UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

A really stupid question, but something that's intrigued me:-

Where a wrestler is out of action for a time, whether through injury or nothing from creative, how do they get back into ring shape for their return. Is it a case of training in a ring, or having behind closed door matches, or just going out there and getting on with it?

I'd presume a lot of it would be to do with your talent/experience level. For example, remember reading Shawn Michaels book and he mentioned that whilst he started having closed door drills with HHH, he eventually decided to wing it and just going out there and getting at SUmmerslam 02.

On the other hand, think Lance Storm had a few sessions training/ closed door matches with Jericho and perhaps some of his students.

Cheers for that, are there any others who have discussed it?

The Rock was having training matches with the likes of Michael McGillicutty and Curt Hawkins before his match with Cena. But I read an interview somewhere saying Rock has a wrestling ring and had always continued to train in it through the years as well.

Coming back from injuries, I think WWE used to often put midcarders and below in the developmental federation for a bit to get back into ring shape.

• Paid Members
Any examples of music for a 'winner' hitting when there's only been a 2 count? (so a fucked up finish basically..)

This happened in a 1PW match between AJ Styles and Jeff Jarrett. Funny thing was, it was Styles music that hit despite it being Jarrett that was getting the 2.

Random question prompted by the new WWE 13 DLC, and the replicas you can by, but...

Was this belt ever actually used in WCW?

121413502-260x260-0-0_wwe%20wwe%20wcw%20hardcore%20championship%20adult%20size%20repli.jpg

I can only remeber and find pictures of this one:

30k6hd3.jpg

No only the bottom belt was used.

The top belt is a Figures Inc release of a contest winners design and never used at all. If I remember rightly, that actual replica came out after WCW was bought out. The bottom belt which was used in WCW was made by Joe Marshall.

I should really get the belt thread up and running again but I've lost some of the passion I have for them.

• Paid Members

Thanks Rule One, I bloody knew it!

I watched WCW to the bitter end and never ever saw this title until the replicas started coming out, and this explains why. Do we know if there was a reason behind the J-Mar belt wasn't released instead of that random contest belt?

Sorry I've got this one fucked up, that's a different WCW belt. LOL

The figs is an earlier design of the belt which was given into Figs Inc to begin production of the belt. This usually happens once a belt is made/green lit but has not been debuted on television.

In the mean time J-Mar held a design a belt contest and used the winners design. The winner received nothing for his efforts.

Meng last had the belt when he left the company. It is said that he gave it back to WCW but it could be anywhere to be honest.

Sorry I fucked up, I'm really ill at the moment and can't think straight.

• Paid Members

Curses ha.

Still cant recall seeing it. Trying to hunt it down on the internet, it was mentioned the "new" belt may of been made by the guys who did the WWECW title. Not sure if that's accurate though.

Meng left just before the buy out, so I can only presume it never really made it's way to TV? Still a bit lost as to why we never got a replica of the other belt though.

Curses ha.

Still cant recall seeing it. Trying to hunt it down on the internet, it was mentioned the "new" belt may of been made by the guys who did the WWECW title. Not sure if that's accurate though.

Meng left just before the buy out, so I can only presume it never really made it's way to TV? Still a bit lost as to why we never got a replica of the other belt though.

AFX Studios did make the initial copy of it which was then sent to WCW. The belt was never used on television at all. See image 17 on this page: AFX Studios

Meng had the one used on WCW programming, sorry I should have made that clearer.

My only guess is that given the sale of WCW a short time later and the mass communication errors within WCW messed up any chance of it ever getting released. If you have the money, you could get one made but it would be in the thousands at the very least.