UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

What happened to TWC? I used to watch it for the shoot interviews and the odd NJPW/Classics, and vaguely remember it merged with something else to show mostly Cage Fights/MMA. Anything more juicy then it ran out of cash?

It was sold to The Fight Network for a pretty tasty sum (I believe), but then The Fight Network ended up going under some time later. After the buyout, they ran TWC rather poorly, with loads of re-runs and crappy programming and things just began to slide.

• Paid Members

The Fight Network is still going in the US, isn't it? Just here that they stopped it.

Right, Booker T's WCW theme music. What is it a rip-off of? I'm thinking Kraftwerk's "Sex Object". The "Yes! Yes!", "No! No!" parts definately come from that tune. What other tunes does that particular theme copy? Thanks there.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

What matches have taken place at both a Starcade and a Wrestlemania? I can think of Ric Flair Vs Randy Savage (Starcade '95 and Wrestlemania 8).

The only other close one I can think of off the top of my head is Steiners Vs Wild Samoans (Samoan Savage & Fatu) at the Starcade with the tournament and Steiners Vs Headshrinkers (Samu and Fatu) at Mania 9.

Are there any others or any other close ones? I know I could Wiki this but I am throwing it out there for a bit of fun.

• Paid Members
What matches have taken place at both a Starcade and a Wrestlemania? I can think of Ric Flair Vs Randy Savage (Starcade '95 and Wrestlemania 8).

The only other close one I can think of off the top of my head is Steiners Vs Wild Samoans (Samoan Savage & Fatu) at the Starcade with the tournament and Steiners Vs Headshrinkers (Samu and Fatu) at Mania 9.

Are there any others or any other close ones? I know I could Wiki this but I am throwing it out there for a bit of fun.

Good question, I can't find any other exact instances but a close one would be Hogan v Piper who headlined Starrcade 1996 and they also faced each other at WrestleMania 1 teaming with Mr T and Paul Orndorff.

Billy Kidman & Rey Mysterio faced eachother as part of a 3 way at Starrcade 1998 and then were in a multi-person match at WrestleMania XX (but I can't remember if they were in the ring at the same time though).

• Paid Members
I do believe that's the one I'm after. I was on the RF Video website not long ago and coudn't find anything.

Cheers fella.

They dont take a tour or anything. They are just sitting at a table. Doug Gentry and Gabe Sapolsky are quite inslightful and tell some top stories about ECW back then. Whats cool is that Gentry and Sapolsky are so humble about the time they spent in ECW and happy to have been there, so it doesnt come across like usual ECW personalities shoots. Rob Feinstein doesnt seem to know what the fucks going on, which is odd since its his video. He keeps getting corrected by Sapolsky.

Just checked, and the tour is definitely on there. It's at the end, just before the Feinstein on ECW TV clips. May have been chopped off your copy.

• Paid Members

Good question, I can't find any other exact instances but a close one would be Hogan v Piper who headlined Starrcade 1996 and they also faced each other at WrestleMania 1 teaming with Mr T and Paul Orndorff.

A much less close one: Rock 'n' Roll Express vs Midnights in Starrcade 87; Rock 'n' Roll Express and New Midnight Express in a battle royale at WrestleMania 14

A much less close one: Rock 'n' Roll Express vs Midnights in Starrcade 87; Rock 'n' Roll Express and New Midnight Express in a battle royale at WrestleMania 14

The LOD were also in that battle Royal who had faced the original Midnights at a Starrcade.

The only other close match I have is the 3 Count vs Yung Dragons vs Jamie Knoble and Evan Karagias at Starrcarde 200 in a 3 way ladder match, and three of those men Moore, Yang and (K)Noble were in the Cruiserweight elimination at Wrestlemania. I don't recall any of them being in the ring at the same time though. Same could be said for Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman who were also in that Cruiserweight rush job and had a 3 way at one Starrcade with Juvi Guerrera.

Edited by bwo

The LOD were also in that battle Royal who had faced the original Midnights at a Starrcade.

The only other close match I have is the 3 Count vs Yung Dragons vs Jamie Knoble and Evan Karagias at Starrcarde 200 in a 3 way ladder match, and three of those men Moore, Yang and (K)Noble were in the Cruiserweight elimination at Wrestlemania. I don't recall any of them being in the ring at the same time though. Same could be said for Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman who were also in that Cruiserweight rush job and had a 3 way at one Starrcade with Juvi Guerrera.

Barrel scraping now but also Hawk and Animal have opposed Ron Simmons at both a Starrcade and a Wrestlemania:

Road Warriors Vs Doom (Starrcade 89) and Legion Of Doom and Ahmed Johnson Vs Nation Of Domination (Crush, Faarooq and Savio Vega) (Wrestlemania 13)

Edited by bobby dazzler