Official Darts Thread

Dai

As was par for the course with the tournament this year, they all had their chances against him but Wolfie was steady for the duration of the tournament (just like last year) and everyone else faltered around him.

One of the West brothers had darts to go 2-0 up in sets but missed, John Walton won the bull off in the sudden death leg chucked in a ton but then followed that up with two throws of under 60, Martin Phillips was missing doubles galore, and Winstanley had plenty of chances.

Averages of around 90, not great, but what really gets me about Wolfie is now he is on about trying to equal Eric's three back to back World Titles. Is the guy so delusional? He plays 12 matches to win three Masters and considers himself on a par with Bob Anderson, whilst Brissy was beating the best players on the planet to win his World titles and the best players on the planet these days ply their trade in the PDC.

Well said in your post. Bar the Final, Adams never played a seed on route.

My beef with Adams is over a number of issues. He says that the PDC is "sports entertainment" yet Darts is Darts, and no matter how you paint over the cracks, facts are facts. The PDC players play more regularly on tour, the standards are far better at the top level, and he's just dillsional when it comes to saying that Eric was the best Darts player ever and just dismissing Phil Taylor which is most disrespectful.

Plus the man's an asshole for publicly slating James Wade for his drinking habits in a Darts publication. How dare the man do something like that regardless of his views on a player like Wade. Wade's Major titles in the PDC and the manor in which he won those Championships will forever make me completely ignore the "world" titles this Wolfy bloke has ever won in his career.

As for winning three Lakeside titles on the trot to beat Brissies record, then I'd urge any top PDC player who would be willing to sacrifice one year, and make the switch back to the BDO and take this man to the cleaners to avoid this travisity from occuring. This man does not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as a John Lowe, Eric Bristow and by god Phil Taylor, especially one who wins with a 90 average!

Edited by undercover elephant

Dave Chisnall went through the Qualifying School and earned a spot on the Pro Tour. As did Shane O'Connor, James Richardson ( who had won a total of 50 quid from playing darts ) and Shaun Griffiths.

I knew Chisnall had entered the School so glad to see him qualify from that. I'll go and check the Stars of Darts Forum shortly, but I am guessing that the other two big names to enter the Qualifying School (John Henderson and Pecker Woods) didn't progress through?

Dave Chisnall went through the Qualifying School and earned a spot on the Pro Tour. As did Shane O'Connor, James Richardson ( who had won a total of 50 quid from playing darts ) and Shaun Griffiths.

I knew Chisnall had entered the School so glad to see him qualify from that. I'll go and check the Stars of Darts Forum shortly, but I am guessing that the other two big names to enter the Qualifying School (John Henderson and Pecker Woods) didn't progress through?

Pecker Woods qualified for the PDC Tour on day two of the Qualifying School, as the school is over four days and four players qualify each day.

Turns out that all four of the semi-finalists from the Lakeside turned down the chance of a PDC Tour Card. Wolfie was no surprise, and really neither was Martin Phillips at this stage of his life. I would have thought Dekker and especially Winstanley would have given it a go mind.

I think Deano wasn't going to make the move across just yet. Ranked 1 in WDF now is he?!!

Think he still enjoys County level and is pretty high up in the stats. His choice, but glad to see another Pie Man look alike in big Hendo. Bring on Mervyn King at some point!

Edited by undercover elephant

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone catch the first week of the Premier League? Pretty interesting week:

- Taylor gettimg hammered by Lewis. Flu/exhaustion are two excuses Ive heard. Quite sad to see Taylor beat like that. Must be the lowest point of his career since the Manley defeat in the PL a few years back. I remember watching that match, and thinking it was all over for Taylor (maybe all that talk is in this thread somewhere). Got sort of the same feeling in this match.

- Wade and Whitlock both beaten. Crazy how many doubles Whitlock missed. Im sure Anderson didnt hit a treble in his first 15 darts in the final leg, yet still won. Wade looks like he needs to lose some weight. Hes getting a bit porky.