UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I'm looking to build up a WCW Collection on DVD, and can't be bothered with the hassle of tracking down videotapes. I primarily want PPV's but am also looking for TV Shows.

Can anybody direct me to a trustworthy ioffer seller that sells this stuff? I'm looking for good quality DVD's with the best picture possible.

I'm doing exactly the same thing, ioffer user Wrestlingfan4u is like a savior. You can get all the TV Seasons in great quality, and the PPVs. If you want to pay a bit extra he does some nice cover artwork for the PPVs.

I'm looking to build up a WCW Collection on DVD, and can't be bothered with the hassle of tracking down videotapes. I primarily want PPV's but am also looking for TV Shows.

Can anybody direct me to a trustworthy ioffer seller that sells this stuff? I'm looking for good quality DVD's with the best picture possible.

If you want a UK-based, reliable provider of WCW (and many other promotions) DVDs, PM me and I'll give you details of a terrific seller I've been dealing with for years now.

You are far better looking for a UK based trader/shiller. The vast majority who shill season sets, PPVs etc over on ioffer can be found through trading boards and their prices are an awful lot cheaper on those boards than for what they sell at on ioffer.

• Paid Members
I remember reading in Power Slam years ago about how one of WCW top wrestler's convinced The Great Muta to stay heel so that they didn't outshine them, who was the wrestler? I always assumed it was Flair seeing as he was a face around about that time but I'm not sure

According to Gary Hart's autobiography, the plan at Clash 9 (Flair/Funk 'I Quit') for the finish was for Funk to quit, Hart to then get mad at the Funker, Funk to then attack Hart, and Muta to come to Hart's aid. Later down the line Hart would double cross Muta, side with Funk and then turn Muta face.

Hart claims that at the last minute he was double crossed by the 'Booking Commitee', who switched the 'I Quit' match to an 'I Quit wrestling' match as they tried to retire Funk for good. The Booking Commitee at that time consisted of Ole Anderson, Jim Barnett, Jim Cornette, Ric Flair, Eddie Gilbert, Jim Herd, Jim Ross and Kevin Sullivan.

In another note, it was Flair who determined the finishes for Starcade 89 and decreed he should go over Muta in under 2 minutes. He had decided that Muta would put over Sting and himself, then when Gary Hart was told of this, he joked about having Muta lose all three matches and kill him there. Flair was overjoyed when this response got back to him, agreed, and Muta who was undefeated up until that night proceeded to lose all three matches on the pay per view and had his credibility destroyed in the process.

Cheers, so much for Flair being selfless then

Exactly, but hey we are supposed to forget all about that.

If questioned on it now Flair would no doubt try to blame someone else or claim he was going through another "confidence crisis" which as we now know through the benefit of hindsight means "I can't be arsed anymore but need the money - lets blame Russo".

Did The Ultimate Warrior cut promos or get interviewed at any of these PPV's (or TV show in the case of Royal Rumble 88, if you want) -

Summerslam 89, 90, 91

Wrestlemania 5 & 7

Survivor Series 88, 89, 91, 92

Royal Rumble 88, 89, 91

I don't have any of these events nearby to check myself, any help greatly appreciated.

Edited by Cannibal Man

• Paid Members
Did The Ultimate Warrior cut promos or get interviewed at any of these PPV's (or TV show in the case of Royal Rumble 88, if you want) -

Summerslam 89, 90, 91

Wrestlemania 5 & 7

Royal Rumble 88, 89, 91

I don't have any of these events nearby to check myself, any help greatly appreciated.

At Royal Rumble 91, he came out for an interview segment with Sherri/Mene Gene, where Sherri tried to talk him into giving Savage a title shot at a later date. After rejecting Sherri's advances and turning her and Savage down, Savage then cost Warrior the belt later on that night.

Summerslam 89, 90, 91

Wrestlemania 5 & 7

Royal Rumble 88, 89, 91

At Royal Rumble 91, he came out for an interview segment with Sherri/Mene Gene, where Sherri tried to talk him into giving Savage a title shot at a later date. After rejecting Sherri's advances and turning her and Savage down, Savage then cost Warrior the belt later on that night.

Cheers, done a bit of research and the list now looks like -

Summerslam 90, 91

I know Sid and Slaughter got interviewed at Summerslam 90 but can't find owt with Hogan and Warrior.

Edited by Cannibal Man

• Paid Members
Cheers, done a bit of research and the list now looks like -

Summerslam 90, 91

I know Sid and Slaughter got interviewed at Summerslam 90 but can't find owt with Hogan and Warrior.

You can eliminate Survivor Series 91 and 92 as Warrior was gone from the WWF when these both went down.

And I think at Survivor Series 89 a lot of the wrestlers did promos at the start of the show saying what they were thankful for and Warrior was one of these (Dusty Rhodes was thankful for his polka dots :laugh: )

• Paid Members

Summerslam 89, 90, 91

Wrestlemania 5 & 7

Royal Rumble 88, 89, 91

I can't remember off the top of my head if they interview Warrior at WrestleMania V.

I think they interview Warrior both prior to and following his win over Rick Rude at SummerSlam 89.

You get double value from Warrior on Survivor Series 89 as he cut an excellent nonsenscial promo with the rest of his team, getting his hands all over The Rockers' hair and Anvil's beard, in addition to his rant about what he was thankful for (still don't know).

They interview him (complete with disgustingly coloured WWF title strap) at SummerSlam 90 before his cage match with Rude.

As mentioned, he screams at Sherri and later conducts an interview ahead of his loss to Sgt Laughter at Royal Rumble, but I believe an interview with him is conspicuous by its absence on the WrestleMania VII home video release.

He is indeed interviewed along with Hulkster at SummerSlam 91, IIRC choosing to talk about Jake and Undertaker rather than his opponents in the match which made it seem fairly inconsequential. I guess it was, in fairness.

Edited by air_raid_crash

• Paid Members

Has Fin Martin and Power Slam ever had any connections or done any sort of 'business' over the years with Dave Meltzer? They've been around for so long, and both have been such a big part of the wresting press I'd imagine they've been in contact at least a few times since the early 90s.