UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

thank you was just watching some 94 wwf and it just made me wonder. as for billy i never liked the gunns tag team and he seemed a good example of someone who grew stale yet hadn't at that time proved he could be a star. thanks again for the info

• Paid Members
thank you was just watching some 94 wwf and it just made me wonder.

Sure, Tatanka in '94 had some heat, but that had a fairly limited shelf life, as did the Corporation as top heel unit in general, even if they did give Taker a bit of grief. Nobody ever stayed THE star of Team Ted, it was always about the next acquisition to keep things fresh, and I think Tatanka suffered from that. I'm assuming the Lex/Tatanka run was something they decided on when Luger's planned title reign got shelved. Lex makes it sound like he was forever being told he would get his time when it was right, I can almost imagine Vince promising a program with Diesel once he and Tatanka had been blown off. If so much attention wasn't focused on Bam Bam/LT in the early months of '95 and the ongoing Luger/Tatanka dispute given a bit of television attention, they could have had their grudge match on 'Mania rather than Sunday Night Slam. Allied Powers was the writing on the wall for Lex, he was never getting his turn.

Sorry, I hijacked your Tatanka post and turned it into a Luger post. I need to stop doing that. I fucking love Lex.

• Paid Members

Just a quick one (oo-er). When did the "Fake Diesel" debut in the WWF? I remember that chaotic Raw ending with Fake Razor brawling with Savio Vega, but no sight or mention of "Fake Diesel". Cheers.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Watching The Rise and Fall of WCW, both Sting and Ricky The Dragon Steamboat, do a variation of a Head Scissors takedown that basically involve running up the opponent, sitting on their shoulders and then using their body to pull them over. Is there anyone who still does that today or a reason why it's fallen out of favour?

• Paid Members
Just a quick one (oo-er). When did the "Fake Diesel" debut in the WWF? I remember that chaotic Raw ending with Fake Razor brawling with Savio Vega, but no sight or mention of "Fake Diesel". Cheers.

If I remember correctly, Thursday Raw Thursday...

You don't. Thursday Raw Thursday wasn't til February '97. You're probably getting confused with Raw Championship Friday which aired early September. The first Raw appearance of DieselKane DDS was the 30/09/96 Raw when he interfered at the end of the Savio/"Razor" match, although really his first appearance was a glimpse of both of them beating up Vega at Mind Games.