UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

21 quid for those costumes seems a decent price too! The muscle chest padding top would cost that on its own in other shops, plus you get the jacket/robe/hat/boots! I'm seriously thinking about ordering the Sheik one, would give me an excuse to rant like him for the evening!

Does anyone know where I can get the Roddy Piper white Hot Rod t-shirt in medium, and something that resembles his red kilt for relatively cheap?

Halloween costumes, y'see.

You could also hit the charity shops to look for a red plaid tartan skirt. I was going to go as Roddy Piper for a fancy dress pub crawl during RAG at Uni, as I still had an old T-Shirt from the early 90s and one of my friends was going as Steve Austin and he didn't want to be the only wrestler. In the end I couldn't find a kilt or skirt, and just stuck to the official theme of 'Chester through the ages' and hired a medieval outfit, resembling something out of Blackadder II.

Two questions:

1. Which episode of Raw was it that ended Nitro's streak? If I remember rightly it was one with a bait-and-switch Austin vs McMahon match, but what else was on it?

2. Bit of a stupid one, but at WrestleMania 15, Stone Cold just wore a t-shirt as entrance gear rather than the usual leather waistcoat. Did he ever say why?

• Paid Members

Here you go:

The April 13, 1998 Edition of Raw is War is a Professional wrestling television show of the WWE's RAW brand, took place on April 13, 1998 at Corestates Center in Philadelphia, PA.

-Skull & 8-Ball fought Savio Vega & Jose Estrada to a no contest in a chain match at 2:15 when DX interfered and helped Los Boricuas in attacking the DOA; after the match, Chyna hit a low blow on both Savio and Jose

Brian Christopher & Scott Taylor fought Aguila & Pantera to a no contest when Vince McMahon came out to accept a match with Steve Austin for the title later in the night

-WWF Light Heavyweight Champion Taka Michinoku defeated Jeff Jarrett via disqualification in a non-title match when Club Kamikaze attacked the champion before the match, with Jarrett applying the figure-4 afterwards

-Terry Funk & Scorpio defeated the Quebecers at 2:14 when Scorpio made the pin with the 450 splash after avoiding the Quebecars' finisher

-Ken Shamrock & Steve Blackman fought Bob Holly & Bart Gunn (w/ Jim Cornette) to a double disqualification at 3:43 when all four men began brawling; before the match, Shamrock had a staredown with Dan Severn, who came ringside with the NWA contingent, forcing the referee to send Severn backstage

-Owen Hart pinned WWF Tag Team Champion Billy Gunn at 8:36; Triple H and X-Pac did guest commentary for the bout while the Legion of Doom and Sunny stood at ringside

-WWF World Champion Steve Austin (with his arm tied behind his back) fought Vince McMahon (w/ Pat Patterson & Gerald Brisco) to a no contest when Dude Love came ringside and tried to break the fight up; in the ensuing altercation, Dude eventually locked the Mandible Claw on Austin.

And the second question, Foley mentions in his shoot interview that Austin's jacket (which he'd had made for WrestleMania) was misplaced and he had to wear a t-shirt to the ring. Austin was apparently fuming about it, because he is particular about his look, especially on such a big stage. If I'm correct, he talks about everything going wrong about that period (including his divorce) and that shit like this got his well miffed. I suppose its a bit like Shawn Michaels having to wear them shit pants and cowboy boots at the Survivor Series, because the woman didnt get the logos done in time.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

And the second question, Foley mentions in his shoot interview that Austin's jacket (which he'd had made for WrestleMania) was misplaced and he had to wear a t-shirt to the ring. Austin was apparently fuming about it, because he is particular about his look, especially on such a big stage.

Austin also talked about it himself on the 'Hell Yeah' video/dvd they brought out covering that part of his career.

Another example in addition to the Shawn Michaels one posted above was at the Mayhem In Manchester event where Undertaker wrestled Kane wearing a black shirt and black jeans because his wrestling gear got lost at the airport.

• Paid Members
And the second question, Foley mentions in his shoot interview that Austin's jacket (which he'd had made for WrestleMania) was misplaced and he had to wear a t-shirt to the ring. Austin was apparently fuming about it, because he is particular about his look, especially on such a big stage.

Austin also talked about it himself on the 'Hell Yeah' video/dvd they brought out covering that part of his career.

Another example in addition to the Shawn Michaels one posted above was at the Mayhem In Manchester event where Undertaker wrestled Kane wearing a black shirt and black jeans because his wrestling gear got lost at the airport.

Here's another one. If you look at Sabu's outfit at Vengance 2006 against John Cena, he's actually wearing Davari's pants and a borrowed pair of boots, because his gear also got lost at the airport.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

Just subscribed to Wrestling Observer, anyone got any recommendations of podcasts/newsletters to download?

Some people may recommened the Torch however if you are an online subscriber to the Observer you have covered most bases.

You get both the Observer and Figure Four

Dave + Bryan shows

Bryan + Vinny shows

Karl Sterm retro shows

Figure Four daily etc etc

Lots and Lots of content :thumbsup:

There's also an interview with Mick Foley next Monday, which could be explosive. He's recently moaned about Meltzer criticising his TNA work, and it'll be the day after his match with Ric Flair at Bound For Glory - so if that match sucks, expect Foley to cry off the interview to avoid any possible slating.

There's also an interview with Mick Foley next Monday, which could be explosive. He's recently moaned about Meltzer criticising his TNA work, and it'll be the day after his match with Ric Flair at Bound For Glory - so if that match sucks, expect Foley to cry off the interview to avoid any possible slating.

There match is gonna be tomorrow night at "before the glory". It confused me abit too..