UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

UK Rampage wasn't a PPV, but OK.

1. Why did the UK get poor matches when compared to other foreign shows on the tour?

For instance we had Perfect wrestle one of the headshrinkers and Duggan wrestle Luger. As this was supposed to be all about Wrestlemania fallout im suprised they never did Steiners/Money Inc or even give us Yoko/Duggan & Luger/Perfect (Mania Rematch).

This is half a decent point. I say only half because Dublin, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Newcastle, Birmingham, London, Bournemouth, Brighton and Exeter all got the superior and more logical line-ups given the talent on display, with the exceptions being that Lombardi wrestled as Kimchee rather than Brawler on all the other shows, and Jerry Sags and Yoko got the night off in Sheffield. So, fuck you Sheffield. I guess decision to show the weaker lineup on the one being broadcast live (and recorded for the tape) was made so as not to spoil for the fans still attending the later legs of the tour - Aberdeen, Newcastle, Brighton, London, Glasgow, Dublin - by broadcasting on telly the exact same show they were all going to see.

I was at Sheffield and we got Duggan/Yoko as a dark match

• Paid Members
I was at Sheffield and we got Duggan/Yoko as a dark match

You learn something every day. History of WWE doesn't know that!

Before the main show or at the end? I'm guessing before, since the idea of Duggan working Yoko immediately after a match - even a seven minute match - with the Narcissist seems a little cruel on old Jimbob.

Memory's a bit vague to be honest. Cant believe it was 20 years ago though. I recall the ring announcer saying something like "The shows over, but there will be a short intermission while WWF Officials discuss a bonus match" Then it was Yoko Hacksaw

I think it was a DQ in Hacksaw's favour. You certainly had that "Go Home Happy" Moment.

• Paid Members

The first WWF show I ever went to was in late '93 (I think) at the NEC in Birmingham. Undertaker vs Yoko was the main event and ended on a DQ after some bollocks outside involving Bearer and Fuji.

All I remember of the rest was Savage vs Michaels and Diesel vs Tatanka, which was originally meant to be Diesel vs Perfect. The ring announcer said Perfect couldn't make it for some reason which I was fucking gutted about.

Oh and due to needing a piss and then getting an ice cream, I completely missed Virgil getting squashed by Adam Bomb.

• Paid Members

This would be your card, if you're interested...

04/12/93

Adam Bomb pinned Virgil

1-2-3 Kid defeated Rick Martel

The Smoking Gunns defeated two Knights

Tatanka defeated Diesel via count-out

WWF IC Champion Razor Ramon pinned IRS

Randy Savage pinned Shawn Michaels after Razor Ramon came ringside

The Undertaker defeated WWF World Champion Yokozuna via disqualification after Mr. Fuji hit the challenger with the salt bucket

Edited by air_raid