UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Does anyone know if the fire incident involving Cactus Jack and Terry Funk in ECW back in 1995 made it to video? always wanted to see it since I read about it many moons ago

Or even a link to watch it online which would be better

Thats so weird, I just can into the topic to ask this. I think it was after a Cactus vs Dreamer match but I'm not sure.

When was the last time Undertaker opened a PPV? Before NWO 2009 I mean.

He was definitely never part of a first match on ppv in the 90's.

I'm not as sure about this decade but I don't think it ever happened until last week.

What happened with the Wrestling Channel on sky? it was awesome when it 1st started and had TNA,ROH,CZW, Classic Japan matches etc

The quality of the programming went downhill and started showing shitty mma promotions so I stopped tuning in then all of a sudden it dissapeared from my sky box

Edited by BxB Hulk

• Paid Members
What happened with the Wrestling Channel on sky? it was awesome when it 1st started and had TNA,ROH,CZW, Classic Japan matches etc

The quality of the programming went downhill and started showing shitty mma promotions so I stopped tuning in then all of a sudden it dissapeared from my sky box

The Fight Network bought it over, then shut it down a few months ago.

Does anyone know if the fire incident involving Cactus Jack and Terry Funk in ECW back in 1995 made it to video? always wanted to see it since I read about it many moons ago

Thats so weird, I just can into the topic to ask this. I think it was after a Cactus vs Dreamer match but I'm not sure.

The "match" itself was shown in clips on the TV show with Tommy Dreamer narrating the whole thing. It was a pretty creative way round the fact that legally, it would have been a major risk to show the incident itself on TV since the fan who got burned was suing the company. Since that lawsuit didn't get settled until years later, by which time the company probably didn't see any benefits in letting anyone see it, it was never released at all.

Given that the crucifixion tapes "were destroyed" and yet miraculously showed up in time to make the WWE DVD, I assume the footage exists in some form, somewhere. Whether it will ever see the light of day or not is another question. My guess is no.

• Paid Members

The "match" itself was shown in clips on the TV show with Tommy Dreamer narrating the whole thing. It was a pretty creative way round the fact that legally, it would have been a major risk to show the incident itself on TV since the fan who got burned was suing the company. Since that lawsuit didn't get settled until years later, by which time the company probably didn't see any benefits in letting anyone see it, it was never released at all.

Given that the crucifixion tapes "were destroyed" and yet miraculously showed up in time to make the WWE DVD, I assume the footage exists in some form, somewhere. Whether it will ever see the light of day or not is another question. My guess is no.

Thanks very much for that Kenny, I did wonder why I'd never seen it in all these years.

Edited by bumclasshero

Does anyone know where I can get some decent mods for WWF No Mercy? I keep seeing youtube videos of the like for people who've hacked emulators to turn the game into ROH vs. TNA, and other variations of that, but I can't find any links that work.

I think alot of the mods on youtube are playing it via pc emulation, using a program called Mugen or possibly even Fighter Maker, which is also really popular for putting Mortal Kombat characters on Street Fighter and vice versa etc.