UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I just re-watched The Great Muta / Jushin Thunder Liger match ( the one where Ligers mask is ripped off to reveal he has Muta like facepaint and he then goes mental ). Anyway im wondering if it was ever explained in a storyline why Liger had the facepaint and was able to mist Muta?

The gimmick is a variation of The Great Muta gimmick which relies on bloody and evil tactics in a match, using mannerisms and imagery that differ from the person's normal ways. This gimmick also uses many wrestling moves that are regulars in The Great Muta's move set, such as the Asian mist.

It was basically a way for Liger to match Muta's tactics.

Kishin has been used since.

I believe there's a brain buster on to a chair right?

So... what's happened to Tomko then? Is he over in Japan? He appeared back on TNA tv earlier in the year, but then disappeared with no explanation.

• Paid Members

Right, quite a difficult one here.

Was watching old "Last of the Summer Wine" shows with Mumzie today and the crew go into the cafe. On the walls are tons of grappling posters with some famous names such as Big Daddy, Kendo Nagasaki, Pat Roach, Mark Rocco etc. One of the matchups appears to be Big Daddy vs Zebra Kid. Just would like to know if this Zebra Kid was Ricky Knight?

Thanks there.

ADDED: It must have been filmed 1975-ish.

• Paid Members

Think you've got your wires just a little crossed there Baz. Presume you've heard the story that when Roy Bevis started training he was wearing zebra-print gear, and one of the vets called him "The Zebra Kid" after another guy who'd used that gimmick (looking at Wikipedia it appears to have been a name used by lots of guys all over the world down the years) and the name stuck.

I'm presuming the Zebra Kid mentioned on the poster you saw is the guy Roy ended up being named for, but I don't know exactly who it was - the likes of Lister probably will.

AFAIK, Ricky Knight has never used the name "The Zebra Kid."

In regards to "The Zebra Kid" It will not be the one we know today. There was a previous Zebra, back in the day however he was quite as lean and in shape as Roy Bevis if I recall, I cannot off the top of my head remeber the details, but I know the original Zebra Kidd did work with Jericho back in the day on the Germany Tours according to Y2J's book