Official Darts Thread

Dai

Ted would not have to go to Q School.

I think the last 4 at Lakeside get a offer of a tour card automatically.

Is that still the case? I know the semi-finalists last year were all offered tour cards but none of them (Wolfie, Phillips, Mr Coat, Winstanley) took them.

Typical bloody Beeb, finishing the broadcast so we don't get to hear Ted's post match interview.

Is that still the case? I know the semi-finalists last year were all offered tour cards but none of them (Wolfie, Phillips, Mr Coat, Winstanley) took them.

Typical bloody Beeb, finishing the broadcast so we don't get to hear Ted's post match interview.

Hmmm

On second thoughts maybe they are not offering it this year. I still think Hankey and Winstanley will jump, hopefully Waites will follow him. Tony Green sure did not hide that he wanted Kist to win did he?

I still think Hankey and Winstanley will jump, hopefully Waites will follow him. Tony Green sure did not hide that he wanted Kist to win did he?

Good old Uncle Tony, never shy about showing his loyalty to the BDO. As much as he is part of the Lakeside furniture, I do find his constant ignoring (unless it involves his good mate 'Eric') of the PDC both childish and petty. This of course the same Eric Bristow who is only too happy to tell you what he thinks of the BDO, the players, set up etc.

• Paid Members

Well, Martin Phillips is in his 50's, doesn't even travel to most of the BDO events and is a full-time dustman, so you can understand that one really. Dolgellau is miles away from any PDC floor events too so a load of travelling would be involved.

From BBC Sport:

Ted Hankey has announced he has quit the BDO for the PDC Tour in the aftermath of a thrilling defeat to Christian Kist in the World Championship semi-final.

Hankey lost 6-5 having led 5-3, complaining that he lost concentration when the air conditioning was turned on.

At long last !!!

I remember Hankey playing the likes of King, Baxter, Monk, Beaton, Barney etc......way back in the 90's in the BDO. One by one they all saw what they were missing and moved over to the PDC. He's the last of his era of players to jump really (I'm not including Martin Adams, we know where he stands).

Hope the others mentioned follow also.