UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Back at WCW Starrcade 1992, Ron Simmons was supposed to defend the WCW title against Rick Rude. Unfortunately, Rude got injured and he was replaced by Steve Williams. Simmons held onto the title here but went on to lose it to Vader a week or so later at a house show. The question is this: Was the plan always to have Vader win the belt back, or, if Rude had been healthy, would he have defeated Simmons for the title at Starrcade?

Back at WCW Starrcade 1992, Ron Simmons was supposed to defend the WCW title against Rick Rude. Unfortunately, Rude got injured and he was replaced by Steve Williams. Simmons held onto the title here but went on to lose it to Vader a week or so later at a house show. The question is this: Was the plan always to have Vader win the belt back, or, if Rude had been healthy, would he have defeated Simmons for the title at Starrcade?

Earlier on today, I watched the second Raw of 1998, and whilst telling people to phone up the WWF Hotline, Jim Ross mentioned rumours about Hulk Hogan returning to the WWF at the Royal Rumble. Now obviously that never happened, but does anyone know any morew information on that situation?

Edited by Dillkid

• Paid Members
Earlier on today, I watched the second Raw of 1998, and whilst telling people to phone up the WWF Hotline, Jim Ross mentioned rumours about Hulk Hogan returning to the WWF at the Royal Rumble. Now obviously that never happened, but does anyone know any morew information on that situation?

Sounds like bullshit to make a few extra pence on the hotline. Hogan negotiated with the WWF in August 97 but signed a extention with WCW. WWF had just gotten rid of Bret Hart because they couldnt afford him and risked a shitload on bringing in Mike Tyson. There isnt a chance they'd have been about to match the ridiculous money Hogan was on. Even now they wouldnt pay that kind of downside for a wrestler.

I started watching wrestling after a break in mid 1997 and one of the first things I remember about it is a promo from Bret Hart in a wheelchair talking to Shawn Michaels in the middle of the ring, that ended with a superkick to Bret, and extra footage on Live Wire soon after. Does anyone remember the date of this particular moment?

• Paid Members
I started watching wrestling after a break in mid 1997 and one of the first things I remember about it is a promo from Bret Hart in a wheelchair talking to Shawn Michaels in the middle of the ring, that ended with a superkick to Bret, and extra footage on Live Wire soon after. Does anyone remember the date of this particular moment?

Yeah, the scheduling of the show was fucked up, and Bret and Shawn went out right at the end of the show. It was all planned out to be Bret bad mouthing Michaels and then HBK kicking him in the face (like what happened months before when Bret attacked Shawn after Michaels got in his face during his heel speech). Dont know the date, but it was a few weeks before KOTR 97, because Bret challenged him to a 10 minute Iron Man match to get his revenge.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

That was the segment that caused their King of the Ring match to be cancelled, wasn't it? Bret's speech went on too long or started too late so Raw finished before the kick, and Michaels accused him of sabotaging the segment. They had their dressing room catfight the next week, if I remember right.

• Paid Members
That was the segment that caused their King of the Ring match to be cancelled, wasn't it? Bret's speech went on too long or started too late so Raw finished before the kick, and Michaels accused him of sabotaging the segment. They had their dressing room catfight the next week, if I remember right.

The match was all agreed upon when Bret was out of the wheelchair, so it had to be after. Could be wrong, though. I thought the reason the KOTR match happened was because Bret's knee still wasnt ready, and thats why they switched it to Michaels and Austin.

The match was all agreed upon when Bret was out of the wheelchair, so it had to be after. Could be wrong, though. I thought the reason the KOTR match happened was because Bret's knee still wasnt ready, and thats why they switched it to Michaels and Austin.

You're mostly right. Just had a look at Bret's book. It was officially called off because of Bret's knee, but it stemmed from that segment. Shawn was upset that they went over the time before he got his kick in, so the next week was when he did the "Sunny days" comment and then Bret went with the "I'm too injured" thing because he didn't want to do the match.

At the end of the show, with the idea that I

How did Teddy Long go from referee to GM?

He fucked up a bunch of finishes/matches as a ref so they had to get him away from that, but everyone liked him so they put him back in a manager role. That had him messing about with the likes of Rodney Mack and Mark Jindrak, and he showed a good bit of charisma with his thuggin' and buggin', then they made him Smackdown GM and it got old fast.