UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Was recently going through old DVD's and ended up watching the pilot episode for the A-Team tv series. B.A takes a beating in a bar fight from a dude that looks just like a young Khali!?

does anyone know if this was him?

Don't think it's him if this is the fight scene

This question reminds me of everyone I knew as kid thinking the opponent of JCVD at the end of A.W.O.L was Andre The Giant. Obviously it wasn't, but kids are dumb.

Was recently going through old DVD's and ended up watching the pilot episode for the A-Team tv series. B.A takes a beating in a bar fight from a dude that looks just like a young Khali!?

does anyone know if this was him?

Don't think it's him if this is the fight scene

This question reminds me of everyone I knew as kid thinking the opponent of JCVD at the end of A.W.O.L was Andre The Giant. Obviously it wasn't, but kids are dumb.

I'm still working on shaking the dumb thing off. no joy yet :)

• Paid Members

Hogan-Andre would be my first guess. According to thehistoryofwwe.com it's been on:

WrestleMania: The Greatest Matches

WWF Strong Men

Hulk Still Rules

Hulkamania 3

Hulkamania 4

WWF Champion Hulk Hogan's Greatest Matches

Best of Hulkamania

The Best of the WWF: Hulkamania

The History of the WWE Heavyweight Championship

Hulk Hogan: The Ultimate Anthology

The True Story of WrestleMania

History of WWE

Plus you can chuck in WMIII itself and (if you want to count it) the Championship Edition version as well.

• Paid Members

I think I might have lost he use of my legs with sheer delight during every big moment on Raw in the late 90s. The beer bath and the night Austin turned up in the ice resurfacer and clotheslined Vince off it was amazing. Pre-spoiler days, just sitting down and watching it was the best feeling in the world. Those are like wrestlings version Trigger falling through the bar. Moments like that are always going to be replayed over and over again because of their significance.

I think the big part of why wrestling isnt popular is how wrestling has established in a formula. You pretty much know what you are getting these days. If Austin came around with that character when you had Doink running around and Duke Droese messing about, Raw wouldn't have caught on. He'd have been over and a big star, but the business wasnt set up for a boom period the why Raw was presented in 95. Raw had to change the way they formatted the show, changed the way they booked things, changed the colour scheme and logo and started presenting something totally different. There seemed to be a drastic change in Raw from being quite dull to suddenly things happened all the time. Everything clicked around the same time. It was an amazing period to be a fan. I think now would be a good time to change the way WWE puts Raw together. They've still got the big screen, the big ramp, the promo to start the show. Not much has changed in years. I think they could spice things up a bit more.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I think I might have lost he use of my legs with sheer delight during every big moment on Raw in the late 90s. The beer bath and the night Austin turned up in the ice resurfacer and clotheslined Vince off it was amazing. Pre-spoiler days, just sitting down and watching it was the best feeling in the world. Those are like wrestlings version Trigger falling through the bar. Moments like that are always going to be replayed over and over again because of their significance.

I too loved the late 90's Raw's. Friday night on Sky Sports.

Also, it was Delboy that fell through the bar. X.

WWE should release a DVD called "The Best of Stuff Everyone Has Seen Loads". You could have Hogan vs Andre, DX Invading WCW, Austin spraying beer at Vince and Rock, the Montreal Screwjob.

What you describe sounds like the 50th anniversary documentary they put out. Dunno what the extras are like, I rented it on iTunes. A good watch on the train to Bournemouth last week :thumbsup: