UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Anybody remember when Jim Duggan turned "Canadian" in WCW? What was that all about? Did it last long? Did he feud with anybody? How did he get himself dragged back to the warm bosom of the USA?

Thanks.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
Anybody remember when Jim Duggan turned "Canadian" in WCW? What was that all about? Did it last long? Did he feud with anybody? How did he get himself dragged back to the warm bosom of the USA?

Thanks.

He turned on Hugh 'General Rection' Morris and the Misfits in Action and joined Team Canada It was pure Russo booking, thinking Duggan turning on the USA would be shocking and crazy, when actually no one really cared. It lasted about 8 weeks, and then Duggan eventually disappeared, thankfully. It was the absolute pits.

Earlier this year PWG ran a show featuring RVD and Justin Liger to name a few does anyone know if it was released on DVD ? Thanks and sorry if the answer is easy to find somewhere else just being lazy :)

Edited by PBW_ROSS

Does anybody have any articles/press releases/general mentions of WWE's so-called 'banned words'?

Not 100% sure this is what you're referring to, but this is a list of words Vince McMahon prohibits WWE announcers from using, according to James Guttnam in his book World Wrestling Insanity:

Belt

Strap

Feud

Backstage

Acrobatics

Me/I

War

Insider terms such as Blown Up, Shoot, Rib etc

Performance

Choreograph

International

Interesting

House Show

Title Shot(s)

Pro Wrestling

Pro Wrestler

• Paid Members
Does anybody have any articles/press releases/general mentions of WWE's so-called 'banned words'?

Not 100% sure this is what you're referring to, but this is a list of words Vince McMahon prohibits WWE announcers from using, according to James Guttnam in his book World Wrestling Insanity:

Belt

Strap

Feud

Backstage

Acrobatics

Me/I

War

Performance

Choreograph

International

Interesting

House Show

Title Shot(s)

Pro Wrestling

Pro Wrestler

Excellent, exactly what I was looking for, and by chance I actually have that book. Thanks.

Earlier this year PWG ran a show featuring RVD and Justin Liger to name a few does anyone know if it was released on DVD ? Thanks and sorry if the answer is easy to find somewhere else just being lazy :)

check out higspots.com, and the show is called Kurt-Russellmania!

• Paid Members

can any one link me to a short film that revolves around a load of old British wrester's meeting on the late bus?

Edit-

I've got it. sorry about that Edited by Tommy!

Belt

Strap

Feud

Backstage

Acrobatics

Me/I

War

Performance

Choreograph

International

Interesting

House Show

Title Shot(s)

Pro Wrestling

Pro Wrestler

Excellent, exactly what I was looking for, and by chance I actually have that book. Thanks.

You can add "finish" to that list - Todd Grisham got into a world of shit for using that in an interview.

• Paid Members
can any one link me to a short film that revolves around a load of old British wrester's meeting on the late bus?

Edit-

I've got it. sorry about that

This sometimes appears on the Sky Movies channels. Keep an eye out for it! :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Edit-

I've got it. sorry about that

This sometimes appears on the Sky Movies channels. Keep an eye out for it! :thumbsup:

Will do, it was actually quite good I thought. Some funny stuff there. I found it quicker on youtube than I'd have expected given I didn't know the name

A bit of a long winded question here, but I was wondering if anybody could give me recommendations for a few Indy companies?

What I've seen from ROH, PWG and FIP has been brief, and has mostly contained CM Punk, but I'm hoping somebody could just tell me a couple of dvd's to get from each company?

I only want a few from each, to test the waters, so I'd be greatful if somebody could list some of their personal favourites. I'd also like to know the name of a good and recent ROH dvd, and I was wondering if anybody knew where to track down official Japanese DVD's, such as Dragon Gate Japan and Noah.

Thanks.