UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

It probably was the bolts, most companies have their etcher weld the bolts on to the plates and some companies can't do it for shit, unfortunately for yours it looks like that was the case and Andrew/Wildcats tried to repair it, lazily may I add. Sometimes if backing is applied badly the glue can over-run and get behind the plates but I have a gut feeling it was the first instance.

Yeah, as it was a gift for the Academy, I didn't find out for quite some time, and got in touch about having him help me repair it, but due to the amount of time passed he wouldn't have it. Fair enough, but it'd would of been nice. It has been since repair by a local welder who did a bang up job as well. It was a shame as looks wise it was fantastic, shame about the overall quality really.

I'm not sure about his other work, but i had seen the IPW:UK belt some some issues back when it was first made also. A picture from either FSM or Powerslam showed the backing falling off, so I've steered clear of him since.

All Star Belts' stuff looks good, but again carries a big price tag. I believe Championship Gold from Australia are back in business, and IIRC do some decent looking stuff for a half decent price as well.

That's a pretty sad story about the belt, I can understand Andrew not fixing up a belt after a certain time period (Say 6 months plus.) but he shouldn't have sent it out unless it was assembled correctly.

The RWA belt and IPW:UK belts were some of the first he did and used lesser quality materials for those (I think the base plate is brass.) but that should/would have been reflective on the price. It's a trial and error business which takes time to perfect although any belt maker worth their salt wouldn't expect anyone else to pay for that. Andrew's/Wildcats prices these days are considerably more and in my opinion are too high for his product worth.

There are plenty of belt makers who put out a quality product but unfortunately due to rising costs of materials, prices will seem a little steep, especially for promotions on a limited budgets. There are plenty of fly-by-night belt makers popping out of the woodwork too who offer low prices but put out a terrible product, usually they are using very cheap plates which are bought/ordered from Pakistan and sold off for much more than they are worth. Some Pakistan companies are making strides and their plates are getting better but with that, so are their costs. Eventually the cheap market will over saturate and bust because of the material pricing.

To those who are looking to invest in a belt for their promotion or collection, take some time to research companies and their products to make sure you don't get ripped off and get the best product available for your price range.

Edited by Rule One

• Paid Members
To those who are looking to invest in a belt for their promotion or collection, take some time to research companies and their products to make sure you don't get ripped off and get the best product available for your price range.

Seconded :thumbsup:

At the time when ordering the RWA title, I did have a little look around, but jumped straight into Wildcats because of the "look" and cost, (whilst a high cost, I presumed this would mean quality). Sadly It didn't work to well for me.

The second time round I stuck with price/affordable quality and was happy with what I ordered. From what I've seen there are a few decent guys about these days, but if you can afford it, you may as well go full tilt with Dave Millican/Reggie Parks.

Seconded :thumbsup:

At the time when ordering the RWA title, I did have a little look around, but jumped straight into Wildcats because of the "look" and cost, (whilst a high cost, I presumed this would mean quality). Sadly It didn't work to well for me.

The second time round I stuck with price/affordable quality and was happy with what I ordered. From what I've seen there are a few decent guys about these days, but if you can afford it, you may as well go full tilt with Dave Millican/Reggie Parks.

I would normally put my all behind this but at the moment Dave Millican has a wait time of around two to three years on orders (Depending on what you order.) and the WWE pretty much has him back as their main belt maker now. (He has all the belts except for the Divas, United States and the WWE (Spinner) titles.)

Reggie's wait time is a tad shorter than that but is also growing. He also isn't getting any younger either so his production is going to be slowing down sooner rather than later.

If you want a classic design from these makers, ebay or a reputable seller like Dan Van Alst aka Beltfandan from Belt Talk and Belt Talk Facebook is probably the best way to go.

For custom designs or any other belts then I'd look elsewhere.

For Europe, I'd say Belt Performance is always the way to go. Christian L

• Paid Members

Who is the ring announcer for this match:-

I know he did a lot of announcing at that time but having watched a lot of stuff from around his time recently, I've realised how much I hate him although he didn't bother me at the time.

Has Okerlund left Vintage Collection? Last week's episode really hinted at him handing the reins over to that woman who's been getting a bit of time on the recap shows, so I wondered if anyone had heard for definite that he was gond and, if so, why?

• Paid Members

Bill Dunn was really terrible. It was especially noticeable at WrestleMania X. He nearly orgasms when he has to introduce Burt Reynolds.

Speaking of announcers, I used to think Mike McGuirk was shit when I was a kid but she's not so bad now.

I liked Mike because she was an excellent additional prop for Ravishing Rick or Shawn Michaels whenever she introduced them. Although in the case of Rude, I think he was in. My only quibble with her was her long-term insistence of introducing Bret as "Bret the Hitman Hart" when Fink and everyone else knew it was just "Hitman". She corrected it by the time Bret was walking around with the big belt.

• Paid Members

Has Okerlund left Vintage Collection? Last week's episode really hinted at him handing the reins over to that woman who's been getting a bit of time on the recap shows, so I wondered if anyone had heard for definite that he was gond and, if so, why?

The only time Mean Gene steps down for some ho is if he is giving her oral. Must be some better explanation.

The only time Mean Gene steps down for some ho is if he is giving her oral. Must be some better explanation.

He must be getting pretty old now, maybe he's finally retiring?