UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

They had a couple of exchanges in the Royal Rumble of that year. They had a pretty memorable one near the end. If it wasn't for the nWo signings, Perfect might have been pushed hard in 2002. He finished third in the Rumble and was booked super hot.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Kurt even absorbed the Perfect-Plex. My brain exploded at the surreality of that moment.

Come to think of it, I nearly fell out of my chair when he did it to Big Show on Raw later that year.

They had a couple of exchanges in the Royal Rumble of that year. They had a pretty memorable one near the end. If it wasn't for the nWo signings, Perfect might have been pushed hard in 2002. He finished third in the Rumble and was booked super hot.

I was gutted he slipped so quickly down the card, but in retrospect if he was pushing charlie up his nose at record speeds, and getting into fights on airplanes, you can argue he screwed himself.

He was a sad sight in TNA about a year later.

• Paid Members

There's all manner of oddities like that floating around. You can find Cena squashing Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan from a 2003 Metal, all sorts. Hey, that might make a good idea for a th....

... never mind.

There's all manner of oddities like that floating around. You can find Cena squashing Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan from a 2003 Metal, all sorts. Hey, that might make a good idea for a th....

... never mind.

That strangest ones are AJ Styles Vs The Hurricane, and Samoa Joe against someone. Joe looked bloody shocking in 2001. He didn't have a wrestling attire and his hair was a gingerish blonde if I remember rightly. But just mental seeing them in a WWF ring.

Did WWE ever make a serious offer for Joe? I'm thinking that around 2006 he might have seemed a good prospect. And he's mates with Cena, or something.

Didn't Foley push hard for him and Punk after his stint in ROH and they considering using Joe for the Umaga gimmick?

I don't think he was ever considered for the Umaga role but in the Punk/Joe shoot interview they talk about the idea Foley put forward to Vince for bringing them in. Iirc it didn't go any further than that though.

• Paid Members

They were interested in giving him a developmental deal and getting all that fat off him. But he was earning a decent living. People might not believe it looking at him now, but Joe was a big name on the indies. Like a really big name, touted as going to do God knows what in the future. And "big name on the indies" in 2005 meant a decent living through international tours. The indy starz of the mid-2000s aren't like the ones now. There was a thriving indy scene and you had European promoters coughing up big money to bring over TNA and ROH names because they didn't tour over here at the time. And you'd make a killing on the gimmick table. ROH and TNA wrestlers in 2005 were what I imagined the likes of Earthquake and The Mountie were post WWF in the 90s. Joe probably thought "fuck that, I've got TNA and the indies". It was more of a case of Joe not needing to live in Louisville on shite money and WWE not thinking he was worth making a fuss over.

Samoa Joe gets a mention on the new Foley DVD as well, funnily enough.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

When did the indies become shit? I remember a great thread here on old indies, and 13 years ago everyone knew Reckless Youth, American Dragon, Spanky, Mike Rapada, Samoa Joe, Streve Bradley and all that