UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
When abouts did fake Diesel and Razor get taken off TV? And were they jobbed out first or just removed?

They got jobbed out/phased down in the space of about a month, they lost the first RAW of 1997 against Furnas/LaFon and I believe the Rumble was the last appearance for both. Checking it out, they made no appearances (not even on the road) after the 1997 Royal Rumble.

Edited by Chilli_Mondeo

I seem to recall one of both of them working somewhere else under the gimmicks for a bit too, possible a short run in Puerto Rico or Mexico. There is at 20% chance I'm talking shit though. Might even have been a few shows for the USWA or something like that (if that was still going then).

I seem to recall one of both of them working somewhere else under the gimmicks for a bit too, possible a short run in Puerto Rico or Mexico. There is at 20% chance I'm talking shit though. Might even have been a few shows for the USWA or something like that (if that was still going then).

Nah, your right enough, they got shipped off to AAA for the spring/summer of '97 along with Jake Roberts (although he was probably there on his own back)

Nah, your right enough, they got shipped off to AAA for the spring/summer of '97 along with Jake Roberts (although he was probably there on his own back)

Ah, cool, thanks for proving me not senile. I had a quick look at Rick Bognor's wiki but there was no mention. It's probably something I would have read in Powerslam. It's mad the amount of useless "facts" I probably have stored away from that magazine.

Bruno Sammartino and Randy Savage had a brief feud in the mid 80s I believe, when Bruno was around ostensibly to help his son's career get started. Are there any of their matches out there to watch? I imagine them being quite good.

They play that off as a WWF vs. AAA feud don't they?

Yeah pretty much, although I did see the Maestro pre-WCW with them once so I don't know how they played that off.

The best thing about the 'WWF invasion' was changing most of their rudo midgets to WWF gimmicks. We had mini Vader, Mankind, Goldust and even Paul Bearer for a short while!

There's one on the Randy Savage DVD box set, and it is indeed a good watch.

They had a few matches in Boston in 1987 that were televised including a Lumberjack match aswell. Im pretty sure I read somewhere they had a singles match in a cage that was also televised but not sure where. Might be worth checking out the old Coliseum Videos for that one.

Under researching Sammartino/Savage matches I didnt even realise Bruno wrestled Honky on the March 1987 Boston show.