UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
It's because of the amount of adverts they have in America, and has been like it since I've been watching. It used to be an Update segment though with Chris Leary or who ever was working at the time, where they'd show highlights of a match from that week's Raw or an old PPV match to promote that year's edition.

And the reason it's only on Smackdown and not Raw is that Raw runs longer in the US, so can still fit into a two-hour slot with UK ads, whereas Smackdown is exactly two hours in the US, meaning you couldn't make it two hours in the UK without an illegal amount of advertising.

To be precise, Sky *could* legally pad it out to two hours with ads, but they'd then limit the advertising they could legally run in other (more attractive to advertisers) shows during the day.

Hi there! See the Silver Vision address that used to be on the old WWF VHS releases. Was it a shop? Was it a warehouse? Was it some S&M dungeon? Thanks a lot.

I can't answer that question, but on a related matter the first time I visited New York in 1999 I visited the address also shown on some old WWF videos for Coliseum Home Video. It was a tiny garage-like warehouse. No signs, windows, or anything.

Wished I hadn't bothered. :bored:

Who sang the song at Macho Man and Elizabeth's wedding?

Opening lyrics are something like "When you came into my life then I realised you were the only one.."

No-one seems to know who sang it though :(

Ta

Edited by Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete

The original UK release, which I'm 99% sure was mail order only, Silvervision exclusive, was in a normal size box.

Nah, I got it from SV and it was in the American oversized box. I wrote to them a while later, when their catalogue had increased slightly, as it was doing my OCD head in, and they sent me a freebie normal sized box and cover.

Who sang the song at Macho Man and Elizabeth's wedding?

Opening lyrics are something like "When you came into my life then I realised you were the only one.."

No-one seems to know who sang it though :(

Ta

I reckon it was an internal effort (probably Jim Johnston) as it was included on the WWE Anthology CD and then re-used for another WWE wedding a bit more recently. I can't remember if it HHH/Steph, Kane/Lita, or Lita/Edge.

• Paid Members
Nah, I got it from SV and it was in the American oversized box. I wrote to them a while later, when their catalogue had increased slightly, as it was doing my OCD head in, and they sent me a freebie normal sized box and cover.

Must have been a limited edition thing as I'm sure I got it via mail order and my copy's an ordinary box.

I reckon it was an internal effort (probably Jim Johnston) as it was included on the WWE Anthology CD and then re-used for another WWE wedding a bit more recently. I can't remember if it HHH/Steph, Kane/Lita, or Lita/Edge.

From what I've read, I think it was Test/Steph's wedding.

Like you say, probably a WWF/E creation.

Were The Wrestling Classic and This Tuesday In Texas ever released on DVD? I'm hoping Silver Vision will do a Tagged Classic release on them soon as they're the only WWE PPV's(aside from Over The Edge 99,obviously)yet to get a DVD release....Thanks

The events were never released on official video or dvd.

But all of the matches from Tuesday In Texas were included on the WWF Supertape '92 which I don't believe has been released as part of a tagged classic yet.

51E1N9P852L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The events were never released on official video or dvd.

But all of the matches from Tuesday In Texas were included on the WWF Supertape '92 which I don't believe has been released as part of a tagged classic yet.

51E1N9P852L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks for that mate.I guess I'll just have to wait until Supertape 92 makes it to DVD.Can't imagine The Wrestling Classic or This Tuesday In Texas are full of five star classics but it'd be nice to have it just for the sake of it.Thanks again for that.