UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
What sort of business did that feud do? I'd always assumed since they never really did anything else top line with Boss Man again that it must have been a failure, but if it went on for a while, I guess it wasn't too shabby?

Boss Man and Hogan headlined house shows around the country in tag matches with Savage and Akeem and in singles and cage matches for almost a year. The Twin Towers and the Mega Powers was also featured in the main events for Survivor Series 88, it played a big part in Royal Rumble 89 and they were the lead attraction during the Mega Powers Explode episode of the Main Event NBC special. Also the Boss Man headlined a Saturday Nights Main Event with Hogan, so business was very good. Saying that 1989, was a really good year for Hogan as far as business goes.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

Does anybody know which ecw delta dvd releases feature the dubbed out themes and which one's dont?

The ones released with all proper un-edited music (in chronological order):

- Barely Legal

- Hardcore Heaven 1997

- November To Remember 1997

- Living Dangerously 1998

- WrestlePalooza 1998

- HeatWave 1998

- November To Remember 1998

- Guilty As Charged 1999

- Living Dangerously 1999

- Hardcore Heaven 1999

- HeatWave 1999

- Anarchy Rulz 1999

- November To Remember 1999

- Guilty As Charged 2000

- Living Dangerously 2000

- Hardcore Heaven 2000

- HeatWave 2000

- Anarchy Rulz 2000

Every other Delta dvd had the crappy edited music.

:thumbsup:

Thanks very much for that

Also does anybody know if that awful Green Day song is now smackdown's new theme tune?

It's "Know Your Enemy" off their latest album which was released last year.

You have read my question completley wrong

• Paid Members
What year and event was the Austin vs Helmsly 3 stages of hell contest?

Thanks in advance sports fans

No Way Out 2001 I think

You would be right.

The three matches making up the "Three Stages of Hell" were..

First Fall: Standard Match

Second Fall: Street Fight

Third Fall: Steel Cage Challenge Match

Here be spoilers..

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Austin won the standard match. Triple H won the Street Fight and the Steel Cage match. Triple H won 2-1.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by bAzTNM#1

Also does anybody know if that awful Green Day song is now smackdown's new theme tune?

It's "Know Your Enemy" off their latest album which was released last year.

You have read my question completley wrong

Ha, sorry I blame a long day at work on Saturday. But yeah as said above I assume it is a new theme tune to go with the network change, but this weeks Smackdown was the first i'd watched in months.

• Paid Members
Does anybody know any details about the rumoured Gunslinger gimmick that Dustin Rhodes was supposed to play when he joined the WWF in 1995?

Rumours coming out of Stamford were that Dustin Rhodes was going to have a gun in his pocket, but it turns out he was just pleased to see Roddy Piper.

Here are the questions from my botch thread...lol

If anyone could answer these will be much appreciated.

- Was Billy Gunn initially supposed to be the guy that ran over Austin?

- What were the WM plans for Batista when he was injured around WM 22 and WM 25?

- Also, what were WM plans for Rey Mysterio when he was injured around WM 23 and 24?

- So, was Bryan Danielson really released this year or not? (WWE actually got me good. lol)

- Was Sting initially supposed to be the 3rd man for the NWO?

- What was supposed to happen during the McMahon dieing angle?

- How come these people never really got pushed often in WWE: Billy Kidman, Lance Storm, DDP, Mike Awesome, Chavo Guerrero (When he came back from injury around late 2004, but turned back to heel couple months later).

- What were plans for Marcus Cor Von (Monty Brown) had he stayed in WWE?

- What were future plans for WCW had McMahon not bought it?

- Why was The British Bulldog pushed so hard during 1999, feuding with The Rock and for the WWF title?

- How come Sting never went to the WWF/E?

- Was Shane Douglas, Konnan, and Billy Kidman supposed to jump ship with The Radicals to the WWF?

- How come HBK and The Rock didn't like each other and never wrestled each other?

- Were there any stories of Stone Cold being over protective of his spot during his heyday?

- Have Vince McMahon and Jeff Jarrett ended their feud?

- What were plans for Goldberg and Brock Lesnar had they stayed after WM 20?

- How many wrestlers were really and genuinely draws in the business?

- Why did John Cena drop the rapper gimmick?

- Why did Randy Orton win the belt at Summerslam 04 than drop it the next month to HHH?

- Who's idea was it for the Undisputed Champion (Y2J) to be involved with a storyline where he has to watch HHH's dog Lucy, why was the dog apart of the storyline, and why was this done?

- How come Scott Steiner wasn't apart of WM 19?

- Why was CM Punk, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Rey Mysterio, etc. all made to look really bad when they won the World Heavyweight or WWE Championship. Shouldn't they be booked strong since they are champions?

• Paid Members

OK, I'll bite.

- So, was Bryan Danielson really released this year or not? (WWE actually got me good. lol)

Yes, actually released. Then actually rehired.

- Was Sting initially supposed to be the 3rd man for the NWO?

No, according to Bischoff's book Sting was the backup plan if Hogan changed his mind, but it was meant to be Hogan.

- Why was The British Bulldog pushed so hard during 1999, feuding with The Rock and for the WWF title?

Because Vince promised him said push to get him to sign.

- How come Sting never went to the WWF/E?

Because he has never wanted to.

- Was Shane Douglas, Konnan, and Billy Kidman supposed to jump ship with The Radicals to the WWF?

Konnan and Kidman changed their minds about leaving, the WWF didnt want Douglas.

- How come HBK and The Rock didn't like each other and never wrestled each other?

Professional differences/envy/whatever. Rock thought he should be on top, Michaels thought it should be his buddy Hunter.

- Were there any stories of Stone Cold being over protective of his spot during his heyday?

Yes.

• Paid Members
- Have Vince McMahon and Jeff Jarrett ended their feud?

It's not really a feud is it? Their association ended acrimoniously and neither has had a reason or desire to work with the other since.

- Why did Randy Orton win the belt at Summerslam 04 than drop it the next month to HHH?

Because they wanted to start building sympathy for Randy so he could embark on a lengthy chase that would end at 'Mania.

- How come Scott Steiner wasn't apart of WM 19?

Because he was shit/not over.

- Why was CM Punk, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Rey Mysterio, etc. all made to look really bad when they won the World Heavyweight or WWE Championship. Shouldn't they be booked strong since they are champions?

You would think.