UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Rancid have you not checked Gary Steele's wiki page theres bound to be one.

Yes sir, his entire wiki page doesn't say a good deal about his retirement.

Gary Steele is a retired British professional wrestler, who has competed in European and North American promotions and has been a popular longtime mainstay of NWA UK Hammerlock since the mid-1990s. A former Southern UK Champion, Steele was involved in a series of strap matches with rival Guy Thunder during the late 1990s and has occasionally teamed with Jake "the Snake" Roberts. A trained submission wrestler and martial artist, Steele also appeared at the Pro Wrestling ZERO-ONE PPV supercards "Fighting Athlete" in March 2001 and True Century Creation II in March 2002.

While competing in the United States with the National Wrestling Alliance, Steele defeated Naoya Ogawa in a three way match with Brian Anthony in Charlotte, North Carolina on September 25, 1999 to become one of the youngest wrestlers to win the NWA World Heavyweight Championship although he lost the title back to Ogawa one week later in Thomaston, Connecticut on October 2.

He was managed by "Business Advisor to the Stars" Mike White (now working as a Sports Journalist for BBC Radio Humberside) at one stage.

Returning to Great Britain, he became the first NWA United Kingdom Heavyweight Champion after defeating Johnny Moss in a tournament final at Telford Shropshire, England on November 2, 2001.

Almost two years after Ogawa had vacated the title, Steele lost to then NWA World Champion Shinya Hashimoto in a round robin triangle match with Steve Corino at McKeesport, Pennsylvania on December 15, 2001.[1]

Edited by RancidPunx

How long does the current WWE-Sky deal have to run?

Up until the last day of 2014. A new five year deal was signed and announced in December 2009.

I wonder if we'll get WWE's own network at this point.

Watching Heroes of World Class and The Triumph and Tragedy of World Class, I couldn't help but notice Jake Roberts in the background of some scenes, most notably in interviews with Chris Adams and/or Gino Hernandez but a quick look on wiki shows up nothing, I'm pretty sure it was definately him, to what extent was his stint in WCCW?

After just watching Beyond The Mat, they showed some clips of Droz vs New Jack in ECW. When did this happen? Did Droz have any other matches in ECW?

He accompanied Brakkus to the ring in his match with Taz at Cyberslam 98.

• Paid Members
Can some cunt give me a date for the first Raw on TNN please?, the one with the Hardys vs Edge and Christian ladder match?.

This cunt can. 25th September 2000.

I always mean to ask this but forget, on one of the early Smackdowns of 2000 was a cage match between the Outlaws and Hardys. Now, has my mind played a decade long trick on me or did Road Dogg perform a moonsault in said match by running up the three turnbuckles and jumping straight off? I ask cos I was amazed to be honest and haven't seen him do the same since or previous. Any footage?