The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

Operation Northwoods never took place though, right?  It was a proposal that was shot down.  And reading about Tonkin, that was more a "who fired first" type situation as opposed to killing your own soldiers.

I think commonsense would suggest that it's unlikely the US inflicted the single greatest loss in their naval history on themselves.  I mean, I can accept that they might have been tempted to stage something to draw in the Japanese, but they would have come up with something less devastating than the sinking of most of the Pacific Fleet!

If they knew about it in advance, you would surely prepare to fend of the attack, and you'd still have a reason to retaliate.

Sorry, not buying that one!

You're not buying it from someone called Icke83? 

Ye sorry, I always find it hard choosing names for things e.g. message boards and the tunes I make.

As you can see i'm not a regular poster, more a lurker in the main forum and I was actually gonna sign up with a new name so my post wasn't just dismissed/undermined but hey ho..

• Paid Members

You're not buying it from someone called Icke83? 

Ye sorry, I always find it hard choosing names for things e.g. message boards and the tunes I make.

As you can see i'm not a regular poster, more a lurker in the main forum and I was actually gonna sign up with a new name so my post wasn't just dismissed/undermined but hey ho..

Sounds kind of semaphony to me.

It never came to fruition but it clearly demonstrates willingness amongst the powers that be to perpertrate such acts. We aren't talking low ranks here, the Joint Chiefs of Staffs were amongst the primary architects of Operation Northwoods and it got as far as the Secretary of Defence's desk for his signature.

Edited by icke83

Operation Northwoods never took place though, right?  It was a proposal that was shot down.  And reading about Tonkin, that was more a "who fired first" type situation as opposed to killing your own soldiers.

I think commonsense would suggest that it's unlikely the US inflicted the single greatest loss in their naval history on themselves.  I mean, I can accept that they might have been tempted to stage something to draw in the Japanese, but they would have come up with something less devastating than the sinking of most of the Pacific Fleet!

If they knew about it in advance, you would surely prepare to fend of the attack, and you'd still have a reason to retaliate.

Sorry, not buying that one!

Sorry didn't see your response. No it never took place but the proposal was signed off by the Chiefs of Staff and got as far as the Secretary of Defence for approval.

Less people were killed at Pearl Harbour than on 9/11 and apparently the US government had already withdrawn their newer ships and planes (which may offer another clue about where their priorities lie (money over people) so losses weren't too catastrophic, and when you take in to account the millions/billions made by these people in world war 2 (as with the war in Iraq after 9/11) after this event then you can see why people who may have a certain mindset would proceed.

I just read that foreknowledge of the event was verified so maybe there are some documents in the public record about it after all..

I'm certainly no expert on this stuff, but I think there is more than meets the eye to certain things, such as the decline in bee populations alongside the proliferation of GM foods for example. No bees = a reliance on GM food

And I do think there is a vastly disproportinate number of psychopaths in positions of power.

Edited by icke83

Anyway I just wanted to post some food for thought as I'd only recently seen the stuff by Thomas Sheridan about Psychos and I think it adds an extra dimension to these kind of conversations which most people (including myself until recently) hadn't considered or been exposed to previously.

It never came to fruition but it clearly demonstrates willingness amongst the powers that be to perpertrate such acts.

Surely that clearly demonstrates the lack of willingness to perpetrate such an act?  By your logic, if someone asks me to kill someone and I decline, that makes me capable of murder.

apparently the US government had already withdrawn their newer ships and planes

Source please?

The decline in bee population is to do with the pesticides being used on crops - there's plenty of scientific evidence to support this, to the extent that the EU has banned neonicotinoid pesticides, for example Whitehorn, P. R.; O'Connor, S.; Wackers, F. L.; Goulson, D. (2012). "Neonicotinoid Pesticide Reduces Bumble Bee Colony Growth and Queen Production". Science 336 (6079): 351–352

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/336/6079/351

No bees would be as disastrous to GM crops as any other, as they too need pollinating. If you want somewhere to direct your concern, I'd suggest lobbying the pesticide manufacturers!

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Pearl_Harbor_conspiracy_theory

It's rationalwiki and can be edited I know but it does a reasonable job of explaining/picking apart the PH conspiracy IMO.

This assertion, by the way, still leaves open the question of what sort of incredibly clever and competent conspiratorial leadership would sacrifice a large portion of the Pacific Ocean fleet, at enormous military and economic cost, in order to begin a naval war with an already-aggressive Pacific power.

Like most theories it looks interesting at a glance and set in stone to those who see conspiracies everywhere but falls flat on it's arse when scrutinized to any degree. I would never go as far as to say that there has never been a false flag attack but like Loki I'm not convinced by this one.

Anyway I just wanted to post some food for thought as I'd only recently seen the stuff by....

:laugh: Classic.

Can we just make an agreement to ban anyone who uses this phrase in conjunction with conspiracy stuff?

It's the truth. Btw no one has commented on any of the stuff related to psychopaths. No thoughts on it?

Have to say I go on forums where people with low post counts get accused of been shills/trolls etc. and they try in vain to convince people they are genuine etc. and it's interesting been on the receiving end of specitism about my motives.Maybe I should have signed up with a new username after all ;) Incidentally my username on the david icke forum is 'clinique' as i was struggling to choose a name as usual and my clinique aftershave was the first thing i saw on my shelf..

But it is what it is. I bought Thomas Sheridan's book Anvil of the psyche not so long back off Amazon and found his youtube stuff through that.

Edited by icke83

• Moderators

Yes yes.. I've read some of the "psycopaths in boardrooms" stuff as well and yes it extends to people in political power. I get the theory behind it, sure.

But what's your actual point in relation to that? I don't think you've made one that's why no one has commented on it.

• Paid Members

I'm also of the opinion that Pearl Harbour was a pretty clear cut false flag too in so much as the American's had forewarning of the attack and intercepted (and decoded) many communications from the Japanese prior to the attack, yet allowed it to happen

I wouldn't consider the "allowing it to happen" scenario as a false flag, as nobody was attacking their own forces/allies under the pretence of being the enemy.

Didn't something come out about US Intelligence/Security knowing about the '93 WTC bombing in advance?