All Star Wrestling results

The Dart

Blackpool Tower results Friday night.Eddie Edwards beat Dean 2 Xtreme with an assist from Bobby FishBen Levy defeated Robbie DynamiteLisa Fury beat RoxiDeano and Lightning Kid beat Bobby Fish and Eddie Edwards

Yeah Matey some croydon results for yaSmackdown Warrior defeated some next wrestler called corporal punishmentRenee Dupree beat DominoBen Levy and Kid Cool beat Flash Edwards And Bobby FishLias Fury beat Erin AngelThe next Generation beat Karl Kramer

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackpool Tower results Friday night.Eddie Edwards beat Dean 2 Xtreme with an assist from Bobby FishBen Levy defeated Robbie DynamiteLisa Fury beat RoxiDeano and Lightning Kid beat Bobby Fish and Eddie Edwards

Yeah Matey some croydon results for yaSmackdown Warrior defeated some next wrestler called corporal punishmentRenee Dupree beat DominoBen Levy and Kid Cool beat Flash Edwards And Bobby FishLias Fury beat Erin AngelThe next Generation beat Karl Kramer
Went to the show, enjoyed it, brief thoughts:*Crowd was definitely down on the last time I went to Croydon, which was January. I'm not the best estimator of these things, but I would guess 500. Decent atmosphere throughout, with the kids going pretty crazy at times.*Smackdown Warrior has got better since I last saw him (the aforementioned Croydon show in January). He's at the extent where he's now watchable if in there with the right guy. I'm not that sure who Corporal Punishment is, though I definitely recognised him, and he did a decent job of carrying SW through a basic contest, which served well as the opener. SW's showing a lot more interaction with the crowd now, and doesn't look as lost in there as he did previously. If he can continue to improve, he's got a shot of going far.*Renee Dupree was seriously pretty awesome in his contest with the dependable-enough Domino. Dupree used plenty of stalling tactics, but knew when to do what at the right time (this wasn't Larry Z-style stuff). He was easily 100-times more interesting than in anything I ever saw him do in WWE, and would be interested to see what he can do on non-ASW British shows.*Tag match would have sat well on any show anywhere, because it was really, really good - a definite cut above much of what you'll see on an All-Star show. Working over here is definitely going to do for Eddie Edwards what it did for Brian Danielson - turning a very technically sound guy into a genuine all-rounder. Edwards needs a while before he's truely found his inner charisma, but he's getting there. He worked very well with Bobby Fish, a guy I'd definitely seen before, but not to the extent that he made an impression. Opposite, Kid Cool is always really watchable, while Levy looks like he's got some potential (he looks dreadfully young at the moment, though I believe he's only a teenager, so that makes sense!). They built this really well with heat sequences, near falls, saves...a really great effort. Also, hillariously, the Americans were labelled "The New York Backstreet Boys". Made me laugh.*Women's match was okay enough, with the heel tactics of Lisa Fury being the highlight. Not seen her in action for a good few years, but she's come on very well, and can rile crowds up very well. First time I'd seen Erin Angel, and she wasn't too bad.*Main event was a whole lot of fun, with James Mason and Little Legs (dressed as a low rent version of Hornswaggle, which doesn't really work, baring in mind HS does at least look a little bit like the child they're trying to portray him to be. Little Legs, on the other hand, looks like a very small, old man) against Karl Krammer. Loads of funny little spots in it, based around the 400-pound Krammer going against the "2 and a half stone" LL. It somewhat split opinion, but I thought it was a hoot.*Return announced for, IIRC, January 25th. As I've said before, I don't think I could take seeing the ASW style at every single show, but it's very much worth popping along every couple of months or so. I could do without the...shall we say stretched truths coming from the ring announcer (her name I know not, but the blonde scouse lass), who said that this was Smackdown Warrior's first time in Croydon (he wrestled in the same building in January), while they'd also couriered in a load of WWE figures, which had arrived "ten minutes ago". I can't say for certain that they weren't telling the truth, but...well. Also, as Gadgetboy will no doubt sort out at some point, she very much exaggerated the match times after every contest (though they certainly wouldn't be the first promotion to do that). Still, didn't detract from an entertaining afternoon...

