UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Jesus Christ :( The fact that Jim Neidhart's got a new pair of pants on suggests Owen wore that outfit a load of times. Good for Owen. He should have wore it more.

I cant be the only person who loves 94-95 WWF. I just loved it. Probably because it was around the time we got Sky and I could watch it regularly, but the colour was just blinding. Everyone looked young and the wrestlers seemed faster. Hogan and Warrior were gone, but I was drinking the koolaid that they were past it and the New Generation was the next big thing. Good era. I dont care if it was so bad for business it nearly killed the company.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

Fuck me Edgar, you're on a roll. Anvil's cleaned up for this one too. I always thought he looked a lot sharper in black than pink, especially the vivid black and pinks of 94 (rather than the duller 97 ones).

Jesus Christ :( The fact that Jim Neidhart's got a new pair of pants on suggests Owen wore that outfit a load of times. Good for Owen. He should have wore it more.

I cant be the only person who loves 94-95 WWF. I just loved it. Probably because it was around the time we got Sky and I could watch it regularly, but the colour was just blinding. Everyone looked young and the wrestlers seemed faster. Hogan and Warrior were gone, but I was drinking the koolaid that they were past it and the New Generation was the next big thing. Good era. I dont care if it was so bad for business it nearly killed the company.

Ian youre not. I grew up from early 92 WWF onwards - it was fun times

Too right. If there was a two-three year period where somebody could show me absolutely any footage from the era and I'd DEFINITELY enjoy it, I'd pick 94-96 WWF every day of the week. Like you, couldn't give a fuck how shite it was for business. Blinding matches, blinding colours, Bret, Shawn, Razor and Diesel up your arse and shitloads of Vince on commentary. I mean, fucking loads. Virtually all the PPVs, and most of the telly. Can't get enough of it.

Too right. If there was a two-three year period where somebody could show me absolutely any footage from the era and I'd DEFINITELY enjoy it, I'd pick 94-96 WWF every day of the week. Like you, couldn't give a fuck how shite it was for business. Blinding matches, blinding colours, Bret, Shawn, Razor and Diesel up your arse and shitloads of Vince on commentary. I mean, fucking loads. Virtually all the PPVs, and most of the telly. Can't get enough of it.

Now Im trying to catch up one the stuff I missed like Challenge 94

EDIT: Nice work Edgar, good find. I'm almost of the belief they walked from KOTR to that arena there without getting changed, Anvil's in identical clobber there too.

I I hated that last design when he was teaming with Jarrett. Looked like it was designed by the work experience kid, the silver marking looked like a giant pair of pockets. Of course, his best attire was his sky blue 1993 rocket gear.

Here's one i used to wonder about, what was the script with Disco disguised as a masked luchador at Spring Breakout '99. What were their plans, and why were they scrapped?

Of course not. 94 and 95 were great at the time. Even all the gimmicks which everyone slaughters. Duke, Lafitte, Man Mountain Rock, Mantaur, Aldo, Waylon Mercy etc etc.

Thing is, as young'uns, we weren't exactly watching wrestling out of duty. If it was shit to us, we wouldn't be long in chucking it.

I'd like to get Superstars, Challenge sets for 94, Superstars, Action Zone et al for 95 and Livewire for 96, but not pay for them, if you know what I mean. I live in hope that they'll show up in the usual places sooner or later. You never know what treats are awaiting on those shows. Considering they achieved the sum total of fuck all during their time, Well Dunn seemed to have about 80 different coloured outfits. Randy Orton could learn a thing or two from them, the tight get.

I'd like to get Superstars, Challenge sets for 94, Superstars, Action Zone et al for 95 and Livewire for 96, but not pay for them, if you know what I mean. I live in hope that they'll show up in the usual places sooner or later. You never know what treats are awaiting on those shows. Considering they achieved the sum total of fuck all during their time, Well Dunn seemed to have about 80 different coloured outfits. Randy Orton could learn a thing or two from them, the tight get.

I have Superstars 94 amongst others. Its like my secomd child :o) Avoid Action Zone though coz it was only good till end of 94

Two obscure Shawn Michaels ones then:

- Has anybody seen the Michaels/Mankind match from after the IYH: It's Time PPV. I know it got filmed because there's a clip often used in video package of a stubbled HBK spitting water out during an entrance, and in the background you can see the dismantled IYH set from the Undertaker match. I wouldn't mind seeing the match but I can't find any mention of it appearing on anything, anywhere. I'd like to believe the footage is out there somewhere.

- Did Shawn Michaels and Ultimate Warrior actually team/face off in any capacity in 96, other than their brief moments together at the end of KOTR?

Two obscure Shawn Michaels ones then:

- Has anybody seen the Michaels/Mankind match from after the IYH: It's Time PPV. I know it got filmed because there's a clip often used in video package of a stubbled HBK spitting water out during an entrance, and in the background you can see the dismantled IYH set from the Undertaker match. I wouldn't mind seeing the match but I can't find any mention of it appearing on anything, anywhere. I'd like to believe the footage is out there somewhere.

- Did Shawn Michaels and Ultimate Warrior actually team/face off in any capacity in 96, other than their brief moments together at the end of KOTR?

They were due to team up with Ahmed Johnson but Warrior seen the end to that by fucking off. From card/house show results the only people Warrior was involved with were Golddust, Owen Hart & Vader.

• Paid Members

Was it Challenge that used to rock that incredible multi neon entrance set? The one they used at Mania 8.

Was it Challenge that used to rock that incredible multi neon entrance set? The one they used at Mania 8.

Think so

wwf-wrestling-challenge-1993-complete-dvd-set-4af00.jpg

Ric Flair beat Tito Santana at the Royal Albert Hall show in late 1991. Tito was in the white gear, but hadn't he started the El Matador gimmick by then?

Also, did Big Bossman #2 in the blue shirt ever wrestle Undertaker #1?

Edited by King Pitcos