UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

What are money-marks and money-mark promotions?

Money marks are people who invest a lot of finance in wrestling without actually knowing - or caring - about whether there's a sound business model in place so they see a return in their cash. Panda Energy is/was one of them.

A bit of a long winded question here, but I was wondering if anybody could give me recommendations for a few Indy companies?

What I've seen from ROH, PWG and FIP has been brief, and has mostly contained CM Punk, but I'm hoping somebody could just tell me a couple of dvd's to get from each company?

I only want a few from each, to test the waters, so I'd be greatful if somebody could list some of their personal favourites. I'd also like to know the name of a good and recent ROH dvd, and I was wondering if anybody knew where to track down official Japanese DVD's, such as Dragon Gate Japan and Noah.

Thanks.

A bit of a long winded question here, but I was wondering if anybody could give me recommendations for a few Indy companies?

What I've seen from ROH, PWG and FIP has been brief, and has mostly contained CM Punk, but I'm hoping somebody could just tell me a couple of dvd's to get from each company?

I only want a few from each, to test the waters, so I'd be greatful if somebody could list some of their personal favourites. I'd also like to know the name of a good and recent ROH dvd, and I was wondering if anybody knew where to track down official Japanese DVD's, such as Dragon Gate Japan and Noah.

Thanks.

They do a retail PWG DVD in HMV for about

Thanks.

Get on PWG "Kurt Russel Mania", I thought that was a class card.

ROH is a lot more hit and miss these days than it was in the heyday of a few years ago. A recent one with Davey Richards and Eddy Edwards vs The Briscoe brothers in the main event was okay in places. Look out for "The Final Countdown Tour" headlined by Chris Hero vs Byran Danielson. That's just about a 5 star battle in my humble view.

Thanks.

For ROH, I would recommend just working your way back through the lengthy ROH thread in the main forum. Dearly Devoted Dexter and gadge do lengthy write ups and reviews of both the DVDs and HDNet shows, and you should find plenty of recommendations, or stuff that takes your fancy from there. I no longer watch the promotion, but I still enjoy reading their musings to try and keep up with what is going on in the fed.

• Paid Members

I thought Turning Point 2004 was a good "start to finish" ppv, quite a few of the spring-summer 2005 ppvs were very good and personally Unbreakable is one of my favourite shows for the quality of Sabin v Williams, Aries v Strong and Joe v Daniels v Styles.

Are the TNA 2004/2005 PPVs any good? Are they worth a tenner?

Of course they're worth a tenner. Decent period in TNA history, even if Jarrett was main-eventing far too often.

I heard that the first Victory Road was pretty good

New question

Are TNA really pulling Doug Williams indy bookings and making him strictly exclusive to themselves

Edited by Emperorseb

Are the TNA 2004/2005 PPVs any good? Are they worth a tenner?

Of course they're worth a tenner. Decent period in TNA history, even if Jarrett was main-eventing far too often.

I heard that the first Victory Road was pretty good

New question

Are TNA really pulling Doug Williams indy bookings and making him strictly exclusive to themselves

Im pretty sure Doug can only be booked through TNA in a few months, Im sure he will still be available but probably at a silly price

Kinda have one eye on NXT at the moment and at the start of the show there was a black haired ring announcer and now there's a blonde one. What gives? Was that Savannah's last appearance? It didn't look like her. Again, wasn't really paying attention.

• Paid Members

Did Vince buy ECW?

Sorry for the n00b-ish question. As far as I was aware ECW went bankrupt but Vince started slowly but surely using ECW names during the Invasion and obviously the WWE re-brand.

Just recently, on the likes of You Tube etc, I'm seeing more and more comments about WWE buying ECW.

So what happened?