The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• Moderators
Didn't Matt Bellamy make the last Muse album after spending ages reading into conspiracy theories?

I remember a couple of years ago hearing a tape of a really famous celebrity talking on the radio about how 911 was an inside job and being really shocked. As I've said many times, that way, madness lies.

It was Charlie Sheen.

When I'm bored at work I often read stuff on Wikipedia, and this is a good collection of pages:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Urban_legends

Some goodies in there, including

the water-fuelled car

unrine indicator dye in swimming pools

Buried Treasure!!

You can't see the Wall of China from space

An attempt to get us back to more fun Fortean things, though it's worth noting the villainous publication Popular Mechanics is often the culprit for debunking the more technological ones, even though that presumably takes time away from its main aim of covering up the 9/11 bombings ;)

• Paid Members

I don't mind admitting I thought this was a real thing some pools do, I guess a lot of people probably think that. Am I only only one who thinks pissing in a swimming pool is disgusting? My mates does it a lot :angry:

• Moderators

I don't mind admitting I thought this was a real thing some pools do, I guess a lot of people probably think that. Am I only only one who thinks pissing in a swimming pool is disgusting? My mates does it a lot :angry:

Does he do it off the high-dive board? Into your mouth as you're yawning? If so, yeah, that is a bit off.

• Paid Members

Does he do it off the high-dive board? Into your mouth as you're yawning? If so, yeah, that is a bit off.

No, however the first time he confessed to doing it the realisation hit me that his piss could have been the warm patch I swam through :(

• Paid Members

I cant understand the "conspiracy" behind this all to be honest. A Huge Plane Crashed into a stupidly tall building and it fell down.......makes sense to me.

On a related note i suppose, some US government bloke was on telly a while back saying he thought it was an inside job, that Osama some-how worked for the government, had been dead for a while (before the reported him being shot etc) and would happily go to court to testify all of this. Crazy fool.

If these conspiracy/truthers took a little time out to lookup how the twin towers were made then I think they'd understand a little better on as to why they felled. As people have said planes hit them and the aftermath of the damage that they caused led to the collapse.

It isn't as straightforward as that but it's the truth.

I've always been fascinated by tall buildings and slowly more information has come out of the past few years going into depth about how the twin towers were made, from what I've read up on, the evidence reports to that there was no way an outer load bearing steel building could withstand and safely be repaired to a functioning standard after a plane or serious incident occurred to its frame. Especially with magnitude of size and weight these buildings stood.

Also the buildings would have had to be taken down at somepoint in the future, even if they stood today, I don't think they would have had a lifespan longer than 50 years in them. The cost of maintaining them, modernisation and bringing them up to current day health and safety standards would not be worth it.

• Moderators

My favourite theory is that the building was taken down with explosives and/or missiles. All the TV footage of the planes and subsequent photos are fake. Also all the accounts on the day are fake. The real planes are being held in Alaska or something and the people on board being held in a NWO camp.

My favourite theory is that the building was taken down with explosives and/or missiles. All the TV footage of the planes and subsequent photos are fake. Also all the accounts on the day are fake. The real planes are being held in Alaska or something and the people on board being held in a NWO camp.

Quality, I'd love to see them piece it all together or the reasoning behind the accusations.

Also, how do you fake a real plane crashing into a building?