• Paid Members

Er, yes, I do indeed have some match times... though the exaggerations weren't too bad really.The Smackdown Warrior pinned Corporal Punishment after a spear in 16:08 (billed at 18 minutes). Having never seen SW before, I went in with an open mind though I'd not heard anything very positive, indeed I was warned against watching him by a fellow fan in Doncaster the previous day. This was a heated opener with stalling in reasonable amounts and in-ring action that I'd say was at the very least watchable, in an All-Star way. SW's power moves repertoire seemed good enough to keep the crowd alive.Rene Dupree pinned the 'Dynamic' Domino with a top rope splash in 13:23 (billed at 19 mins, I believe). Dupree is awesome. He was really good in the comedy tag in Doncaster the previous night (in a match that featured the French Tickler, which was sadly missing here... :( ) but probably this fits him better. Ben Levy and Kid Cool beat Eddie Edwards and Bobby Fish in 22:00 even when Cool pinned Fish with a sunset flip out of the corner (billed at 26 minutes). Levy was, I'm fairly certain, billed as 17 years old, and looked it, but was solid enough in the ring for someone of that age especially. Really fun tag team encounter from an in-ring as well as heat perspective, though the long day I had the day before was really killing me by this point. I would perhaps have been better served by going home at the interval as the second half I didn't like much...Lisa Fury pinned Erin Angel in 14:28. I must have seen Fury before, and while she looked the part and played the heel well, the crowd just wasn't prepared to boo much. I have seen Erin Angel as a crying, whining heel on Premier shows on the south coast before, which I would say I prefer. I found this quite dull, and I don't remember the finish as a result. Maybe this should have gone on second, with the Dupree match on at this point.James Mason and Little Legs beat The Barbarian (Karl Krammer) in 14:52. Comedy shenanigans that I found mildly entertaining, though Mighty LC's points about Little Legs definitely stand. Mason and Krammer had prefectly acceptable interaction, and the referee seemed to do half the comedy spots with Little Legs, making it...er.. a bit like two and a half on one.I'd say this was the second best of the three shows I saw this weekend, behind the 1PW Third Anniversary Show but ahead of the afternoon 1PW show Mortal Combat. That said, the good stuff all came in the first half. I'd agree with the crowd estimation of 500, and the return date on January 25th is a 4.30pm start.

Quick results from Hanley tonight..."Big O" Nick Aldis def Marty ScrulleBen Levy def Robbie DynamiteErin Angel def Lisa FuryDrew MacDonald vs Battling Barbarian: Double DQDeano Allmark & Little Legs def Bad News BrownOpinions on my first All Star show...Oblivion plays an excellent natural heelErin Angel and Lisa Fury were HOT and had a decent matchMacDonald v Barbarian was a shocker-a Falls count anywhere match was announced for the November 15th Hanley showThe main event was funny, and good old fashioned family comedy. Deano seemed impressive to me, and Bad News Brown seemed a little less brown, and a lot more alive than the Bad News Brown I remember :bored: Attendance was a good few less than the LDN show at Hanley a month ago, literally only the first few rows and the top balcony row was filled tonight, and apart from that there was nobodyAll in all, except for the "big man" match I had an enjoyable evening,

Results from tonights show in the Assembly Hall Theatre in Tunbridge Wells, KentChad Collyer d. Domino with a rollup.Lee Thomas d. Ringo Ryan after an FU apparantly. Kid Cool/Extreme Dean d. Flash Edwards/ Metal Master after a moonsault from Dean.Interval and we're back.James Mason d. Doug Williams, probably the best match of the night.Birthday mentions for three lucky young boys who each got a free poster and then their was the raffle.Frankie Sloan got the pin on Karl Kramer with Little Legs on top in a very entertaining handicap match.Crowd: 250-400 not sure.This was my first ASW show and I had fun tonight, I'll probably go again in January.Got a foam hand, and a backstage pass so that I can get an autograph, which I did, from my hero: Doug "The Anachist" Williams. :thumbsup::smug: Thank you Mr. Dixon and all the other guys who made this possible, you and the IPWUK boys that were in Bromley yesterday, in these last two days, have made a very happy wrestling fan in me. Top notch! Oh and thanks again ;) .

Some recent results nabbed from Deano's myspace........

Results from Blackpool tower Friday 31/10/08

CHAD COLLYER BEAT BEN LEVY

ROBBIE DYNAMITE PINNED JAMES MASON

DEANO & TONY SPITFIRE

BEAT

TANGO TIMM WILEY AND METAL MASTER

ERIN ANGEL PINNED LISA FURY

JAMES MASON WON THE RUMBLE

Results from Southport Thursday 30/10/08

ROBBIE DYNAMITE BEAT DEANO

JAMES MASON PINNED RAMPAGE BROWN

SMACKDOWN WARRIOR BEAT DREW McDONALD

LISA FURY DOWNED ERIN ANGEL

DEANO WON THE RUMBLE

Results from Birkenhead Wednesday 29/10/08

HARDNUT HARDY BEAT BEN LEVY

JAMES MASON PINNED RAMPAGE BROWN

SMACKDOWN WARRIOR DOWNED DREW McDONALD

ERIN ANGEL PINNED LISA FURY

ROBBIE DYNAMITE BEAT DEANO FOR THE BRITISH MID-HEAVY WEIGHT TITLE AND BELT IN A LADDER MATCH

Results from Skegness Town show 19:30 Show time Tuesday 28/10/08

ROBBIE DYNAMITE BEAT MARTY SCRULL

LEE THOMAS PINNED JULIO TORRES

EDDIE EDWARDS BEAT DEANO WITH HELP FROM CHAD COLLYER

ZAC ZODIAC PINNED DARK ANGEL

DEANO,FRANKIE SLOAN,ZAC ZODIAC AND KID COOL

BEAT

EDDIE EDWARDS,CHAD COLLYER,ERIK THORSEN AND JIMMY FROST

Results from Skegness Butlins 13:30 show Tuesday 28/10/08

RINGO RYAN PINNED LEE THOMAS

FRANKIE SLOAN BEAT JULIO TORRES

DEANO AND KID COOL