UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
This supposedly happened during the time that Michaels was out for around four years, and I remember people saying it was one of the reasons why he had no need, financially, to bother trying to come back.

I hadn't heard the story of the will, though that seems to have been corroborated by daztraction.

During the four-year lay-off he was still receiving a fair bit of cash. (As best I recall, his downside at the time of his injury was reported to be $650k, which translates as $12.5k a week whilst he was injured.)

I remember reading somewhere seemingly reputable that when the cost-cutting measures post purchase of WCW came in, whoever was told to look at where to reduce downsides was told by McMahon that he was not to touch Shawn's, which came across as strange to him since he was cutting the lesser salaries of active members of the roster yet was forbidden to cut the bigger salary of someone inactive.

This being the case, he was perfectly financially stable during the lay-off and didn't need to come back. He genuinely doesn't need to work, but has delayed time off/retirement over the last couple of years at McMahon's request when other people are injured.

I remember reading somewhere seemingly reputable that when the cost-cutting measures post purchase of WCW came in, whoever was told to look at where to reduce downsides was told by McMahon that he was not to touch Shawn's, which came across as strange to him since he was cutting the lesser salaries of active members of the roster yet was forbidden to cut the bigger salary of someone inactive.

Though I never knew he was under any kind of contract, I could understand that up until the WCW purchase because he was still coming in for one or two shots a year to do spots on commentary or guest referee, etc.

But I'm surprised they carried on paying him through 2001 when it is (now) well known that he was scheduled to be a big part of WM-X7 until he turned up fucked out of his mind on drugs and was sent home.

As this was only weeks before the WCW purchase, I would have thought Vince would have seen dropping Michaels as an obvious cost-cutting measure.

Does anyone know what RVD is doing now or if he plans to return to WWE or go to TNA? The last thing I heard him doing was working for IGF v Necro Butcher and Kendo Ka Shin. Thanks in advance

Should answer everything for ya :)http://www.robvandam.com/

EDIT: well, it would if it wasnt so hideously behind on news, last I saw of him was on Hogans CCW program that just finished. Wiki has his last match as that IGF one. Theres talk of him coming to the UK March/April time. He has signed up to appear for American Ramage across Europe in March/April as well.

Cheers klown. I tried the site before asking and noticed it was hideously behind. I didnt know he was on CCW. Im guessing hes just not that interested in wrestling at the minute, as last I heard he was wife was pretty sick.

• Paid Members
But I'm surprised they carried on paying him through 2001 when it is (now) well known that he was scheduled to be a big part of WM-X7 until he turned up fucked out of his mind on drugs and was sent home.

This is the first i've heard of this. What was the whole story?

Michaels and Triple H both talk (separately) about it on the 'Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak & Triumph' documentary dvd.

HHH told Shawn to go home because he was so messed up, and HBK kicked off leading to them not talking for over a year after that.

• Paid Members
As this was only weeks before the WCW purchase, I would have thought Vince would have seen dropping Michaels as an obvious cost-cutting measure.

I suppose a response depends on your line of thinking. There's the case that people have suggested that Michaels had some weird psychosexual hold over McMahon.

I'd look at it rather that Vince didn't have to cut costs, and so was loyal to a man who "broke his back" for the company and, like Undertaker, was a mid-90s main-eventer that didn't flee to WCW, when there was plenty of opportunity to head there.

Near enough what Dopper said.

Michaels was scheduled to appear on TV during the night of the RAW/Nitro simulcast. Hunter, Taker and others were in Vince's office to watch the show on the screen when Shawn stumbled in, totally pilled up, drooling everywhere. Taker looked at Hunter and said "Can you believe this?" Hunter tried to get Shawn out of there but Vince saw him and told Hunter to find him and tell him he was done. Shawn cut a promo on Hunter for not sticking up for him and didn't speak to him until a year later, when he had become religious and discussed things with Nash, who directed him to talk to Hunter and apologise.

Edited by Ronnie

• Paid Members

I suppose a response depends on your line of thinking. There's the case that people have suggested that Michaels had some weird psychosexual hold over McMahon.

I'd look at it rather that Vince didn't have to cut costs, and so was loyal to a man who "broke his back" for the company and, like Undertaker, was a mid-90s main-eventer that didn't flee to WCW, when there was plenty of opportunity to head there.

Michaels was scheduled to appear on TV during the night of the RAW/Nitro simulcast. Hunter, Taker and others were in Vince's office to watch the show on the screen when Shawn stumbled in, totally pilled up, drooling everywhere. Taker looked at Hunter and said "Can you believe this?". Hunter tried to get Shawn out of there but Vince saw him.and told Hunter to find him and tell him he was done. Shawn cut a promo on Hunter for not sticking up for him and didn't speak to him until a year later, when he had become religious and discussed things with Nash, who directed him to talk to Hunter and apologise.

And they all lived happily ever after. The End.

Also what comic book is the Jushin Lyger character based on?

Thanks in advance.

It was from an Anime series called, funnily enough, Jushin Liger. Look, here's the opening sequence! Liger's first ring costume was closer to the anime character.

I could be wholly wrong, but my recollection is that the anime character "evolved" from plain old Jushin Liger (which was Liger's ring name under that original gimmick) to Jushin Thunder Liger in the comics and/or TV show, with the wrestling character following suit and changing his, er, suit.

Michaels was scheduled to appear on TV during the night of the RAW/Nitro simulcast. Hunter, Taker and others were in Vince's office to watch the show on the screen when Shawn stumbled in, totally pilled up, drooling everywhere. Taker looked at Hunter and said "Can you believe this?". Hunter tried to get Shawn out of there but Vince saw him.and told Hunter to find him and tell him he was done. Shawn cut a promo on Hunter for not sticking up for him and didn't speak to him until a year later, when he had become religious and discussed things with Nash, who directed him to talk to Hunter and apologise.

And they all lived happily ever after. The End.

Apart from Bret.

Thanks in advance.

It was from an Anime series called, funnily enough, Jushin Liger. Look, here's the opening sequence! Liger's first ring costume was closer to the anime character.

Thanks in advance.

I could be wholly wrong, but my recollection is that the anime character "evolved" from plain old Jushin Liger (which was Liger's ring name under that original gimmick) to Jushin Thunder Liger in the comics and/or TV show, with the wrestling character following suit and changing his, er, suit.

:thumbsup: . Thanks for the info guys and the video.