UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Mankind was (according to Foley's book) approached about working with Mero prior to him getting hurt in a storyline that would have centered around Mankind thinking Sable was his "mommy" if you recall.

Wasn't the story from Foley's book that Foley thought the angle was naff, and told them that if it was just to get him on Wrestlemania, he'd rather not be on it?

• Paid Members

Pretty much.

I think he would have had an easier time selling me a time-share in Kosovo than convincing me of the career benefits of having a run with Marc Mero.

"I hate it Jimmy.... I really hate it."

Corny had to laugh. "Jesus Christ, Cactus, why don't you say what you mean? What don't you like about it?"

I got real serious, because I'd been thinking a lot about my future, which didn't look real good at the moment. "Corny," I sadly began, "I've taken a lot of risks, and I've taken a lot of bumps, and most of the time I can get through anything. But my back hurts so damn much that I can't take it much longer, and I'm seriously thinking about retiring. And if I'm going to retire, I want to go out on top." Jimmy was temporarily speechless, and when he did speak, it was with uncharacteristic restraint.

"Cactus, I know it's not the best angle in the world, but Vince just wanted to get you involved in something for WrestleMania."

I knew Jimmy was telling the truth, and I felt like he deserved the truth in return.

"Jimmy," I slowly started while thinking of the right way to verbalize what was going through my mind, "I'm not saying this to sound like a big shot, and I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but please tell Vince that if all this is about getting me in WrestleMania, I'd really rather not be on the show." Corny was stunned. "Wow." He exhaled. "I'll tell him, but goddamn, that's got to be a first." For most of the wrestlers, WrestleMania is the biggest moment of their year. For me, a Mankind/Mero matchup with Rena in my corner would not have been the best.

When I got to the next television tapings, I was ribbed by all the office members about my conversation with Corny. To make sure he didn't get secondhand information, I told Mero himself about my feelings. "Marc, just so you know," I explained, "the office proposed a deal with me and you, and I didn't like it, and I told them so." He was actually fine with my decision. Like I've tried to say earlier, I don't dislike Marc Mero, but I can't understate just how much it bothered me that he was bringing in more money than I was.

• Paid Members
Was The Rock always pencilled in to win the Royal Rumble 2000 match? Has anyone spoken to what the original plans were had Steve Austin not required neck surgery up to Wrestlemania?

I was always under the impression they were going to do Rock/Austin again with Austin turning heel on Rock but cause of the injury they held it off for a year.

• Paid Members
Can anyone give me the listings of what the ROH Vs CZW Feud had from start to finish? (Matches, promos, interviews etc)

Not sure which stuff was specifically ROH vs CZW, but there's a list of show lineups here: http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Ring_of...r/Event_history. The feud spans Hell Freezes Over to Death Before Dishonor 4, which are the first 20 shows of 2006.

• Paid Members
Can anyone give me the listings of what the ROH Vs CZW Feud had from start to finish? (Matches, promos, interviews etc)

I don't know how complete this is, but here's what I know of :

14/01/06 ROH Hell Freezes Over

ROH WORLD TITLE : Bryan Danielson (ROH) VS Chris Hero (CZW) - Hero signed one of Dragon's open contracts

27/01/06 ROH Tag Wars 2006

Sterling Keenan vs Ace Steel goes to a no-contest when CZW wrestlers interfere and attack both.

11/03/06 ROH Arena Warfare (at Viking Hall)

BJ Whitmer (ROH) VS Necro Butcher (CZW)

Crazy show closing brawl, Joe/Whitmer vs Zandig/Dragon/Wifebeater/others, staples, spray paint etc

11/03/06 CZW When 2 Worlds Collide

Kevin Steen begs ROH to take him back, Steen/Whitmer brawl with Necro

Ruckus, Eddie Kingston & Necro Butcher (CZW) VS Austin Aries, Roderick Strong & Matt Sydal (ROH)

25/03/03 ROH Best In The World

Jason Blade & Kid Mikaze (ROH) VS Chris Hero & Necro Butcher (CZW)

Adam Pearce fights Hero/Necro afterwards, Hero tries to persuade Claudio to help them.

15/04/06 CZW Any Questions?

Chris Hero vs three ROH students handicap elimination match

Super Dragon & Necro Butcher (CZW) VS BJ Whitmer & Kevin Steen (ROH)

Zandig claims BlackOut challenged ROH wrestlers for the main event but none showed up.

