Official Darts Thread

Dai

barney not happy with a idiot in the crowd, anderson didn't look to happy either.

Any idea what was said? Barney looked like he just could get get to the doubles in time, no matter what he tried.

no clue m8, somebody on another forum said it was a racist remark not sure if thats true or not.

i think gary anderson has the final in the bag.

Mark Webster 5-2 Phil Taylor

Webster played an incredibly solid game of darts, basically making all of those "he can't win big matches" ( forgetting beating Whitlock 7-5 to WIN the Lakeside ) calls the heap of shite that we all knew they were. Even when Taylor turned it on, Webster just stuck with him. Webster struggled after he broke the darts in the first two sets, but after that, he was able to just get on with it. Finishing was solid as well. Not amazing. Missed a couple, but took a good percentage of his shots, which is what matters.

Oh, and :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anderson to win for me as well, so glad Taylor is out

After that shaky first set he got back on form, looks like he has finally mastered playing on the big stage and conqurered them nerves that haunted him at the lakeside for years

Watched Adams in the BDO Championship earlier on for quater of a hour, god its like two different worlds from the PDC, its so dull and lifeless, the lighting was dim and the darts whilst not bad where not up to PDC standard

I reckon Waites will end up in the PDC next year he is too good no to be playing the likes of Barney, Anderson, Lewis, Webster and Taylor on a regular basis

• Paid Members

I like watching the darts but not normally bothered if I miss it. I sky+ it tonight though because it was such a great night. Just watched it and not disappointed. Bloody wonderful from Anderson and Webster. Do John Gwynn and Syd Waffel piss off now he's out? Insufferable bastards. Great darts though. Webster's finishing was beautiful. If he'd thrown well some of the times he was in front, he could easily have won 5-0.

:D

• Paid Members

Brilliant. Just brilliant! Im sick of the Taylor parade that they do on every show. So glad that there will be a new PDC World Champ now. I've got a feeling it'll be Webster/Anderson in the final, with Webster winning it due to his final experience and Anderson bottling it.

When was the last time Taylor went out in the quarters in the Worlds?

Edited by Murtz

• Paid Members
When was the last time Taylor went out in the quarters in the Worlds?

2008. He's made the final every other time he's entered, which is phenomenal.

Oh yeah of course. For some reason I was thinking that was in the Semis.

The 5-2 scoreline really is a hammering. I wonder what the odds were for Taylor to lose 5-2 and Barney to lose 5-1.

My 12/1 bet on Gary Anderson winning outright is coming good thus far. By far the best player so far and looks the bet to win the Title.

Don't count out Mark Webster though. He's had a good couple of years at Ally Pally. He will have to up his average by at least 5 points to hit a 104/5 to match Jackpot. Anderson to win 6-0 on Jenkins and Lewis to win 6-4.

Barney is not the big game player anymore, and the rumours about Phil Taylor may be true!

The following quote I read this morning:

"I just heard a little rumour coming from mates in Stoke.

Apparently Taylor has had enough of being told what he can and cannot do by Hearn and the PDC.....Apparently Phil was told by pdc or hearn to do what ever with his family just make sure he honours his pdc commitments which apparently pissed him off as Phil put's family before darts.

Rumour says Taylor will see out his contract win or lose and then walk away, But don't expect the same Taylor in this time. Apparently Taylor fell out with a few folk at the pdc or sky a few months back, Don't know why though.

If I hear anymore to the rumour mill I will share soon as"

I'd be stunned if he beat Jenkins 6-0, I think he'll win 6-3. Jenkins is never a push over. I'd love Waites to be in the premier league, he really needs to come over as he can beat anyone in the PDC. I'd also rather see Webster instead of King. My ideal line up:

Taylor

Wade

Anderson

Whitlock

Barney

Lewis

Webster

Waites

Say Waites wins the lakeside can he legally jump to the PDC as Champion to enter the premier league?

I read in a magazine in WH Smiths a few months back that O Shea is interested in a PDC switch, also with Van Der Voots new found popularity dont count him out for a PL place

Edited by jimufctna24

King gets an automatic place as he's World No 6, then comes Jenkins and Baxter behind, but they are not in contention for a spot. Ando is currently No 11 but has surely earned one out of the two wild card slots. Webster is 25th but will climb a bunch of places after his run once again.

Edited by undercover elephant