The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

To put it bluntly, none.

Thanks for the honest and prompt reply.

Your opinion on this subject is perfectly valid but would you agree that it isn't perhaps as valid as others who have spent time looking at the independent research that has gone into 9/11? That's not to say that looking at said evidence wouldn't strengthen your own convictions about 9/11 not being an inside job but it would certainly add weight to your opinion because you could say that you had dedicated a little time into examining the event.

None of us want to believe that our own governments or the powerful elite that manipulate our elected officials are content to murder their own people to further their own agendas of greed and profit, but looking at the evidence out there it's a frighteningly real possibility.

My two cents on 9/11 is that whilst I do not believe the conspiracy theories of abducted aeroplanes, missiles or detonated buildings. I do believe Bush is highly incompetant and ignored the reports he got about the attacks, then used the attacks as a excuse for declaring war for his own needs like Oil and a higher approval rating, lets not forget Bush is the most clueless leader of our generation.

I would not be completely shocked to learn that Bush and the goverment knew that 9/11 was going to happen beforehand and had a hand in it, but there is no concrete evidence of that and I doubt any will ever come out.

A BBC show a few weeks ago really showed a lot of the theories as being pure fantasy, I also dont believe 7/7 was a inside job by Labour like Alex Jones claims.

Is that good enough for you?

The question is, "is that good enough for you?". That's all that matters.

You've looked at the research in a balanced manner and drawn your own conclusions after fair deliberation. That's what we all need to do imo, rather than composing opinions without looking at both sides of the argument. Sincere, mature, well educated and experienced people stand on both sides of the 9/11 fence. It doesn't hurt to question what our governments or the media tell us. It's a healthy aspect of democracy.

I can't believe people are arguing that 9/11 was an inside job. There are no words to describe how rubbish that opinion is.

Serious question. Approximately how much time have you spent examining the independent research dedicated to 9/11 before coming to the conclusion that said event wasn't an inside job?

• Paid Members
Serious question. Approximately how much time have you spent examining the independent research dedicated to 9/11 before coming to the conclusion that said event wasn't an inside job?

The independent research you talk about is conducted by absolute mongs, and spread like a shit seed across a field of prats by people like Dynamite Duane. Anyone with half a brain doesn't take any of that research seriously, let alone spend their precious time examining it as if any of it could be real.

I don't know how many innocent people have to die, or how many buildings need to be blown up by terrorists before it can finally be agreed that "yeah maybe it was the terrorists that have been proven to do it", but the only thing people like you, and Duane and every other tinfoil wearing spaz does is annoy the victims, affected, and general public with your inane shite.

The government might be one of the most powerful things in the world, and George Bush might have been a retard, but there is a 0% chance that he'd fly a pair of fucking planes into a landmark full of innocent people in his own country.

The major problem is the scale of highjacking of 4 planes, keeping it secret, misleading the public & crashing them, it's simply not possible, it's too big.

See a lot of conspiracy theorists thing the government is some kind of perfect organisation capable of directing such large scale plots, when they really aren't, if they truly did have that amount of influence things would be so much different.

The question is, "is that good enough for you?". That's all that matters.

Yes, it is, and I'll explain why.

It doesn't hurt to question what our governments or the media tell us. It's a healthy aspect of democracy.

Absolutely.

Sincere, mature, well educated and experienced people stand on both sides of the 9/11 fence.

That's where I'd disagree. Sincere, sure, but the standards of proof required by those who believe it WAS stages by the US is, frankly, a lot lower than those on the other side. Most of the theories seemed to isolate one fact from its surrounding context, and build massive theoretical constructs on it, or often build them on no evidence at all.

I remain open to the possibility of a conspiracy - but I would need something substantial and verifiable to suggest it was, and I'm afraid there just isn't any.

EDIT: big Dodgy fan :)

Edited by Loki

The independent research you talk about is conducted by absolute mongs, and spread like a shit seed across a field of prats by people like Dynamite Duane. Anyone with half a brain doesn't take any of that research seriously, let alone spend their precious time examining it as if any of it could be real.

I don't know how many innocent people have to die, or how many buildings need to be blown up by terrorists before it can finally be agreed that "yeah maybe it was the terrorists that have been proven to do it", but the only thing people like you, and Duane and every other tinfoil wearing spaz does is annoy the victims, affected, and general public with your inane shite.

The government might be one of the most powerful things in the world, and George Bush might have been a retard, but there is a 0% chance that he'd fly a pair of fucking planes into a landmark full of innocent people in his own country.

So all the architects, scientists, engineers etc who disagree with your own views on 9/11 are, ahem, "absolute mongs"? Again, sincere, mature, well educated and experienced people stand on both sides of the 9/11 fence. Why do you think that is? Why do you think that there are people in the world who question the official 9/11 story?

You didn't answer my previous question (see post #1075) so I'll assume that you've spent very little time looking into 9/11. You talked about your "precious time" in your previous post. I think that this subject is worthy of everyone's time. 9/11 was a world shaping event that will live in infamy forever. It changed all of our lives in one way or another. Trying to understand globally important events isn't a waste of time.

I don't think that anyone believes that Bush was responsible for and the mastermind behind 9/11, even "truthers" who buy into the 9/11 conspiracy.

That's where I'd disagree. Sincere, sure, but the standards of proof required by those who believe it WAS stages by the US is, frankly, a lot lower than those on the other side. Most of the theories seemed to isolate one fact from its surrounding context, and build massive theoretical constructs on it, or often build them on no evidence at all.

I remain open to the possibility of a conspiracy - but I would need something substantial and verifiable to suggest it was, and I'm afraid there just isn't any.

pigskinp.gif

I can respect that. :thumbsup:

None of us want to believe that our own governments or the powerful elite that manipulate our elected officials are content to murder their own people to further their own agendas of greed and profit

That's out and out bollocks. Every conspiracy nut wants to believe that -- that's why they believe it. It makes the world more exciting for them. They've not been forced into their tinfoil by a wealth of genuine evidence. As Loki's pointed out, the standards of proof required by the 9/11 mentals is a lot lower than that of people who don't think the Illuminati were behind it.

Again, sincere, mature, well educated and experienced people stand on both sides of the 9/11 fence.

False.

Why do you think that is?

It isn't.

Why do you think that there are people in the world who question the official 9/11 story?

Same reason there are people who question the moon landing, or think they've been abducted by aliens. Because they're mongs. Edit: Of course, "question the official 9/11 story" is an Internet synonym for "think Bilderberg done it." It's just reworded to make it more palatable, the same as when Creationists tried the Intelligent Design thing. Everybody is aware that official records have tried to cover up various fuck-ups and failures of the day (as has been the case for everything since records were kept), but it's only head-the-balls who believe in all the shite from the planned demolitions to the hologram planes.

Which "independent research" did you start "investigating 9/11" with yourself?

Edited by King Pitcos

False.

It's not false! How on earth can you say that there aren't sincere, mature and well educated people who question the official 9/11 story? Example:

Dr. Judy Wood, author of "Where Did The Towers Go?"

Judy D. Wood is a former professor of mechanical engineering with research interests in experimental stress analysis, structural mechanics, optical methods, deformation analysis, and the materials characterization of biomaterials and composite materials. She is a member of the Society for Experimental Mechanics (SEM), co-founded SEM