Utah

Vermont

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

• Paid Members
When did Cody Rhodes start using the disaster kick? Was it only after Legacy finished?

Think it must have been just after John Morrison left - I don't think the road agents would've let Rhodes use it, let alone name it, while JM was still in the company.

• Paid Members

Does anybody know of any decent sites based in the UK, that you can buy WWE shirts from? That also don't cost the earth?

With WWE now selling stuff direct from the states, the prices have suddenly gone crazy, with it working out slightly cheaper to get it from the states, but still coming in around

He was definitely using it for a good eighteen months before John Morrison left, including in matches against Morrison. They did a spot in one match where they both tried to do their kicks at the same time. It was named the Beautiful Disaster when he was doing the Dashing gimmick, but he was using it before that. The first time I can remember him using it was in a match with Morrison actually, which I think was Cody's first match back on TV after Orton kicked him in the head at WrestleMania and put him out for a few weeks. I just can't remember if he ever did it before that.

• Paid Members
He was definitely using it for a good eighteen months before John Morrison left, including in matches against Morrison. They did a spot in one match where they both tried to do their kicks at the same time. It was named the Beautiful Disaster when he was doing the Dashing gimmick, but he was using it before that. The first time I can remember him using it was in a match with Morrison actually, which I think was Cody's first match back on TV after Orton kicked him in the head at WrestleMania and put him out for a few weeks. I just can't remember if he ever did it before that.

Strange - I stopped watching regularly a couple of months after he debuted the Dashing gimmick, but even then I don't remember seeing him using it in any matches. First time I saw him use it was against Show at WM, and the way Cole referred to it so familiarly made it sound like he'd been using it for a while. Seeing as mainstream promotions don't usually like to see guys using similar signatures for the most part, I figured it must have been post-Morrison.

Ah, well. Sod my comment then.

I'll have a go at the States thing (using worked hometowns people are billed from) ...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Alabama - Bobby Eaton

Alaska - The Alaskans

Arizona - Superstar Billy Graham

Arkansas - The Godwinns

California - Sting

Colorado - Vader

Connecticut - Triple H

Delaware

Florida - Randy Savage

Georgia - The Fabulous Freebirds

Hawaii - Don Muraco

Idaho - Torrie Wilson

Illinois - Lex Luger

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky - Hillbilly Jim

Louisiana - The Moondogs

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts - Kevin Sullivan

Michigan - RVD

Minnesota - Mr Perfect

Mississippi - The Mississippi Mauler

Missouri - Randy Orton

Montana

Nebraska - know there was someone billed from Ohma but can't think who!

Nevada - Jim Neidhart

New Hampshire

New Jersey - Bam Bam Bigelow

New Mexico - Bruiser Brody

New York - Tommy Dreamer

North Carolina - Ric Flair

North Dakota

Ohio - The Miz

Oklahoma - Jack Swagger

Oregon - Billy Jack Haynes

Pennsylvania - The Nasty Boys

Rhode Island

South Carolina - Sgt. Slaughter

South Dakota

Tennessee - Jerry Lawler

Texas - Terry Funk

Utah - Don Leo Jonathan

Vermont

Virginia - Magnum T.A. (always sounded class

Edited by TheBigBoot

I'll have a go at the States thing (using worked hometowns people are billed from) ...

Couldn't do it, but not bad.

That's a cracking attempt to be fair.

You'll be kicking yourself with 2 or 3 though - i'm thinking Maine, wisconsin and Wyoming... ;)

Couldn't do it, but not bad.

That's a cracking attempt to be fair.

You'll be kicking yourself with 2 or 3 though - i'm thinking Maine, wisconsin and Wyoming... ;)

Thanks and I'd forgotten that angle with

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The Young Pistols where Michael Hayes exposed the Southern Boys as not being that Southern.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Until I read your post then just thought of Cappetta saying "the Great State of Wyoming".

Anyway, of those three I did know there was someone I'd seen from Wisconsin (same as Nebraska and Kansas) but couldn't think of them. I forgot it was actually the one with the guy who actually introduced himself from there pre-match. :(

Had completely forgotten Maine and Wyoming.

In some ways the Maine, New Mexico, Alaska, Utah, Idaho, and even Massachusetts (despite it being one WWF's biggest markets) type places where there aren't an abundance of wrestlers "hailing from" are/ or at least should be easier to remember.

Anyway, I'll put mine in spoiler tags (didn't think of that before) and let someone else have a go (preferably who hasn't already read mine). Don't think I've ever seen a wrestler billed from Delaware or Vermont.

Edited by TheBigBoot

• Paid Members

The ROH Briscoes are from Delaware. They're the only ones I can think of.

Also, from Florida - you should've put Savage, Rock and Hogan!

Texas - Funk, yes, but also Taker, HBK and Steve Austin.

Apparently Ultimate Warrior, Mick Foley, Dick The Bruiser and Damaja are all from Indiana originally.

Quick bit of research says Paul "The Butcher" Vachon was from Newport, Vermont. I always thought he was from Montreal or somewhere in Quebec. (Also, one of the first results to come up on Google is a John McMahon, who was apparently a competitive, collar-and-elbow pro wrestling champion in the 19th century, back when it was still legit. So there you go, nominative determinism at its finest. Vince will never escape wrestling until he changes his surname.)

Seems Seth Rollins is from Buffalo, Iowa.

Also, Kevin Sullivan's a great choice for Massachusetts, but Cena's from there also.

Edited by Carbomb