UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

I'd be surprised if Undertaker hasn't "stingered" a ton of people. He really used to hit it hard in the Nineties. Check out the one he hits Jimmy Snuka with at Wrestlemania 7.Wasn't that basically the reason Dustin Rhodes was sacked from his "road agent" role? Rumour was he got canned for allowing Yatsu (Can't remember the guys name unfortunately. Don't watch much WWE now) to take an absolutely ridiculous piledriver.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

I'd be surprised if Undertaker hasn't "stingered" a ton of people. He really used to hit it hard in the Nineties.Wasn't that basically the reason Dustin Rhodes was sacked from his "road agent" role? Rumour was he got canned for allowing Yatsu (Can't remember the guys name unfortunately. Don't watch much WWE now) to take an absolutely ridiculous piledriver.

According to F4WOnline, Goldust was released on April 24 after orchestrating a spot where Tatsu was to take a modified Doomsday Device from the green tandem of O'Neil and Young, and the result was a scary bump that could have seriously injured Tatsu.

Was WWE The Music Vol 10 A New Day ever released on CD form in the UK? Wikipedia says it was released under CD_R and MP3 but when I checked Amazon I couldnt find it listed at all apart from downloading individual music tracks. Amazon.com lists the CD but its not showing up on the UK version.

• Paid Members

On a similar theme, does anyone remember what the whole Dangerously/Ladder thing was about?

I've just re-read the Ladder Party thread in UK Events but can't quite remember what led to it.

On a similar theme, does anyone remember what the whole Dangerously/Ladder thing was about?

I've just re-read the Ladder Party thread in UK Events but can't quite remember what led to it.

Basically this:

Anyone notice that the ladder Sheamus powerbombed Sin Cara through was not steel and was infact wood? If you look closely for those of you with downloaded vesions of the PPV or Sky + PVR boxes you can clearly see wood at the break on the ladder and some splinters of wood on the ground. So much for the ladders being all steel!

and beyond .. http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=126273...p;#entry2410781

The quotes do get far worse from him, for example:

What, exactly, do you expect them to say?

"They have found the one ladder that happens to be made of wood! That's a lucky break!"

Or how about use an actual steel ladder like every ladder placed around the ring is meant to be. Is it wrong of me to actually want to see for my viewing pleasure see someone get powerbombed for real on steel ladders? The talent get paid a lot of money to risk their body but i want to see some real danger not some fake steel coloured wooden ladder. Sure it may end someones wrestling career but i dont care. I want to see someone get hurt godammit!

Edited by ItsClobberingTime

• Paid Members

Has the Rey Misterio Jr vs. Psicosis match from WCW 'Bash at the Beach 1996' ever been officially released on DVD? It doesn't seem to be on "Biggest Little Man", "Life of a Masked Man", "Rise and Fall of WCW" or "Highest Flyers".

For me, it was one of Misterio's best ever - right up there with the Eddie Havoc bout.

EDIT: don't worry, found it. Seems it was included on the '6-1-9' DVD.

Edited by Big Benny HG

Watched the Ric Flair shoot lately and he states in it that Rick Rude was the only wrestler who worked with him while 'impaired'. Surely this cannot be true considering Flair worked with The Von Erichs, Terry Gordy, Tommy Rich, Scott Hall, Buzz Sawyer and numerous other wrestlers with reputations over the years. Also, this is really the only negative comment I've heard about Rick Rude ever.I guess their series happened just after Rude returned from his neck injury in 1993 and was clearly in pain when he wrestled, so perhaps he was on some serious pain killers at the time. Even with this in mind, I simply cannot believe that he was the only person to wrestle Flair when under the influence of something.My question is, why did Flair make this statement to single out Rude? Is there some other reason that he disliked him?

Edited by fraserbee

• Paid Members

Here's a story and it even appeared in Flair's book.According to Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer, Kerry had been emotionally distraught because his dog had died earlier that day; he could not be located at match time until Gary Hart and referee Rick Hazzard finally found him passed out in his car. When Kerry was brought to the ring for his match with Flair after a considerable delay, the one-hour draw that followed was such a disaster that, in one of the few taped inserts not related to the death of a wrestler, Marc Lowrance appeared from the KTVT studios to assure Championship Sports viewers that Kerry's condition the previous Monday evening had been due to a "106-degree fever" and that he had "left the hospital" to fulfill his obligation to wrestle for the title. (Only the opening minutes of the match were shown before TV time ran out, but what little footage did air made it quite obvious that Kerry was not in any shape to go through with the bout.)

Here's a story and it even appeared in Flair's book.According to Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer, Kerry had been emotionally distraught because his dog had died earlier that day; he could not be located at match time until Gary Hart and referee Rick Hazzard finally found him passed out in his car. When Kerry was brought to the ring for his match with Flair after a considerable delay, the one-hour draw that followed was such a disaster that, in one of the few taped inserts not related to the death of a wrestler, Marc Lowrance appeared from the KTVT studios to assure Championship Sports viewers that Kerry's condition the previous Monday evening had been due to a "106-degree fever" and that he had "left the hospital" to fulfill his obligation to wrestle for the title. (Only the opening minutes of the match were shown before TV time ran out, but what little footage did air made it quite obvious that Kerry was not in any shape to go through with the bout.)

Yes, I remember this story now. Just makes me wonder more why Flair would single Rude out so negatively.

• Paid Members
Isn't that a young Jonny Storm on the "True Story of Wrestlemania" documentary talking about the fanfests?

It is indeed. On a similar note, in my hotel stalking days I went with Dean Ayass to the hotel where the WWF crew were staying on the September UK tour that year. Johnny Storm was there dressed as Jeff Jarrett. Sadly I can't find any pics.

Weird. Maybe Flair was a little put out over the stinkfest that was rick rude vs flair at fall brawl 1993. That was probably the biggest let down of a match between 2 great workers.

Biggest letdown for me was the NWA wouldnt sanction Rick Rude a fantastic worker as a legimate World Champion.

Is Rick Rude the only guy to beat Flair on a PPV where Ric never got his win back on a televised event in WCW?

Edited by iamthedoctor