UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

If WWE bought the ROH and TNA library, its good buy Mr. Chips as far as they are concerned. You'll see about 3 minutes of footage of both promotions combined every 18 months on a DVD. If anyone thinks WWE is going to buy FIP and actually put out any content of it, your mental. WWE has thousands of hours of footage we will never see. They aren't likely to put Ace Steel vs Scoot Andrews matches on their Network anytime soon.Look at Bret Hart's DVD. 90 seconds of Stampede Wrestling and its onto the Hart Foundation days. If its not WWE, WCW, ECW or AWA, you see fuck all on those WWE DVDs. The only people who have any interest in FIP and ROH DVDs are the people who actually own them anyway. People just dont care about this. There is the loyal WWE fan, there's the likes of me who will watch other promotions and then there's the tiny, tiny crowd who will watch wrestling filled in a warehouse.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Paid Members

What happened to that wrestling show that featured the likes of MVP and Chris Masters under different gimmicks? MVP was supposedly going to be a Chono rip-off and Masters was called something like Concrete.Is it no longer happening?

• Paid Members

Ideally, I just want them to collect the ROH/FIP compilations for Punk into Tagged Classics.

I never want to see Punk's FIP stuff ever again. It was dreadful.

• Paid Members

What happened to that wrestling show that featured the likes of MVP and Chris Masters under different gimmicks? MVP was supposedly going to be a Chono rip-off and Masters was called something like Concrete.Is it no longer happening?

IIRC they filmed a pilot or the standard 13 episode pilot series, though when it's airing is another story.

• Paid Members

What tape libraries does WWE own at the moment? I heard Vince went on a bit of a buying spree a while back.I've heard chatter of more companies looking into Netflix-like streaming services, and some have suggested communal clouds to be the future of digital media so it's possible we might one day a full on-demand version of their back catalogue, especially with how desperately WWE like to appear ahead of the curve in new media.

• Paid Members

What tape libraries does WWE own at the moment? I heard Vince went on a bit of a buying spree a while back.

Wiki is saying that they just bought the "Ultimate Pro Wrestling" fed library. I'd imagine that would be because of the early Cena footage, right?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Tape_Libr...n-WWE_purchases Edited by bAzTNM#1

Finally going to my First RAW taping in November. I've been told that you could be asked to turn a shirt inside out or given something to cover up if you wear a Hulk Hogan shirt? Surely this is a wind up?

It's true, it has happened.They would probably give you a t-shirt to wear instead of Hogan if you are wearing one. Some Hogan t-shirts manage to get on telly though.If your taking a sign, which you will probably do as its your first TV taping then security will also check what you've got on your sign when entering the venue. Some venues have also banned replica belts from entering the venue for 'health and safety' reasons. Edited by Twinn

Finally going to my First RAW taping in November. I've been told that you could be asked to turn a shirt inside out or given something to cover up if you wear a Hulk Hogan shirt? Surely this is a wind up?

It's true, it has happened.They would probably give you a t-shirt to wear instead of Hogan if you are wearing one. Some Hogan t-shirts manage to get on telly though.If your taking a sign, which you will probably do as its your first TV taping then security will also check what you've got on your sign when entering the venue. Some venues have also banned replica belts from entering the venue for 'health and safety' reasons.
Ha Mental, sounds like a good way of getting a free shirt. Winner