The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

In a strange way, I don't find his stuff any more hilarious than the current Government telling us that "we're all in this together". That statement right there belongs in the same company as lizard men.

Even if neither statement is true, surely you can see how the former statement is at least more parsimonious than the latter? There is reasonable warrant to believe that 'we' and 'this' exist, while the same cannot be said of 'lizard men'.

Of course I can. I was simply using the situation to point out how ridiculous some of the shit that we hear from so-called respected members of Government is.

Some people decided to read a bit more into a throwaway comment than I'd thought they would.

• Paid Members

Something that I think was referred to earlier in this thread was UVB-76 and number stations.

Well, they're doing a documentary about them and here's a trailer for it:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=WbU9bQBEAg4

• 3 weeks later...

9P5yt.jpg

I just got an email from David Icke's website. Apparently the guy is doing a tour at the end of next year which includes dates in places like Hawaii, along with a date at London's Wembley Arena.

I remember a few short years ago he was doing his thing in front of a handful of sniggering people in local church halls in small towns. Now he's selling tickets at a minimum of

• Moderators
9P5yt.jpg

I just got an email from David Icke's website. Apparently the guy is doing a tour at the end of next year which includes dates in places like Hawaii, along with a date at London's Wembley Arena.

I remember a few short years ago he was doing his thing in front of a handful of sniggering people in local church halls in small towns. Now he's selling tickets at a minimum of

Even up to pretty recently, he had a Paypal donate link on his front page, begging for money, because he'd lost the rights to his books and wasn't getting a penny in royalties.

Seriously? I only ever heard the usual line about how buying direct from his website ensures that all money goes direct to him etc.

• Moderators
How did he lose the rights to his own books?

It was something along the lines of "an ex-friend and business partner screwed me :angry: " and I think they were essentially self/vanity published deals, so possibly the ex-friend was the publisher. The Paypal donate thing was so he could continue to spread the truth, and afford to take the guy to court so he could get them back. The bloody Man again!

To be fair, the Paypal donate thing is reasonable enough. Anyone who's into his stuff can chip in if they want new material every few months. When you get right down to it, he's providing an entertainment service, isn't he? It can be dressed up however you like, but that's what it is really. You buy his books, visit his site, watch the DVD's and so forth.

He's an entertainer of sorts.

• Paid Members
How did he lose the rights to his own books?

It was something along the lines of "an ex-friend and business partner screwed me :angry: " and I think they were essentially self/vanity published deals, so possibly the ex-friend was the publisher. The Paypal donate thing was so he could continue to spread the truth, and afford to take the guy to court so he could get them back. The bloody Man again!

But if he's the writer, then he's the copyright holder and he can re-publish that material elsewhere in a manner that benefits his pockets more.