.

• Paid Members
Didn't HHH defend the title againt Flair the night he was awarded it? That match could have easily been to determine the champ. Awarding it to him was surely just to make him and Bischoff look like massive dicks.

He did, halfway through the show, then in the main event he and Jericho were beaten by Van Dam and Flair, in which Robbie V pinned the champ after the Five Star Frog Splash.

When did WWE stop editing Benoit out of history?

Just watching the War Games DVD when everyone's favourite double murderer pops up.

I hate myself for still thinking how great he is.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
When did WWE stop editing Benoit out of history?

He appeared on the Elimination Chamber set which was released three years ago this month, so at least three years ago. Although he only shows up when they can't get away with him not appearing, like the Ric Flair return segment on the first Nitro set.

I think they will still shy away from featuring him directly, but where he is a participant in something bigger like a Wargames, he'll pop up from time to time. I guess it is like seeing a documentary of Radio 1 with a few shots of Jimmy Saville in it compared to watching re-runs of Jim'll Fix It. The latter will likely never happen.

• Paid Members

Last I read, they wont put singles matches on him on their DVDs. They only feature him if its an Elimination Chamber, Royal Rumble, Survivor Series or something. Or even if he's mentioned in passing on a WCW DVD by a talking head. They wont promote him though. They cut out a lot of the commentary of the War Games 97 match when he was in the ring at the start because they were putting him over strong. If a new Jericho DVD comes out, you wont see a singles match of Benoit on there.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Nothing stood out.

It was very, very predictable. But, the ones they film a week in advance always are. Otherwise the Internet would just ruin it.

Maybe look up the Bray/Kane thing on youtube. It deserves no more than that.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz