UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will Virgin be broadcasting Wrestlemania this year? I usually watch it at home on sky but my sky has been playing up so am hoping to watch it at a friends house on virgin but we can't find anything to confirm that it's being shown. Anyone know for definite yay or nay?

Yep, Live the same as Sky. You only get repeats all day on Monday though.

Thanks Phenom, does it show up on the on demand listings the week before, same as sky?

Yeah, but you can't actually order it until the actual Sunday. It can be a pain, but at least they carry it I suppose.

Thank you, at least I don't have to worry about getting the sky fixed before then.

Be careful with Virgin Media lads. Last year, they didn't start showing the event until 45 minutes in. Virgin viewers last year missed the opener, the Orton triple threat match and all but the last 5 minutes of MITB.

Aye, it came on at midnight for most people, but not everyone on Virgin.

And, im not so sure Virgin are going to show WrestleMania, on the Live Events Channel it's not advertising anything, and they usually have the event information up weeks before the actual show, Mania is only 12 days away and it's not even advertising on there yet, Royal Rumble was advertised like a month in advance. Also when you go to more on demand and click future events it doesnt advertise anything there either.

Got a bad feeling about this one.

I just contacted them, they said they ARE showing it. If they decide to take the money, and then not show it, it won't be the first time either though :(

I just had Virgin Media installed this morning, were you able to record previous WrestleMania's onto the VBox for a limited period? Thank you.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will Virgin be broadcasting Wrestlemania this year? I usually watch it at home on sky but my sky has been playing up so am hoping to watch it at a friends house on virgin but we can't find anything to confirm that it's being shown. Anyone know for definite yay or nay?

Thanks Phenom, does it show up on the on demand listings the week before, same as sky?

Yeah, but you can't actually order it until the actual Sunday. It can be a pain, but at least they carry it I suppose.

Thank you, at least I don't have to worry about getting the sky fixed before then.

Be careful with Virgin Media lads. Last year, they didn't start showing the event until 45 minutes in. Virgin viewers last year missed the opener, the Orton triple threat match and all but the last 5 minutes of MITB.

And, im not so sure Virgin are going to show WrestleMania, on the Live Events Channel it's not advertising anything, and they usually have the event information up weeks before the actual show, Mania is only 12 days away and it's not even advertising on there yet, Royal Rumble was advertised like a month in advance. Also when you go to more on demand and click future events it doesnt advertise anything there either.

I just contacted them, they said they ARE showing it. If they decide to take the money, and then not show it, it won't be the first time either though :(

I just had Virgin Media installed this morning, were you able to record previous WrestleMania's onto the VBox for a limited period? Thank you.

Nope it doesn't let you record them using V+, only onto DVD or Tape.

• Paid Members

I was wonder if you were having trouble finding a stream or if you wanted spoilers to see if the show was any good or just generally asking about to see how TNA had been doing recently. I didnt understand what your reasons were.

I'm giving it a miss tonight. I watch it every now and again these days. Its not hooking me at the minute to be honest.

Still nothing on the Live Events channel or anything, only 9 days away now, it always comes up at least 3 weeks in advance, and its usually always on the future events thing on More On Demand too, they havent got a clue when you call them usually what WrestleMania even is, last year I was told it's a boxing event starting at 2 o clock in the afternoon by one of their customer service people. Im really starting to think we're not getting it. Annoying.

Still nothing on the Live Events channel or anything, only 9 days away now, it always comes up at least 3 weeks in advance, and its usually always on the future events thing on More On Demand too, they havent got a clue when you call them usually what WrestleMania even is, last year I was told it's a boxing event starting at 2 o clock in the afternoon by one of their customer service people. Im really starting to think we're not getting it. Annoying.

Well, they assured me that the "Boxing Match" will be live at 11:45 that Sunday Night, and to check On Demand again on the 28th.

I actually came in here to find out about the Virgin/Wrestlemania situation. How have people gone about getting money back if they missed the first hour? Also, how many people has this actually happened to and is there a way of avoiding it somehow?

I actually came in here to find out about the Virgin/Wrestlemania situation. How have people gone about getting money back if they missed the first hour? Also, how many people has this actually happened to and is there a way of avoiding it somehow?

For WrestleMania 23 and 24, that didnt come on at all, we just phoned up and they were aware of the problem and we watched the replays for free.

WrestleMania 26 last year was also a known problem, it worked fine for me, but i think it was mainly the West Midlands where it wouldnt come on for the first hour. You just simply ring them the next day when it happens, they never usually kick up a fuss about refunding/not charging etc.

Theres no way of avoiding it, WrestleMania 25 came on perfectly, as did last years for me, i did have to restart my box to get it though at one point, but really if there ends up being a fault in your area it won't work no matter what you do.

Like i say, the last 2 WrestleMania's have come on fine for me, so touch wood they've sorted the problems now...in saying that lets just hope the ads come uo for it on Monday and they do actually show it this year!

• Paid Members
Has any seen the hardcore homecoming dvds if so are they any good?

I've seen both. The first is well worth picking up if you like the names involved, it has some fun little matches on there. The seconds ok but nothing ground breaking, the cage match was about the bets match as a Dudley's tag got cut for legal reasons. I can't recall much of the dog collar match or the Rotten show down.

That's my opinion any way, for what that's worth.