22/04/06 ROH The 100th Show

Jim Cornette/Zandig in ring debate

Samoa Joe, Adam Pearce & BJ Whitmer (ROH) VS Chris Hero, Super Dragon & Necro Butcher (CZW)

28/04/06 ROH Weekend Of Champions Night 1

Cornette asks Cabana to help ROH in the main after Cabana's match with Jimmy Jacobs

Joe calls out CZW after the tag team title match

Adam Pearce, BJ Whitmer, Ace Steel & Colt Cabana (ROH) VS Claudio Castagnoli, Necro Butcher, Nate Webb & Super Dragon (CZW)

29/04/06 ROH Weekend Of Champions Night 2

Pearce made lieutenant commissioner by Cornette, attacked by Nate Webb until Ace makes the save

Samoa Joe (ROH) VS Claudio Castagnoli (CZW)

BJ Whitmer (ROH) VS Super Dragon (CZW)

12/05/06 ROH How We Roll

Adam Pearce & BJ Whitmer (ROH) VS Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli (CZW)

13/05/06 ROH Ring of Homicide

Joe/Necro Butcher no contest

Homicide (ROH) VS Necro Butcher (CZW)

13/05/06 CZW Best of the Best VI

FIRST ROUND

B-Boy (CZW) VS Jigsaw (CZW) VS Austin Aries (ROH)

Claudio Castagnoli (CZW) VS Jay Lethal VS Roderick Strong (ROH)

Sabian (CZW) VS Sonjay Dutt (CZW) VS Matt Sydal (ROH)

Ruckus (CZW) VS Derek Frazier (CZW) VS Chris Daniels (ROH)

- subsequent ROH involvement throughout quarter finals and final 4-way

Daniels/Gen Next attack KOW/BlackOut after Ruckus vs Hero title match

10/06/06 CZW Strictly CZW

Iron Man Title : Kevin Steen (CZW) VS Necro Butcher (CZW) VS The Messiah (CZW) VS DJ Hyde (CZW) VS BJ Whitmer (ROH)

Zandig issues challenge to ROH for Cage of Death

17/06/06 ROH In Your Face

Adam Pearce (ROH) VS Claudio Castagnoli (CZW)

Homicide (ROH) VS Chris Hero (CZW)

23/06/06 ROH Throwdown

Adam Pearce (ROH) VS Necro Butcher (CZW)

Homicide (ROH) VS Claudio Castagnoli (CZW)

24/06/06 ROH Chi-Town Struggle

Adam Pearce, BJ Whitmer & Ace Steel (ROH) VS Necro Butcher, Claudio Castagnoli & Nate Webb (CZW)

15/07/06 ROH Death Before Dishonor IV

CAGE OF DEATH : Bryan Danielson, Samoa Joe, Ace Steel, Adam Pearce & BJ Whitmer (ROH) VS Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, Necro Butcher, Nate Webb & mystery partner (CZW) - widely considered "official" end of the feud.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Danielson walks out fairly early on. The mystery partner turns out to be Eddie Kingston. Homicide comes out to save the day for ROH.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

28/07/06 ROH War Of The Wire II

Barbed Wire Match - Homicide VS Necro Butcher (I always feel this is the ACTUAL end of the feud)

Apologies if I've missed anything.

Edited by air_raid

Was The Rock always pencilled in to win the Royal Rumble 2000 match? Has anyone spoken to what the original plans were had Steve Austin not required neck surgery up to Wrestlemania?

I was always under the impression they were going to do Rock/Austin again with Austin turning heel on Rock but cause of the injury they held it off for a year.

Since late last year ive been doing a wrestling marathon where I watch all the Raws, Smackdowns & PPVs in order. Now I started watching from Jan 1998 and tried to watch one or two shows on a Monday, Wednesday & Sunday evening and now im coming to a close on 1999. All of 1998 I absolutely loved same for most of 1999, however after Summerslam 1999 I became slightly less interested with the product and most of November & December has at times been pretty lousy. I never realised this at the time but have done now. Today I watch the christmas edition of Raw and to be honest I was really bored of it and it felt like a chore to watch it.

Would you suggest I carry on watching into 2000 or watch another year? I know we had some great moments like the hardcore 24/7 rule and Rock leading on to his road to Wrestlemania, Steve Austin returning and Tazz among others or should I move onto 1997? Im in two minds whether to jump back to 1997 and relive the Austin/Bret feud right from the start but then I would probably have to watch from October 1996 time but being in the middle of HBK's Title run maybe I should just start from 1996.

What would you suggest?

The original plan (as of WrestleMania XV) was to do Austin vs Big Show as the main event of WrestleMania 2000. Anyone know when that was taken off the table? I'm assuming it was well before Austin's injury.

Edit:

Another question... Where did that "Owen Hart was originally going to get Triple H's The Game gimmick and world title run if he never died" rumour originate?

Edited by King Pitcos

• Moderators

The same world where Eddie Guerrero was going to win the title of Batista the day or something after he died.

