UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Moderators
How many televised matches have their been between The Rock vs Stone Cold?

Graham Cawthorn's site says "Hello"! Knock "History of WWE" into google and you've got show results from the 60's on.

Edited by ButchReedMark

• Paid Members

If you're thinking of the Raw after In Your House Degeneration X, I don't know if that can be considered a match. Austin refused to wrestle so Vince just awarded the title to the Rock.

• Paid Members
Can anyone pimp me some good comedy matches (ideally WWF/E)?

Great American Bash 2006 I think: Cruiserweight Open Invitational. It's a fairly decent match with a comedy ending.

Also, I love The Rock vs Shawn Stasiak from Smackdown 13/09/2001.

Was watching some old Ravens Flock in WCW and Tenay mentioned a "Toughman/NHB" Division, this was in 1997 and was anythng really made of this?

There was definately a period when Bischoff was looking to bring in a group of legit MMA fighters, however the only name I remember as a cert was Don Frye. It is on one of the old Wrestling Observer Lives where Frye was a guest, and he tells a great tale about how he met with Eric Bischoff for lunch to discuss him joining WCW. Ernest Miller was either already with Bischoff or turned up late, then Miller started spouting off about how he would win the UFC as he would knock every one out. Frye started saying that he wouldn't knock him out, and Miller responds by saying they have never had a true world class kickboxer in the UFC, to which Frye responded with Maurice Smith. Miller kinda dismissed Smith, and was again spouting his own credentials and how he would knock everyone out. At which point Frye had enough of Miller, got in his face, and offered him outside there and then. No fight occurred, but that was the end of Frye for WCW, and probably also put the nail in the proposed MMA division. Frye also mentioned that due to his actions, WCW didn't even pay any of his bills.

• Paid Members
Was watching some old Ravens Flock in WCW and Tenay mentioned a "Toughman/NHB" Division, this was in 1997 and was anythng really made of this?

There was definately a period when Bischoff was looking to bring in a group of legit MMA fighters, however the only name I remember as a cert was Don Frye. It is on one of the old Wrestling Observer Lives where Frye was a guest, and he tells a great tale about how he met with Eric Bischoff for lunch to discuss him joining WCW. Ernest Miller was either already with Bischoff or turned up late, then Miller started spouting off about how he would win the UFC as he would knock every one out. Frye started saying that he wouldn't knock him out, and Miller responds by saying they have never had a true world class kickboxer in the UFC, to which Frye responded with Maurice Smith. Miller kinda dismissed Smith, and was again spouting his own credentials and how he would knock everyone out. At which point Frye had enough of Miller, got in his face, and offered him outside there and then. No fight occurred, but that was the end of Frye for WCW, and probably also put the nail in the proposed MMA division. Frye also mentioned that due to his actions, WCW didn't even pay any of his bills.

Frye's incredibly lucky that Miller didnt step outside. The Cat is a THREE TIME WORLD KARATE CHAMPION. And a great dancer. He'd have stunned Frye with a one-liner and kicked him in the jaw while he was still groggy from witnessing a James Brown shuffle.

If you're thinking of the Raw after In Your House Degeneration X, I don't know if that can be considered a match. Austin refused to wrestle so Vince just awarded the title to the Rock.

He probably thinking of The Raw before Wrestlemania 14 when they wrestled.

I seem to recall around Wrestlemania 10 a Ladder match between HBK vs Razor. Why didnt Shawn wrestle on TV again until September 1994 on Raw vs razor?

I seem to recall around Wrestlemania 10 a Ladder match between HBK vs Razor. Why didnt Shawn wrestle on TV again until September 1994 on Raw vs razor?

I'm not sure as to why he didn't wrestle all summer but in Sean Waltman and Scott Hall shoots they both say that Shawn used to like taking the summers off while laughing. Take it for what you will.

I'm not sure as to why he didn't wrestle all summer but in Sean Waltman and Scott Hall shoots they both say that Shawn used to like taking the summers off while laughing. Take it for what you will.

Probably because it was Sunny

Frye's incredibly lucky that Miller didnt step outside. The Cat is a THREE TIME WORLD KARATE CHAMPION. And a great dancer. He'd have stunned Frye with a one-liner and kicked him in the jaw while he was still groggy from witnessing a James Brown shuffle.

I thought at first you were actually going to voice a serious opinion that Ernest Miller could take Frye in a fight. :laugh:

Don Frye would have smashed Ernest Miller to smithereens. Scott Steiner too. Anyone in wrestling at that time, in fact. Frye is just a hard, hard bastard.