UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Anyone have any good places to purchase or download recent Puro and Lucha shows? Im looking in particular for the BOSJ from this year but also just in general, I don't mind watching online but don't really want to stream multiple parts and all that. Ideally somewhere I can download the full shows at a decent quality (I keep an eye on PWT but there isn't much on there) or I will happily pay a small amount to get a dvd I can conveniently just watch on my TV. I have tried IVP videos but again, nothing much recent. Lucha in general just doesn't seem to be around much at all but Im up for giving it a try.

Give this guy a go:

http://www.slambamjam.com/mm5/merchant.mvc

Never come across that IVP Videos before - looks to be some interesting compilations there.

http://gaijinpuro.us/

Not sure how I feel about this site yet. This guy is responsible for 95% of all recent Puro and his uploads used to go on WrestlingBay. However they got wise that members of WB would then upload the Japanese shows for free elsewhere, so now they only upload to the site above where you have to pay per download. Shows can range from around $6 to $15 depending on the quality(and size) of the rip.

It's all downloads and they're ISO files. But if you want recent Puro, it's here first and apparently they've put measures in place so that those who download and then put the shows up free for everyone will get banned from using their site.

are the missing days on that website purely down to the fact they weren't televised?

Im tempted to use that website for the BOSJ at least but it would end up very expensive using to following shows on a regular basis. Also gets my back up when someone is over protective and trys to take ownership over content they have actually pirated themselves.

Yeah only the opener (27th May), 2nd June, 3rd, 6th and finals (today, 10th) were taped.

And that's why I've only used it the once as a trial run. On the first page only, if I wanted to download the stuff that hadn't already made it's way onto the web for free after, I'd be spending over $50. I think I wouldn't mind paying something monthly to have unlimited access to what I want, but realistically from what they'd probably want from that alone would far exceed any cost they're spending in order to be able to provide all this puro.

All Star Wrestling had a show in Hastings yesterday. Varsity Pro Wrestling had a show in Horsham, also yesterday. I'd suspect that's what you saw posters for.

Both decent I'd imagine.

Thanks. Shame I actually wasn't in either town for either - the Varsity show seems from the internet to have had Doug Williams.

• Paid Members

Just to warn anyone thinking of visiting that Gaijinpuro place, it currently has the final night of the Super Junior tournament with a complete match listing, thus spoiling the result of the semis.

Give www.ivpvideos.com a go.

erm...thanks, I did already mention in my post that I had given them a look but couldnt seem to find anything too recent on there.

What are they like in terms of presentation? disc in a sleeve? I tried the sampler and the quality seems good enough.

I'd steer clear of IVP. I've traded with him in the past and have little good to say about the guy; in our trade he sent me a wrong show instead of the one I asked for, discs which froze and even a blank disc. I know other traders in the UK who've had problems with him. The reason he wont have anything new in is because his usual m.o. is to get discs in from other Japan and Lucha sellers (ideally in bulk buys so the cost is even cheaper for him) and then undercut them. He never gets anything first.

I will heartily recommend SlamBamJam though; a good, reliable guy, and one of the people who IVP gets his discs from.

After looking at that FCA set that's coming out, it got me wondering:

How many Chicago Street Fights have there been collectively in WWE, WCW, ECW and TNA? I can count three (Uncensored '96, WM13 and Extreme Rules), is there any other notable ones?

After looking at that FCA set that's coming out, it got me wondering:

How many Chicago Street Fights have there been collectively in WWE, WCW, ECW and TNA? I can count three (Uncensored '96, WM13 and Extreme Rules), is there any other notable ones?

Crap quality and i'm not even sure if it properly counts but I remember them refering to it as a Chicago Street Fight at the time so.

L.O.D. 2000 Vs D.O.A.

Two Abyss-related questions here:

1. A good while ago, someone on another, more cretinous wrestling forum said that TNA had toyed with the idea of creating a "Monsters" division revolving around Abyss, presumably their idea of a Hardcore division. Has anyone here ever heard of this? If so, is it true or total pish?

2. Has Abyss ever done any Indy work for Garbage feds like CZW or IWA-MS? I'd have thought he would eat up the bookings, being the most prominant Garbage wrestler in the country today.

And another non-Abyss question, but still on the Hardcore theme:

3. Were any of the Harris Brothers or KroniK ever involved in a match for the WCW Hardcore title?

Edited by Forrest

• Paid Members
Two Abyss-related questions here:

1. A good while ago, someone on another, more cretinous wrestling forum said that TNA had toyed with the idea of creating a "Monsters" division revolving around Abyss, presumably their idea of a Hardcore division. Has anyone here ever heard of this? If so, is it true or total pish?

2. Has Abyss ever done any Indy work for Garbage feds like CZW or IWA-MS? I'd have thought he would eat up the bookings, being the most prominant Garbage wrestler in the country today.

And another non-Abyss question, but still on the Hardcore theme:

3. Were any of the Harris Brothers or KroniK ever involved in a match for the WCW Hardcore title?

1 : If i remeber correctly its something that thought about doing, but never really did anything with it. I know it was an idea they mulled around with for a while.

2: I would dare say Abyss might make enough money not to really take alot of other bookings. I've seen him in odd places here and there, but doubt he would A) want/need to take mutiple death match bookings due to injuries, or B) actually make that much money from death match promotions. I know he came from an old NWA promotion ran by Bill Behrens before he was in TNA, in which I dont recall him ever having any hardcore matches, but i cannot be 100% sure on that.

3: Not that I can recall.

Edited by Bowyo T