In other words, general internet bollocks. You can normally attribute it to Scott Keith. (See Also: Steve Austin was meant to win the title at Final Four in 1997 but hurt his knee so they called an audible in ring, and many more things like that)

I don't know how complete this is, but here's what I know of :

14/01/06 ROH Hell Freezes Over

ROH WORLD TITLE : Bryan Danielson (ROH) VS Chris Hero (CZW) - Hero signed one of Dragon's open contracts

27/01/06 ROH Tag Wars 2006

Sterling Keenan vs Ace Steel goes to a no-contest when CZW wrestlers interfere and attack both.

11/03/06 ROH Arena Warfare (at Viking Hall)

BJ Whitmer (ROH) VS Necro Butcher (CZW)

Crazy show closing brawl, Joe/Whitmer vs Zandig/Dragon/Wifebeater/others, staples, spray paint etc

11/03/06 CZW When 2 Worlds Collide

Kevin Steen begs ROH to take him back, Steen/Whitmer brawl with Necro

Ruckus, Eddie Kingston & Necro Butcher (CZW) VS Austin Aries, Roderick Strong & Matt Sydal (ROH)

25/03/03 ROH Best In The World

Jason Blade & Kid Mikaze (ROH) VS Chris Hero & Necro Butcher (CZW)

Adam Pearce fights Hero/Necro afterwards, Hero tries to persuade Claudio to help them.

15/04/06 CZW Any Questions?

Chris Hero vs three ROH students handicap elimination match

Super Dragon & Necro Butcher (CZW) VS BJ Whitmer & Kevin Steen (ROH)

Zandig claims BlackOut challenged ROH wrestlers for the main event but none showed up.

22/04/06 ROH The 100th Show

Jim Cornette/Zandig in ring debate

Samoa Joe, Adam Pearce & BJ Whitmer (ROH) VS Chris Hero, Super Dragon & Necro Butcher (CZW)

28/04/06 ROH Weekend Of Champions Night 1

Cornette asks Cabana to help ROH in the main after Cabana's match with Jimmy Jacobs

Joe calls out CZW after the tag team title match

Adam Pearce, BJ Whitmer, Ace Steel & Colt Cabana (ROH) VS Claudio Castagnoli, Necro Butcher, Nate Webb & Super Dragon (CZW)

29/04/06 ROH Weekend Of Champions Night 2

Pearce made lieutenant commissioner by Cornette, attacked by Nate Webb until Ace makes the save

Samoa Joe (ROH) VS Claudio Castagnoli (CZW)

BJ Whitmer (ROH) VS Super Dragon (CZW)

12/05/06 ROH How We Roll

Adam Pearce & BJ Whitmer (ROH) VS Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli (CZW)

13/05/06 ROH Ring of Homicide

Joe/Necro Butcher no contest

Homicide (ROH) VS Necro Butcher (CZW)

13/05/06 CZW Best of the Best VI

FIRST ROUND

B-Boy (CZW) VS Jigsaw (CZW) VS Austin Aries (ROH)

Claudio Castagnoli (CZW) VS Jay Lethal VS Roderick Strong (ROH)

Sabian (CZW) VS Sonjay Dutt (CZW) VS Matt Sydal (ROH)

Ruckus (CZW) VS Derek Frazier (CZW) VS Chris Daniels (ROH)

- subsequent ROH involvement throughout quarter finals and final 4-way

Daniels/Gen Next attack KOW/BlackOut after Ruckus vs Hero title match

10/06/06 CZW Strictly CZW

Iron Man Title : Kevin Steen (CZW) VS Necro Butcher (CZW) VS The Messiah (CZW) VS DJ Hyde (CZW) VS BJ Whitmer (ROH)

Zandig issues challenge to ROH for Cage of Death

17/06/06 ROH In Your Face

Adam Pearce (ROH) VS Claudio Castagnoli (CZW)

Homicide (ROH) VS Chris Hero (CZW)

23/06/06 ROH Throwdown

Adam Pearce (ROH) VS Necro Butcher (CZW)

Homicide (ROH) VS Claudio Castagnoli (CZW)

24/06/06 ROH Chi-Town Struggle

Adam Pearce, BJ Whitmer & Ace Steel (ROH) VS Necro Butcher, Claudio Castagnoli & Nate Webb (CZW)

15/07/06 ROH Death Before Dishonor IV

CAGE OF DEATH : Bryan Danielson, Samoa Joe, Ace Steel, Adam Pearce & BJ Whitmer (ROH) VS Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, Necro Butcher, Nate Webb & mystery partner (CZW) - widely considered "official" end of the feud.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Danielson walks out fairly early on. The mystery partner turns out to be Eddie Kingston. Homicide comes out to save the day for ROH.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

28/07/06 ROH War Of The Wire II

Barbed Wire Match - Homicide VS Necro Butcher (I always feel this is the ACTUAL end of the feud)

Apologies if I've missed anything.

Thanks for all that man. I've seen bits of it and want to see the feud from the beginning to the end. The matches they had sound brilliant. Wish we still had the two company's thriving like they did back then, today.